Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Pale Waves- Unwanted 

This British pop-punk band offer nothing new, but my god I had great fun listening to this sugar rush of an album. Paramore, Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, Kelly Clarkson, Jimmy Eat World...they wear their influences proudly.

Lots of emo/pop punk fans here. Anyone else check them out? I really love this album, even though I swear I've heard it all before!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Pale Waves- Unwanted 

This British pop-punk band offer nothing new, but my god I had great fun listening to this sugar rush of an album. Paramore, Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, Kelly Clarkson, Jimmy Eat World...they wear their influences proudly.

Lots of emo/pop punk fans here. Anyone else check them out? I really love this album, even though I swear I've heard it all before!

I've been meaning to check them out. Their singer did a song with All Time Low last year.

47 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I've been meaning to check them out. Their singer did a song with All Time Low last year.

I really enjoyed this. A sponsored advert came up on my FB and the hooks were good so I tried them

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Pale Waves- Unwanted 

I had a song I liked from them from their first album, but never checked out the rest or thought of them as emo/pop punk. More of a neo goth/new wave sort of thing. Haven’t heard anything more recent, but by your description it sounds like they must’ve gotten a bit heavier.

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yesterday

Jimmy Eat World-Damage (6/10)

Biffy Clyro-Opoosites (9/10)

Huey Lewis-Sports (8/10)

Jimmy-Invented (10/10)

Biffy-Myth of the Happily Ever After (6/10)

Mick

Sports is like one of the best albums ever! :heart:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I had a song I liked from them from their first album, but never checked out the rest or thought of them as emo/pop punk. More of a neo goth/new wave sort of thing. Haven’t heard anything more recent, but by your description it sounds like they must’ve gotten a bit heavier.

Definitely pop punk. Olivia, Taylor a bit of Jimmy and Paramore...

• Like 2

Testament- The Ritual 

Absolutely adore this album. 

9 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Definitely pop punk. Olivia, Taylor a bit of Jimmy and Paramore...

Well I love three of those artists!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well I love three of those artists!

I don't get your hate for Taylor Swift. She's an exceptional songwriter.

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't get your hate for Taylor Swift. She's an exceptional songwriter.

I just don’t care for what I’ve heard from her. I don’t have any ill will towards her as an artist or a person (her Spotify strike was actually really cool even if she was the wrong person to lead that idea). I just don’t care for her music.

• Like 1

Supertramp - Breakfast In America

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks

Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LyndseyG said:

Alestorm - Seventh Rum Of A Seventh Rum

I read Aerosmith and the album title looks like an Iron Maiden album title and I was very confused for a second.

• Like 2

Soundgarden- Louder Than Love 

Brilliant album, it sounds fresh even today. 

Iron Maiden- The Number Of The Beast 

A perfect album. I have the 2015 remaster which sounds amazing, without any bonus tracks. It's perfect as it is.

• Like 5

David Bowie - Live At Nassau Coliseum

High energy, high impact, very loose and playful. Maybe a little too loose in a couple spots (Changes for instance gets a little hard to follow), but emotionally I can really feel every lyric, which makes for an incredible performance. I probably do prefer Stage / Welcome To The Blackout, but not by much.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 2:56 PM, Turbine Freight said:

Aerosmith Pump.jpg

Their last great album, IMO.  Oddly, when it was first released, and Love in an Elevator was the lead single, I remember thinking, "Uh-oh."  I was driving to Cape Cod with some buddies and the radio station had a "double shot," of Aerosmith, LiaE and Back in the Saddle.  When BitS came on, one guy chimed in, "But are they really?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Their last great album, IMO.  Oddly, when it was first released, and Love in an Elevator was the lead single, I remember thinking, "Uh-oh."  I was driving to Cape Cod with some buddies and the radio station had a "double shot," of Aerosmith, LiaE and Back in the Saddle.  When BitS came on, one guy chimed in, "But are they really?

Lol, Love In An Elevator is my favorite Aerosmith song.

• The topic was locked