Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

33 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Songs From The Big Chair - Album by Tears For Fears | Spotify

I've never loved Shout all that much, and Everybody Wants To Rule The World has gotten very overplayed around me in the past couple years.... but it's a great song on a great album that I should revisit. Head Over Heels on the other hand, that is a fanTAStic tune!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Liar is an underrated proggy classic and in my personal Queen top 10 songs.

Mick

Nothing from the debut cracks my personal top ten, but Liar would be the tune to do so if anything did. I've never taken it out to a top 20 or 50 or anything. Maybe I should try that.

Here's my top ten for reference:

1. Bohemian Rhapsody

2. Killer Queen

3. My Melancholy Blues

4. Nevermore

5. Somebody To Love

6. You're My Best Friend

7. Don't Stop Me Now

8. Breakthru

9. The Show Must Go On

10. Save Me

7-9 I think are right, but they might swap around a little bit. Everything else is pretty set in stone.

• Like 2

Boston- Boston 

I though I had burned out on this album. I hadn't played it in a long while. Nope! I remain super enamored by it!

A truly faultless album.

• Like 6

Rush- Permanent Waves 

Something I always marvel at with this album is the fact it would truly be as great instrumental as it is with vocals. Just beautiful playing all round, maybe Alex's best album.

• Like 8

Iron Maiden- Piece Of Mind 

I genuinely overlook this album. Gosh it's great, it's like a greatest hits for me, these are some of my all time favourite songs!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Boston- Boston 

I though I had burned out on this album. I hadn't played it in a long while. Nope! I remain super enamored by it!

A truly faultless album.

:rofl1::rofl2:

Mr.  "i'm done with/burned out on insert album name" strikes again!!!!

Mick

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

:rofl1::rofl2:

Mr.  "i'm done with/burned out on insert album name" strikes again!!!!

Mick

Not played it before this week in about four years. So yeah, I was a bit 😂

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush- Permanent Waves 

Something I always marvel at with this album is the fact it would truly be as great instrumental as it is with vocals. Just beautiful playing all round, maybe Alex's best album.

I absolutely agree. Rush always had great production and instrumental arrangements before this, but something about PeW just totally one ups the sound of every record before it. I think Alex is a big reason why. His guitar tone had gone through many changes up till that point, but after Hems where is was actually a little muddy and reserved in places, he came back fighting on PeW with a tone that must’ve been sent down from the great gig in the sky by the rock gods upon a silver pedalboard. Truly beautiful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Supertramp--Even in the Quietest Moments (10/10)

Mick

Their best album, imo.

• Like 1

Boston- Boston 

A truly faultless album.

Faultless indeed. To this day, the only album where I’ve heard every single song from it played on the radio.

• Like 2

Iron Maiden- Piece Of Mind 

I genuinely overlook this album. Gosh it's great, it's like a greatest hits for me, these are some of my all time favourite songs!

It had to grow on me. I initially was turned off by the kind of muddy sound the guitars have, and a perceived lack of dynamics in the drums. But the truth is it’s a complex and crunchy treat for the ears with lots of great rocking and more introspective moments.

• Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

it's my fav by far.  it has EVERYTHING they are in one album.

Mick

The amazing thing is that doesn’t mean they don’t have any other fantastic albums to try to compete with it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The amazing thing is that doesn’t mean they don’t have any other fantastic albums to try to compete with it. 

look at the Damn followup.  Breakfast in America.  Most bands would kill for the discography Supertramp has.

Crime

Crisis

Quietest Moments

Breakfast.

Even Famous Last Words is good MAYBE a cut below but i still like it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

look at the Damn follow.  Breakffast in America.  Most bands would kill for the discography Supertramp has.

Crime

Crisis

Quitest Moments

Breakfast.

Even Famous Last Words is good MAYBE a cut below but i still like it.

Mick

Famous Last Words is great. The problem is you can tell the two leads just weren’t working together anymore and the band was splintering apart. It keeps that extra magic factor from creeping in as often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I absolutely agree. Rush always had great production and instrumental arrangements before this, but something about PeW just totally one ups the sound of every record before it. I think Alex is a big reason why. His guitar tone had gone through many changes up till that point, but after Hems where is was actually a little muddy and reserved in places, he came back fighting on PeW with a tone that must’ve been sent down from the great gig in the sky by the rock gods upon a silver pedalboard. Truly beautiful.

I think it is his best work! Oddly it's not an album I love as much as others, but I deem it one of several Rush albums that are basically faultless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic-Viva Las Vengeance (10/10)

I'm picking more layers out of this every spin.

Mick

Someone I know mentioned the chorus of Local God and the verses of Middle Of A Break Up are very ABBA. I don’t know ABBA that well, but I think I can hear it.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked