Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

dude you're baiting me now, lol

AMAZING album.

Mick

I forgot I downloaded it sometime last year and never got around to listening to it. Oddly great music for doing chores.

• Like 1

Since Friday:

Motion City Soundtrack - I Am The Movie 

Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory 

Tiny Moving Parts - Tiny Moving Parts

Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me

26 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica

Tom Waits led to this today, lol.

i listen to this.......unironically........and i find it pleasurable.

take that as you will, lol

Mick

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i listen to this.......unironically........and i find it pleasurable.

take that as you will, lol

Mick

Me too! After the first initial spin or two a lot of the shock factor wore off and I can just enjoy its zaniness now.  A lot of the songs are actually a lot more "normal" than people give them credit for, they're just coated in things that don't quite fit together.

• Like 1

Jon Anderson - Olias Of Sunhillow

Wow, that was completely different than Chris Squire's first solo album.

Muse-Will of the People-(3/10)

:puke:

Really......it's being praised out the ass cause it's Fukking muse but i don't get it.

The lyrics are awful and about what muse has been writing about for nearly 20 years.  uprising fighting against some  vague entity that's generic and never fleshed out. an

Musically it's the same tired ideas Muse has recycled for years now. it's over Blown overcooked and still manages to be amazingly dull.  and if you tell me the overblown nature of it s the point.  I will hit you with the ham i just bought.  That sounds like a critique fans use to convince themselves Muse hasn't sucked for a decade now.

this records terrible.

Mick

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-Will of the People-(3/10)

:puke:

Really......it's being praised out the ass cause it's Fukking muse but i don't get it.

The lyrics are awful and about what muse has been writing about for nearly 20 years.  uprising fighting against some  vague entity that's generic and never fleshed out. an

Musically it's the same tired ideas Muse has recycled for years now. it's over Blown overcooked and still manages to be amazingly dull.  and if you tell me the overblown nature of it s the point.  I will hit you with the ham i just bought.  That sounds like a critique fans use to convince themselves Muse hasn't sucked for a decade now.

this records terrible.

Mick

Still sounds like I'm gonna love it. lol

• Haha 2

Deer Scout - Woodpecker

Saw them live because a local musician friend of mine was opening for them. Very very small group at the moment, so the fact that this little 22 minute "album" (EP, definitely an EP) is as good as it is and sounds as nice as it does is a treat. They were definitely better live, but a couple of the songs on here still manage to shine. I'd say which ones, but at 22 minutes it's really not too hard to just listen through the whole thing.  

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

• The topic was locked