Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

8 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Yes! It's actually in some ways my favourite album. It's not as immediate as their first three, but I feel I like it more than MoP. I've always found Metallica overrated, but that's not their fault. They write great music and that's all that matters. Hardwired actually turned me onto them a whole lot more than anything else before it. Halo On Fire is my favourite Metallica song.

Moth To Flame sounded fantastic when I saw them live a couple weeks ago. We could even feel the heat from the fire pods that were set off during it and the stage was on the opposite side of the stadium from where I was sitting. Same when they set them off during Blackened.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Moth To Flame sounded fantastic when I saw them live a couple weeks ago. We could even feel the heat from the fire pods that were set off during it and the stage was on the opposite side of the stadium from where I was sitting. Same when they set them off during Blackened.

I figured they were going to play Moth and it was one of the songs I was most hyped for. I think it's definitely one of their best post-Black Album tracks. I just wish they'd play Spit Out the Bone more. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I honestly feel Hardwired is in their top three/four. I think it's better than Justice, which would be fifth for me. Hardwired is aging extremely well I think. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I put Hardwired fourth. It's hard for anything to move Puppets, Justice and Lightning from my top three.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I put Hardwired fourth. It's hard for anything to move Puppets, Justice and Lightning from my top three.

I think I'd rank them like this:

1. Ride The Lightning 

2. Kill Em All 

3. Master Of Puppets (I can't rate it lower)

4. Hardwired 

5. Justice 

6. Death Magnetic 

7. Metallica 

8. Load 

9. Reload 

10. Zzzzzzzz Anger

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I think I'd rank them like this:

1. Ride The Lightning 

2. Kill Em All 

3. Master Of Puppets (I can't rate it lower)

4. Hardwired 

5. Justice 

6. Death Magnetic 

7. Metallica 

8. Load 

9. Reload 

10. Zzzzzzzz Anger

Didn't you used to orgasm over Load at one point 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

Didn't you used to orgasm over Load at one point 😂

I actually love Load/Reload to bits 

St. Anger is the only album I don't like. 

I like more songs off Load/Reload together than there are tracks in Black Album. Problem is, there is a lot of filler as well.

34 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (8/10)

Pretty. Odd.-(10/10)

Mick

I can still barely believe that the same band made those two albums.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I can still barely believe that the same band made those two albums.

The debut is quite a basic pop/punk affair.

Pretty odd is a theatrical Pop masterpiece.

Mick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic-Vices & Virtues (7/10)

Clearly a transitional album in the Canon.

good not great.

Mick

To me it starts off really well, gets a bit lost in it’s own formula through most of the middle, then gradually leads itself back to more interesting territory by the end. Nearly  Witches is a fantastic song on any Panic album, and easily the best here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

The debut is quite a basic pop/punk affair.

Pretty odd is a theatrical Pop masterpiece.

Mick

At it’s heart yeah I agree about the debut. It gets dressed up in all sorts of costumes but the songs are built out of the same structures and melodies as Fall Out Boy’s from this era.  I do love it though. But then Pretty Odd just tosses out the rule book and does whatever it wants while keeping those good melodies.

• Like 1

Panic-Death of a Bachelor (10/10)

After a couple of more transitional works into a solo project.  I feel Brandon finds his footing and a new found confidence here.  You can here it ALL OVER his vocals.  there's a swagger to his singing that just wasn't there before.

Every track hits on this one.  true i didn't list it as my fav.  But.  Bachelor is super Special to me.  it brought me back tp Panic after lapsing following Pretty. Odd.  I skipped both Vices and  Too Weird to Live.  Bachelor brought be back in.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic-Death of a Bachelor (10/10)

After a couple of more transitional works into a solo project.  I feel Brandon finds his footing and a new found confidence here.  You can here it ALL OVER his vocals.  there's a swagger to his singing that just wasn't there before.

Every track hits on this one.  true i didn't list it as my fav.  But.  Bachelor is super Special to me.  it brought me back tp Panic after lapsing following Pretty. Odd.  I skipped both Vices and  Too Weird to Live.  Bachelor brought be back in.

Mick

Really I can’t think of any albums that sound anything like it. The theatrical sampling mixed with a lean bit chaotic blend of trap and pop punk backing, and the great hooks and memorable lyrics to back it all up. It’s a totally unique record to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Really I can’t think of any albums that sound anything like it. The theatrical sampling mixed with a lean bit chaotic blend of trap and pop punk backing, and the great hooks and memorable lyrics to back it all up. It’s a totally unique record to me.

at the timme i thought it was best batch of songs  since Pretty. Odd.

it is a chart chasing album BUT not in a way that feels cynical or pandering.

and........it's exciting. 

songs like.

Don't threaten me with A Good time.

Hallelujah

The title song

LA Devotee

The good, The Bad and the Dirty

Impossible year.

Come it's so goood it's unfair man, lol

Mick

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

at the timme i thought it was best batch of songs  since Pretty. Odd.

it is a chart chasing album BUT not in a way that feels cynical or pandering.

and........it's exciting. 

songs like.

Don't threaten me with A Good time.

Hallelujah

The title song

LA Devotee

The good, The Bad and the Dirty

Impossible year.

Come it's so goood it's unfair man, lol

Mick

I can easily just put all of the other tracks there as well, lol. Crazy = Genius I feel deserves a spotlight for how downright wicked it sounds.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked