Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

41 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Three great albums! And I'm so glad you love that Save Face album! I saw them live again back in March, and they were so good!

It’s really great, and perfect for getting my emo/pop punk hit in a short time period. Thank you for recommending it to me!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It’s really great, and perfect for getting my emo/pop punk hit in a short time period. Thank you for recommending it to me!

No problem! I've got plenty more if you ever want them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Paramore - Riot!

Brand New - God And The Devil Are Raging Inside Me

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out

AFI - Decemberunderground

Brand New and AFI are two of my absolute favourite bands of my teens, and even now!

God I love AFI! Have you heard Sing The Sorrow? It might be the best punk/emo album of the 2000s.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Brand New and AFI are two of my absolute favourite bands of my teens, and even now!

God I love AFI! Have you heard Sing The Sorrow? It might be the best punk/emo album of the 2000s.

Decemberunderground is the only record of theirs I have. Also, That was my first listen to Brand New. Great stuff!

11 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

No problem! I've got plenty more if you ever want them

Oh I know. I have to dedicate a music shopping spree to your recs one of these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Decemberunderground is the only record of theirs I have. Also, That was my first listen to Brand New. Great stuff!

I love that AFI album. The self titled "blood" album from 2017 is immaculate as well.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Paramore - Riot!

Brand New - God And The Devil Are Raging Inside Me

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out

AFI - Decemberunderground

Great albums!

• Like 1

Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation

Well even with only one earbud in this was fantastic!

• Like 3

Just now, Super25Smasher said:

Great albums!

Indeed! It was a very 00s pop punk / emo day for me yesterday.

• Like 1

Bad Company

Self Titled (8/10)

Straight Shooter (10/10)

Run With The Pack (9/10)

Burnin' Sky (9/10)

Spectacular band i never give time too.

Paul Rodgers has a golden throat.

Mick

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Bad Company

Self Titled (8/10)

Straight Shooter (10/10)

Run With The Pack (9/10)

Burnin' Sky (9/10)

Spectacular band i never give time too.

Paul Rodgers has a golden throat.

Mick

People Queen decided to tour with filling in for Freddie on vox: Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert

People Queen decided to record music with on vox other than Freddie: Paul Rodgers (though I’ve actually never listened to that record)

Not saying he’s better than Lambert, but I think that little blip on his resume speaks for itself.

• Like 2

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel

The first thing I noticed about this band was the obvious MCR influence, but given time you can parse out their own style and it’s fantastic. MCR may sound a lot like this at times, but they don’t really write like this. A lot of this album feels like it’s happening backstage after a musical with a strong chance something terrible and maybe paranormal is going to happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

People Queen decided to tour with filling in for Freddie on vox: Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert

People Queen decided to record music with on vox other than Freddie: Paul Rodgers (though I’ve actually never listened to that record)

Not saying he’s better than Lambert, but I think that little blip on his resume speaks for itself.

i have the DVD.  it's a good show.  but i feel Rodgers vocal style didn't really fit with Queen.  Adam actually makes more sense IMO.

However......i LOVE Rodgers version of I Want to Break Free.  shoot me but i think his take blows Freddie away.

but that's the only song he surpasses Mercury on.

Mick

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i have the DVD.  it's a good show.  but i feel Rodgers vocal style didn't really fit with Queen.  Adam actually makes more sense IMO.

However......i LOVE Rodgers version of I Want to Break Free.  shoot me but i think his take blows Freddie away.

but that's the only song he surpasses Mercury on.

Mick

I’ve actually never listened to any one his stuff with Queen. I can see him killing that song though, an octave down I’m sure but killing it nonetheless.

220px-Bruce_Springsteen_-_Greatest_Hits.

My favorite song off the album is still "Dancing in the Dark."  The track was a watershed moment for Bruce Springsteen.  It changed the trajectory of his entire career.  Originally it was written to satisfy his record label's demand for an actual single to be included on the Born in the USA album.  It defined his life at the time.  At first listen, it sounds like a man who is frustrated with his existence and has no hope for the future.  In reality it was about Bruce's inability to write a hit song.  He was desperate and hungry for success.  "You can't start a fire without a spark" can mean a number of things.  You can't create a song without inspiration or a muse, you can't succeed without taking risks, or you can't have a relationship without mutual attraction.  "This gun's for hire" was a reflection of Bruce's attitude toward Columbia Records at the time.  He felt like a hired gun whose only purpose was to make money for the label.  "Dancing in the dark" can be interpreted in several ways. It could mean to move through life without a clear plan, to act without thinking, or to have meaningless relationships without deep connection. The track has become an anthem for blue collar shift workers ("get up in the evening/come home in the morning"). It sold over a million copies and became Bruce's biggest hit.  The song has been covered by numerous artists from Taylor Swift to John Legend.  

• Like 2

Out of the Blue  by ELO

This album made me a huge fan of the group.  Always listen when I need a boost, they make me smile and it is just so good!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Krystal said:

220px-Bruce_Springsteen_-_Greatest_Hits.

My favorite song off the album is still "Dancing in the Dark."  The track was a watershed moment for Bruce Springsteen.  It changed the trajectory of his entire career.  Originally it was written to satisfy his record label's demand for an actual single to be included on the Born in the USA album.  It defined his life at the time.  At first listen, it sounds like a man who is frustrated with his existence and has no hope for the future.  In reality it was about Bruce's inability to write a hit song.  He was desperate and hungry for success.  "You can't start a fire without a spark" can mean a number of things.  You can't create a song without inspiration or a muse, you can't succeed without taking risks, or you can't have a relationship without mutual attraction.  "This gun's for hire" was a reflection of Bruce's attitude toward Columbia Records at the time.  He felt like a hired gun whose only purpose was to make money for the label.  "Dancing in the dark" can be interpreted in several ways. It could mean to move through life without a clear plan, to act without thinking, or to have meaningless relationships without deep connection. The track has become an anthem for blue collar shift workers ("get up in the evening/come home in the morning"). It sold over a million copies and became Bruce's biggest hit.  The song has been covered by numerous artists from Taylor Swift to John Legend.  

Great analysis!

• Like 1

• The topic was locked