Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Coheed and Cambria-Good Apollo.......(10/10)

Mick

Great album! I listened to it a couple times earlier this summer. Should definitely revisit. It doesn’t feel so much like meta as it does Fall Out Boy / MCR meets Rush.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Great album! I listened to it a couple times earlier this summer. Should definitely revisit. It doesn’t feel so much like meta as it does Fall Out Boy / MCR meets Rush.

it's funny all Coheed's albums follow one big story.  i have zero clue nor do i care what's going on.  but......DAMN are the songs catchy, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Jimmy Eat World-Invented (10/10)

i have zero ideas why this ranks so low with folks (and it often does rank REALLY low with people.)  all I can say is......y'all are deaf.

this with Futures make an awesome pair.  and would have made a wallop of a back to back but Chase this Light is stuck in between.

Sigh.....CTl is so stupid, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Coheed and Cambria-Good Apollo.......(10/10)

Mick

This band...THIS BAND...is one day going to consume my life.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

they are special like if rush had an emo-ish (cause Coheed ain't full emo)  baby.

Mick

Coheed were of that origin, and outgrew it.

Special band.

• Like 2

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

Fantastic spin bud.

Pendragon is FANTASTIC.

Mick

Absolutely, and I knew that would get a like out of you too, lol.  It's been sitting on my shelf begging to be played again for some months, probably more than I can remember, and I finally had the right mood and the right amount of time to sit down with it. Master Of Illusion and Paintbox especially are just magnifique.

3 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Absolutely, and I knew that would get a like out of you too, lol.  It's been sitting on my shelf begging to be played again for some months, probably more than I can remember, and I finally had the right mood and the right amount of time to sit down with it. Master Of Illusion and Paintbox especially are just magnifique.

My fav is album is The World.  Nick's guitar is VERY Gilmour influenced it's super obvious, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

My fav is The World.  Nick's guitar is VERY Gilmour influenced it's super obvious, lol

Mick

That's the other one I have, but only on CD.... and it's not here with me in DC yet... so only on my iPod for now.

But yeah The World is fantastic as well. Definitely has a fuller, shimmery guitar tone like Gilmore's, whereas the keys seem to shine on Masquerade a bit more prominently. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked