Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Premiata Forneria Marconi - Per Un Amico

Il Balletto Di Bronzo - Ys

Museo Rosenbach - Zarathustra

Area - Arbeit Macht Frei

Cervello - Melos

If you don’t recognize any of these and you like Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, or ELP, you need to give at least one of them a listen and break that Italian language barrier.

MNERVA - Talk Too Much EP

Page 9 - The Serenity Chronicles

Green Day - Warning

Hilary Duff - Hilary Duff

• Like 1

Rhapsody Of Fire- The Frozen Tears Of Angels

Rhapsody Of Fire- From Chaos To Eternity 

I'm obsessed with this band. 

Weezer-Van Weezer

Jimmy Eat World-Bleed American

Weezer has become the most cringe thing ever.  pretty basic melodies but the lyrics are literally if i just listed stuff in pop culture.  that's Weezer lyrics.  and they release an album a year.  such a watered down band now.

i washed that out of my mouth with Jimmy. 

Weezer couldn't even lick their boots.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Weezer-Van Weezer

Weezer has become the most cringe thing ever.  pretty basic melodies but the lyrics are literally if i just listed stuff in pop culture.  that's Weezer lyrics.  and they release an album a year.  such a watered down band now.

Mick

I thought Weezer was terrible from the first time I heard them. Nothing about them ever said that I should take the band seriously.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Weezer-Van Weezer

Mick

I mean, to me that’s kinda the whole appeal of Weezer. The style is the substance. I really dig Van Weezer but I’ll agree it’s not their greatest ever. But The White Album back in 2016 absolutely contends with their two widely recognized 90s classics if you ask me. Also, OK Human is a beautiful uplifting little gem as well. Have you heard that one? It’s all like baroque pop and no electrics guitars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I thought Weezer was terrible from the first time I heard them. Nothing about them ever said that I should take the band seriously.

More for me!

• Like 1

47 years ago tonight I witness the Mighty Sabbath for the second time in Asbury Park.

52265077047_ca618c6012.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, custom55 said:

47 years ago tonight I witness the Mighty Sabbath for the second time in Asbury Park.

52265077047_ca618c6012.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin:  Of course the Baby Parade up there with Sabbath makes this epic!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Rush - Permanent Waves

Rush - Moving Pictures

Rush - Grace Under Pressure

….I didn’t even realize what I did while I was doing it. Three artists, three albums with Grace in the title. It was a long horrible day of travel and stress involving bad weather and a cancelled flight. And without even thinking about it I reached for anything called Grace. 

• Like 5

Rhapsody Of Fire- Dark Wings Of Steel 

This is the band's eleventh album, and first non-conceptual. Songs are more straightforward, the bombast is dialled back, and it is really good. But not their best. It reminds me a little of No Prayer For The Dying, a stripped back record that tones down the bombast and ambition of the album's immediately preceding it. 

I like it, it feels more like a debut than their super accomplished debut did.

• The topic was locked