Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out

Panic! At The Disco - Pretty. Odd.

Panic! At The Disco - Vices & Virtues

Panic! At The Disco - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die

Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor

Panic! At The Disco - Pray For The Wicked

can you guess what I’m listening to next?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

I just watched the ARTV review of it after having listened. And Jon was not too positive on it, and the comment section was pretty negative as well. Most people agreed it’s a step up from PFTW, but not many people have it much more than that. A lot of complaints that Brendan is singing too high too much and that the Queen worship isn’t interesting or compelling. I am worried that my immediate love of this album is a major minority opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I just watched the ARTV review of it after having listened. And Jon was not too positive on it, and the comment section was pretty negative as well. Most people agreed it’s a step up from PFTW, but not many people have it much more than that. A lot of complaints that Brendan is singing too high too much and that the Queen worship isn’t interesting or compelling. I am worried that my immediate love of this album is a major minority opinion.

I watched his review Thursday night. I ended up really enjoying the album. Maybe the high singing was a bit excessive, but Brendon's always been known for his range. I loved the retro styles on the album. Something About Maggie gives me major mid-career Beatles vibes. It was the most I've enjoyed a new Panic album in a long time.

• Like 1

Panic-Viva Las Vengeance.

OK so this is indeed a what da fukk is wrong with them album.  and one folks will either love or hate.  it's very diverse in style.....excessive.  Brandon is activiy trying to grate on you it seems.

and I........LOVED.......ALL.........43......COKED OUT MINUTES!!!!!!!

Panic has always been a sort of guilty pleasure for me.   and this album.......oh boy.  it cements them as a fav.... screw the guilty.......there just a fav now.

Album of the year so far baby!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 2

Opeth- Ghost Reveries 

Mariah Carey- Butterfly 

Two of my favourite albums back to back 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I watched his review Thursday night. I ended up really enjoying the album. Maybe the high singing was a bit excessive, but Brendon's always been known for his range. I loved the retro styles on the album. Something About Maggie gives me major mid-career Beatles vibes. It was the most I've enjoyed a new Panic album in a long time.

Right on! I’m glad so didn’t my watch that review until after I listened. Those things have a tendency to taint my initial opinion. I need to listen again to day for the Beatles vibes in SAM, but I remember LOVING that song while it was on. One of the best on there, along with the title track, Sugar Soaker, Say It Louder, Do It To Death, God Killed Rock And Roll…. we’ll except for Middle Of A Breakup I am in mad love with all of them, lol!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic-Viva Las Vengeance.

OK so this is indeed a what da fukk is wrong with them album.  and one folks will either love or hate.  it's very diverse in style.....excessive.  Brandon is activiy trying to grate on you it seems.

and I........LOVED.......ALL.........43......COKED OUT MINUTES!!!!!!!

Panic has always been a sort of guilty pleasure for me.   and this album.......oh boy.  it cements them as a fav.... screw the guilty.......there just a fav now.

Album of the year so far baby!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Yes!!!! :bounce::clap:

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yes!!!! :bounce::clap:

Segue doesn't get it.  he messaged me this morning saying i don't get the new Panic.

I'm like "yeaaaaaa ummmmmm i hate to break it to you............I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!"

I just appreciate this album so much.  it remends me of Meat Loaf with how blatantly big and insane it is.

Brandon at times hits notes that are TOTALLY not called for and i'm here for it baby!!!!!!! this was way better than i ever expected.

Mick

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Segue doesn't get it.  he messaged me this morning saying i don't get the new Panic.

I'm like "yeaaaaaa ummmmmm i hate to break it to you............I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!"

I just appreciate this album so much.  it remends me of Meat Loaf with how blatantly big and insane it is.

Brandon at times hits notes that are TOTALLY not called for and i'm here for it baby!!!!!!! this was way better than i ever expected.

Mick

Exact same. Exact heckin same. I love that the performances aren’t all studio perfect, because the songs and the ideas and the ambition are just too off the charts for perfection! A couple more listens and this could end up as my favorite Panic album. Period. Pretty Odd will give it a run for it’s money, but nothing else is even looking close to me right now. 

And oh well, Segue, that’s alright! Maybe you’ll come around on it a few years down the road, like with Queen. In the mean time SS25, Mick, and I are gonna be belting these choruses together in the nearest green room, lol.

• Like 2

Panic

Death of a Bachelor (9/10)

Pray For the Wicked (10/10)

i love this solo project, lol (not really a band anymore)  i criminally underate them/him/it,

gosh....no more though.

and Brandon is one of the best male voices around......fight me, lol

Mick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic

Death of a Bachelor (9/10)

Pray For the Wicked (10/10)

i love this solo project, lol (not really a band anymore)  i criminally underate them/him/it,

gosh....no more though.

and Brandon is one of the best male voices around......fight me, lol

Mick

Yes. Absolutely. I will say though, I definitely have DOAB over PFTW personally.

• Like 2

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

I already said it and I’ll say it again. Album of the year. Muse hasn’t even come out yet. I don’t care.

• Like 2

Foreigner- Foreigner 

Boston- Boston 

Night Ranger- Dawn Patrol 

Love all three albums. My favourite is Dawn Patrol 

• Like 6

Panic-Viva Las Vengeance (Best album of the year/WAKE UP SEGUE!!!!!!!)

i Adore this record.

Listening to this for the 8th time.  i'mm hearing a HUUUUUUUGE Elvis costello influence i never noticed.

cool deal for me, lol.

Mick

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic-Viva Las Vengeance (Best album of the year/WAKE UP SEGUE!!!!!!!)

i Adore this record.

Listening to this for the 8th time.  i'mm hearing a HUUUUUUUGE Elvis costello influence i never noticed.

cool deal for me, lol.

Mick

Listening to this again today inspired me to quit thinking about my recording project I've been thinking about for months and start recording.

• Like 2

Queen - Queen

Like Mick has said before, this band knew exactly who they were right out of the gate. Everything for the next few albums has some kind of roots here, and really the only things that don’t going forward have to do with synths and dance music.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Queen - Queen

Like Mick has said before, this band knew exactly who they were right out of the gate. Everything for the next few albums has some kind of roots here, and really the only things that don’t going forward have to do with synths and dance music.

Liar is an underrated proggy classic and in my personal Queen top 10 songs.

Mick

• Like 2

• The topic was locked