Hot Mulligan - You'll Be Fine

Hot Mulligan - Acoustic Vol. 1 EP

Hot Mulligan - I Won't Reach Out To You EP

Fury In Few - The Maven EP

Fury In Few - The Baron EP

Fury In Few - The Titan EP

My Chemical Romance - I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Both on vinyl. I found of them recently at my local Walmart. Bullets is a yellow-orange blend, and Three Cheers is white.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

My Chemical Romance - I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Both on vinyl. I found of them recently at my local Walmart. Bullets is a yellow-orange blend, and Three Cheers is white.

I’ve never heard Bullets, and in fact I was under the impression that it was hard to find, so hearing that they’re selling it at Walmart is slightly mind blowing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ve never heard Bullets, and in fact I was under the impression that it was hard to find, so hearing that they’re selling it at Walmart is slightly mind blowing.

I definitely never thought I'd see it there.

12 hours ago, treeduck said:

That's interesting. For me whether someone died or not has no effect on whether I listen to them or not. Hey that's just me though.

It's just something I noticed through the years. I don't avoid them purposely because the band is no more or somebody died. I guess it's just easier for a band to slip my mind when they're no longer active.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It's such a good album!

I think the first two The Used and the first two MCR albums are cut from the same cloth. They aren't exactly the same, but the two bands early works are very complimentary. They even collaborated on a Queen cover together!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's just something I noticed through the years. I don't avoid them purposely because the band is no more or somebody died. I guess it's just easier for a band to slip my mind when they're no longer active.

If you're finding bands/artists still going you really connect with, it is so easy to keep up with them and let others things slide. I mean I'm the opposite, I'm so hooked on Blind Guardian and Rhapsody Of Fire I've not really touched new music. But I am open to traditional and power metal more than ever, and have discovered a couple of killer newer bands this year. So we shall see how my tastes evolve over the next year!

• Like 2

Rhapsody Of Fire- The Frozen Tears Of Angels 

Rush- Roll The Bones 

Roll The Bones remains one of my absolute favourite albums. The last couple of years, the songs have really spoken to me and helped me through a lot. Dreamline, Bravado and the title track are just perfection in how they get the album opening. I wish all bands who dabble in streamlined commercial rock had this much heart. I'm going through a rough time ATM and I forgot how comforting this album can be. It's very soothing, it's like the band are offering me a listening ear and a hug.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

If you're finding bands/artists still going you really connect with, it is so easy to keep up with them and let others things slide. I mean I'm the opposite, I'm so hooked on Blind Guardian and Rhapsody Of Fire I've not really touched new music. But I am open to traditional and power metal more than ever, and have discovered a couple of killer newer bands this year. So we shall see how my tastes evolve over the next year!

That's pretty much what it is. I never have a shortage of music to listen to. Whether it's a newer band or discovering an old one, I always have something. So, it's pretty easy for a band to slip off my radar when they are no longer active. Even if they rank among my all time favorites like Rush and Dio do.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

That's pretty much what it is. I never have a shortage of music to listen to. Whether it's a newer band or discovering an old one, I always have something. So, it's pretty easy for a band to slip off my radar when they are no longer active. Even if they rank among my all time favorites like Rush and Dio do.

Well I am the same. I've barely touched favourites like Lacuna Coil, Nightwish or Thrice in ages. 

As long as we love what we listen too, does it matter? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Alter Bridge-III (8/10)

a fine album.  i think it does wear out it's welcome a bit but i don't think it's awful like i've heard a fair few fans say.

Mick

I love this album immensely. It got me through some hard times. The hate it got baffled me then, baffles me now.

• Like 1

Paramore - Paramore

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene

The Warning - ERROR

Jimmy Eat World - Futures

I do think I prefer Queen Of The Murder Scene to Error.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Paramore - Paramore

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene

The Warning - ERROR

Jimmy Eat World - Futures

I do think I prefer Queen Of The Murder Scene to Error.

I'm probably going with Error as my favorite. Murder Scene is a more straight forward rocking album and a bit darker but it's also a very fun listen despite it's dark theme. Error shows a lot of maturity in their song writing, more diverse musically and better lyrical content. Murder Scenes lyrics are like a true crime/mental health documentary set to music. While Error has lyrics that are more personal and honest. I like true crime stuff a lot. But I like it more when a band is honest about what they are feeling.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm probably going with Error as my favorite. Murder Scene is a more straight forward rocking album and a bit darker but it's also a very fun listen despite it's dark theme. Error shows a lot of maturity in their song writing, more diverse musically and better lyrical content. Murder Scenes lyrics are like a true crime/mental health documentary set to music. While Error has lyrics that are more personal and honest. I like true crime stuff a lot. But I like it more when a band is honest about what they are feeling.

I think there's a bit of a sci-fi dystopian vein to the writing on Error that's really cool, but yeah generally the songs do seem a little more honest to real life. I'm a sucker for a concept though and the dark moody sections really captivate me on Murder Scene. It shows up in places on Error, but I actually think Error is  the harder rocking record, in a kind of Muse or UFO type of way, if that makes any sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think there's a bit of a sci-fi dystopian vein to the writing on Error that's really cool, but yeah generally the songs do seem a little more honest to real life. I'm a sucker for a concept though and the dark moody sections really captivate me on Murder Scene. It shows up in places on Error, but I actually think Error is  the harder rocking record, in a kind of Muse or UFO type of way, if that makes any sense.

Error might be the harder rocking record up through Z. After that the album gets a little more softer/mid tempo and I think it kills some of the momentum the album had up until that point. I like those songs but the album does slow down a bit. I'm not in favor of bonus tracks in general and this is no exception. Adding a slow piano ballad for that really ends the album on a down note. Martirio should be the album closer with nothing else to follow. The song has a much better, this is the end kind of feel to it.

The reason I think Murder Scene is the more rocking record is because the main body of the album, Ugh through Hunter, hits you hard and fast and doesn't let up. The album does end with a ballad but it makes sense with the story for it to end with a slower song.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Testament- The New Order 

I haven't played Testament in ages. I'm reminded once more why they are my favourite thrash metal band. In my honest opinion, they have never released a disappointing album.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked