Straight Shooter (10/10)

Run With The Pack (9/10)

Burnin' Sky (9/10)

Spectacular band i never give time too.

Paul Rodgers has a golden throat.

Mick

Can you sing along?

17 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i have the DVD.  it's a good show.  but i feel Rodgers vocal style didn't really fit with Queen.  Adam actually makes more sense IMO.

However......i LOVE Rodgers version of I Want to Break Free.  shoot me but i think his take blows Freddie away.

but that's the only song he surpasses Mercury on.

Mick

I have seen both versions of Queen (with Paul Rodgers and with Adam Lambert) live. 

TBH, much as I love Paul Rodgers voice, I just didn't think he fitted in with the style of Queen's music.

Adam Lambert however is a much better all round fit for the band - never gonna be as good as Freddie, but still allows Queen to be a jolly fine live experience.

• Like 2

Kickstart the Sun | Cats In Space

New album from Cats In Space.

Great fun for all lovers of '70s rock.

Rammstein - Zeit.png

Rammstein's latest.

With track titles such as Dicke Titten (Big Tits), how can they possibly go wrong!

Black Sabbath SbS.jpg

Faultless

Horslips – Happy To Meet...Sorry To Part (1977, Vinyl) - Discogs

Happy To Meet...Sorry To Part - the debut album by Horslips in 1972/73.

I can never understand why this band weren't huge.

• Like 2

Dance Gavin Dance - Jackpot Juicer

Super American - Disposable EP

Super American - Tequila Sunrise

Super American - Yobwoc EP

Brand New- The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me 

Brand New- Deja Entendu 

Thrice- Vheissu 

The Juliana Theory- Emotion Is Dead 

Jimmy Eat World- Clarity 

AFI- Sing The Sorrow 

HIM- Razorblade Romance 

This was an exceptional listening day for me. I love all these bands and albums!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Brand New- Deja Entendu 

Thrice- Vheissu 

Jimmy Eat World- Clarity 

AFI- Sing The Sorrow 

HIM- Razorblade Romance 

This was an exceptional listening day for me. I love all these bands and albums!

I revisit Clarity more than any of my other Jimmy Eat World albums. I don’t know if that means it’s my favorite, but there’s such a particular mood and texture captured there that’s not on any of the others I’ve heard from them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I revisit Clarity more than any of my other Jimmy Eat World albums. I don’t know if that means it’s my favorite, but there’s such a particular mood and texture captured there that’s not on any of the others I’ve heard from them.

Clarity is a masterpiece that transcends the genre. One of the greatest albums I've ever heard. I love Jimmy Eat World, Clarity is the kind of album few bands ever have the luck to record. 

However, I think they have an excellent discography. Futures and Invented are my favourites alongside this. Invented is in many ways Clarity 2.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Clarity is a masterpiece that transcends the genre. One of the greatest albums I've ever heard. I love Jimmy Eat World, Clarity is the kind of album few bands ever have the luck to record. 

However, I think they have an excellent discography. Futures and Invented are my favourites alongside this. Invented is in many ways Clarity 2.

I haven't gotten to Invented yet! I have Clarity through Chase This Light, and I also recently picked up some kind of b-side singles comp of theirs but I haven't played it just yet.

Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me

David Bowie - Low

Two wildly different reactions to pain and unsatisfaction.

• Like 1

Styx- The Grand Illusion 

This isn't my favourite Styx album, but I was really in the mood for it today. And it hit a sweet spot I've been missing for weeks. 

Styx are one of the greats. I wish their discography would be remastered. These CDs are flat compared to my vinyls. I often say that TGI is one of the lesser Styx classics for me.

Once again, I'm wrong. But I'm not wrong about how lifeless the CD is compared to the vinyl (I first heard this on vinyl as I bought that record from a second hand store near me). I am shocked Styx haven't rolled out the reissues over the years. This album deserves it!

One song that stood out to me massively this go around was Castle Walls. Magnificent tune!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

Saxon- Power And The Glory 

Rush- A Farewell To Kings 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Saxon- Power And The Glory 

Rush- A Farewell To Kings 

It's actually been a really long time since I listened to Rush. I know the last marathon I had was after Neil died. They haven't been in the rotation much at all since then. That's the unfortunate thing when a band is finished. I will go through long periods where I don't listen to them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's actually been a really long time since I listened to Rush. I know the last marathon I had was after Neil died. They haven't been in the rotation much at all since then. That's the unfortunate thing when a band is finished. I will go through long periods where I don't listen to them.

Rush are a band I don't play often, but when I do....I binge it for weeks. This album might have regained its status as my favourite!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush are a band I don't play often, but when I do....I binge it for weeks. This album might have regained its status as my favourite!

I'm sure it will happen again for me. I love Dio but don't listen to him a ton since he died. The same with Type O Negative after Peter Steele passed away. I guess it just becomes a out of sight out of mind thing for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm sure it will happen again for me. I love Dio but don't listen to him a ton since he died. The same with Type O Negative after Peter Steele passed away. I guess it just becomes a out of sight out of mind thing for me.

Thing is I'm the opposite. I don't like much new music going around ATM. Instead I've been having a great time trying bands I've always meant to before, getting reacquainted with old faves, etc. I'm not against new music, but no new band has blown me away in a while.

• Like 1

Jethro tull 25.jpg

I was stuck in the house all day waiting for a couple of deliveries so to kill time I waded through this anniversary box set from 1993.

Some good stuff and some not so good.

The good - CD1 and CD2. Also the earlier live material on CD4.

The not so good - Ian's voice on CD3 re-recordings. These were recorded in 1992 - by this stage Ian's voice was shot I'm afraid. Also the later live tracks on CD4 show just how much Ian's voice has deteriorated.

Rhapsody Of Fire- The Frozen Tears Of Angels 

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

That's interesting. For me whether someone died or not has no effect on whether I listen to them or not. Hey that's just me though.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 2:30 PM, Segue Myles said:

Brand New- Deja Entendu 

Thrice- Vheissu 

Jimmy Eat World- Clarity 

AFI- Sing The Sorrow 

HIM- Razorblade Romance 

What a list!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I actually haven't listened to Rush all that much since Neil's passing either. I listened to 7 or 8 of my favorite albums just after in January 2020, I listened to their full discography in January 2021, and I've played Moving Pictures a few times here and there, including on the 40th Anniversary in February 2021. When I revisit their music, it's very special. But I've been listening to a lot of different stuff lately. I've been discovering new artists, listening to old favorites again, listening to the full catalogs of every band I have tickets to see live, sampling genres I'm less familiar with, and checking out artists I missed out on.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked