Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-Will of the People-(3/10)

:puke:

Really......it's being praised out the ass cause it's Fukking muse but i don't get it.

The lyrics are awful and about what muse has been writing about for nearly 20 years.  uprising fighting against some  vague entity that's generic and never fleshed out. an

Musically it's the same tired ideas Muse has recycled for years now. it's over Blown overcooked and still manages to be amazingly dull.  and if you tell me the overblown nature of it s the point.  I will hit you with the ham i just bought.  That sounds like a critique fans use to convince themselves Muse hasn't sucked for a decade now.

this records terrible.

Mick

For me, it's their third 1/10 in a row 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

For me, it's their third 1/10 in a row 

I put 3 cause there was a couple sparks over like 2 tracks.......before it went back to Music basic bland.

Why are they so highly regarded?  really if you want pomp you could literally get it in amillion different places and have it be done a million times better.

not cynically done either.  their work is one big middle finger and the fans go please daddy let me bend over further.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Haha 1

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Rush - Caress Of Steel

Led Zeppelin - _______ (aka Zoso, aka Les Zeppelin IV)

• Like 5

Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale And The Big Steppers

Loving a lot of this production. Kendrick is enthralling lyrically as usual, even if he seems to have a bit of a God complex he's fighting through? Oh well, better than having a Kanye complex.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale And The Big Steppers

Loving a lot of this production. Kendrick is enthralling lyrically as usual, even if he seems to have a bit of a God complex he's fighting through? Oh well, better than having a Kanye complex.

Love Kendrick!

• Like 2

Machine Head- Of Kingdom And Crown 

I really had a weird reaction to this new album when it came out last week. Strongly disliked it, but like a lot of Machine Head, it needs time and patience.

After the offbeat, bizarre and frankly a little silly Catharsis, which was BAD but not the worst kind of bad, this is a magnificent return to form. Wow! This sounds like it could have been the follow up to The Blackening. This is not the first time Machine Head have had a major return to form after a nu metal inflected stumble.

Bravo Machine Head!

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Machine Head- Of Kingdom And Crown 

I really had a weird reaction to this new album when it came out last week. Strongly disliked it, but like a lot of Machine Head, it needs time and patience.

After the offbeat, bizarre and frankly a little silly Catharsis, which was BAD but not the worst kind of bad, this is a magnificent return to form. Wow! This sounds like it could have been the follow up to The Blackening. This is not the first time Machine Head have had a major return to form after a nu metal inflected stumble.

Bravo Machine Head!

I find that Machine Head is pretty straightforward with me. If I like it on the first listen, I will always like it. If I don't, repeated listens don't change my mind. Their ventures into nu metal are garbage. That last album was a really head scratcher for me. I still can't figure out why Rob went back to that sound when it had been over a decade since nu metal was a thing. I will give the new album a chance. Usually when they stick to their signature style, it's top notch.

• Like 1

The album that got me into Pink Floyd.   I'm seeing Roger Waters tonight at MSG/NYC.

49250969362_8fbaed2bc3_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 5

Machine Head-Of Kingdom and Crown.

If your a fan of that golden period there is no reason i can think of that you wouldn't like this one.  it's melodic, Heavy, Some of their most hooky riffs in a while......REALLY well done.

Seriously has there ever been a band with the ability to make say oh i give up than apologize with an album that makes you forgive it all?

I loved this album.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I find that Machine Head is pretty straightforward with me. If I like it on the first listen, I will always like it. If I don't, repeated listens don't change my mind. Their ventures into nu metal are garbage. That last album was a really head scratcher for me. I still can't figure out why Rob went back to that sound when it had been over a decade since nu metal was a thing. I will give the new album a chance. Usually when they stick to their signature style, it's top notch.

Rob LOVED the nu metal scene.

This latest album is very much in the vein of The Blackening. I love it. 

• Like 2

Taylor Swift-Lover (9/10)

I don't care if it saps me of "cred" Taylor swift is an all time fav.

Lover......at first blush.......appears to be weaker an apparent chart grab.  but i feel it's just as deep and rewarding as any of her canon.

Mick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift-Lover (9/10)

I don't care if it saps me of "cred" Taylor swift is an all time fav.

Lover......at first blush.......appears to be weaker an apparent chart grab.  but i feel it's just as deep and rewarding as any of her canon.

Mick

What cred? We were gushing together about Panic At The Disco not but a few days ago, lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

What cred? We were gushing together about Panic At The Disco not but a few days ago, lol.

true i threw it out long ago.

Panic is still my fav BTW just taking a break.....lol

but the itch is starting again.

Mick

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

true i threw it out long ago.

Panic is still my fav BTW just taking a break.....lol

but the itch is starting again.

Mick

Yeah I got to the point where the songs were stuck in my head like days after last hearing them, a break seemed wise, lol.

this morning has been the radio (with an odd concentration of U2 that made me briefly worry something bad had happened)

and over lunch

Kiss - Rock And Roll Over

• Like 2

Panic-Death of A Bachelor (10/10)

despite al the praise i give.  I get the hate.  I knew the new album would be hated as soon as i played it (and it largly has been)

but everything Panic is right up my street.

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked