Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

The Warning-Queen of the Murder Scene 

From the band name.  i was expecting like goth metal.  wasn't expecting like an alt. rock/pop punk mix.

REALLY dug  this.  Thanks TRF.

Mick

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

The Warning-Queen of the Murder Scene 

From the band name.  i was expecting like goth metal.  wasn't expecting like an alt. rock/pop punk mix.

REALLY dug  this.  Thanks TRF.

Mick

My new favorite rock band honestly. Young, talented, pretty. What's not to love?

• Like 2

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

My new favorite rock band honestly. Young, talented, pretty. What's not to love?

they have the hooks great vocals great playing. 

i'm sold. i'm playing the recent one now.  it's WAAAAY better than what Lacuna coil's doing.  ok that was a blatant shot but i'm still gutted by what they're possibly thinking right now.

Mick

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i'm sold. i'm playing the recent one now.  it's WAAAAY better than what Lacuna coil's doing.  ok that was a blatant shot but i'm still gutted by what they're possibly thinking right now.

Mick

The new album is great. Stunning songwriting and lyrical content from a band that's so young. Have you noticed the drummer does fills and rolls that are similar to Neil Peart?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

The new album is great. Stunning songwriting and lyrical content from a band that's so young. Have you noticed the drummer does fills and rolls that are similar to Neil Peart?

Rush was a band that popped into my head.  Very few new rock bands (i'm talking ones that have a mainstream soud only) have hit the mark for me.

these folks tick all the right boxes.  they have a very mainstream sound but they have the playing and lyrics too back it up.

Mick

• Like 2

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

Rush was a band that popped into my head.  Very few new rock bands (i'm talking ones that have a mainstream soud only) have hit the mark for me.

these folks tick all the right boxes.  they have a very mainstream sound but they have the playing and lyrics too back it up.

Mick

Yep, that's why I have fallen completely in love with them over the last few months. Since they have grown up in a world with the internet, the band has a ton of live stuff on YouTube. They sound even better live.

• Like 2

The Warning-ERROR 

I'm sold to death, lol

this album may be my fav album of 2022.  a lot of tis one reminded me for some reason of Grace Under Pressure without the synths.  

Mick

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

The Warning-ERROR 

I'm sold to death, lol

this album may be my fav album of 2022.  a lot of tis one reminded me for some reason of Grace Under Pressure without the synths.  

Mick

I will warn you now, if you go down The Warning YouTube rabbit hole there may be no coming back from not loving this band. Just thought I would let you know in advance. If you've been wondering why I have been kind of quiet around here lately, that is pretty much why 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

To give LC credit, many of the greats have done terrible rerecordings 😂 

And LC's new material has been killer. I think I'd have preferred their "new versions" done as a live anniversary special. If they are adjusting the writing to help them continue into their next decade (which will see Cri turn 60), I just wish the mix wasn't so mishandled.

39 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I will warn you now, if you go down The Warning YouTube rabbit hole there may be no coming back from not loving this band. Just thought I would let you know in advance. If you've been wondering why I have been kind of quiet around here lately, that is pretty much why 😄

Why be quiet? The more hype they get the better! 

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Why be quiet? The more hype they get the better! 

Well, they already have a thread here. So, I figured if anyone else wanted to talk about them they would do it there. I didn't want to become annoying by posting a bunch in there if nobody else was interested.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Well, they already have a thread here. So, I figured if anyone else wanted to talk about them they would do it there. I didn't want to become annoying by posting a bunch in there if nobody else was interested.

Never stopped me 😂

SAAAAAXXXXXOOOOOON

• Haha 3

Okay fine I’ll play The Warning two days in a row, lol. Y’all are persistent!

but so far today

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (starts off life it’s gonna be their absolute peak, but the back half cools down a bit so I don’t think it eclipses Clarity or Futures for me)

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

Mumford & Sons - Babel

I don’t really know why M&S is the band that does this for me, but if I’m ever nervous or anxious or sad, these two records are my surest fire way of calming me down and helping me feel more confident that everything will be alright.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

but so far today

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (starts off life it’s gonna be their absolute peak, but the back half cools down a bit so I don’t think it eclipses Clarity or Futures for me)

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

Mumford & Sons - Babel

I don’t really know why M&S is the band that does this for me, but if I’m ever nervous or anxious or sad, these two records are my surest fire way of calming me down and helping me feel more confident that everything will be alright.

Bleed American was their make or break record. They were dropped by their label Capitol Records, and they worked on that album without a label, shopped it around, got signed to DreamWorks, and the rest is history. I always think of this as their answer to their critics who said they would never make it.

But we got better records since. As far as early 21st century emo albums go, it's one of the best. But for my money, the best emo album of that year was The Juliana Theory's Emotion Is Dead. That had all the makings of a hit, only they were on tiny label.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Imagine the idea of liking a band and listening to them multiple days in a row. What a concept, I hope that catches on in the near future 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Imagine the idea of liking a band and listening to them multiple days in a row. What a concept, I hope that catches on in the near future 😂

Truly an alien concept, lol.

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene

The Warning - ERROR

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

After I finished Error again, it was songs from QOTMS that were still stuck in my head. I don’t have any notable problems with Error, but that’s just where my head is at with this band.

• Like 2

Slipknot - Slipknot

I intended to revisit this for the first time in a long while while playing Halo, but Halo took forever to download and I only ended up playing one round after I thought the CD had ended. Turned out I played that one round during the 5ish minutes of silence between the "last" song and the bonus track(s). So I guess I did what I intended... technically.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Slipknot - Slipknot

I intended to revisit this for the first time in a long while while playing Halo, but Halo took forever to download and I only ended up playing one round after I thought the CD had ended. Turned out I played that one round during the 5ish minutes of silence between the "last" song and the bonus track(s). So I guess I did what I intended... technically.

This album hasn't aged too well for me. I prefer Slipknot from Vol 3 to now.

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

This album hasn't aged too well for me. I prefer Slipknot from Vol 3 to now.

Debut's the only one I've heard so far, though I do know Duality from Guitar Hero.

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Debut's the only one I've heard so far, though I do know Duality from Guitar Hero.

So you judge band's music by Guitar Hero, and listen to songs on a video game generally...but won't use YouTube to discover music 😂🤦

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

So you judge band's music by Guitar Hero, and listen to songs on a video game generally...but won't use YouTube to discover music 😂🤦

I don’t think I ever said I wouldn’t use YouTube to discover music? Actually I do use it pretty often to watch reviews and essays and things about music, and that does sometimes lead to new discoveries. I guess generally as far as seeking out recommendations I prefer to come here or scour the internet or articles and lists that might point me towards something new, but I do use YouTube occasionally for that purpose.

and hey, Guitar Hero was part of the trifecta of things that first got me into music at all, so yeah I weigh that pretty heavily if I remember a song being on there, lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don’t think I ever said I wouldn’t use YouTube to discover music? Actually I do use it pretty often to watch reviews and essays and things about music, and that does sometimes lead to new discoveries. I guess generally as far as seeking out recommendations I prefer to come here or scour the internet or articles and lists that might point me towards something new, but I do use YouTube occasionally for that purpose.

and hey, Guitar Hero was part of the trifecta of things that first got me into music at all, so yeah I weigh that pretty heavily if I remember a song being on there, lol

I love YT for music! Especially YouTubers who do videos like "if you love this, try..."

• Like 1

• The topic was locked