Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Journey’s New Album  - Freedom 

.. it’s had mixed reviews .. but I really like

it 👍🙂

Btw   , I know it should be simple but what’s the easiest way please to copy & paste/ display album artwork ? 

Thanks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

it 👍🙂

Btw   , I know it should be simple but what’s the easiest way please to copy & paste/ display album artwork ? 

Thanks 

Right click on the image, click on copy image and then paste straight into the TRF reply box ( assuming you're on a PC/laptop).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

it 👍🙂

Thanks 

I have yet to give this album a spin. The problem I have at the minute is with Arnel Pineda. Over the years since he joined, he has started to irritate me more and more.... not really sure why.

YYNOT's “Light and Shade” Now Shipping – No Treble

Fire Of Unknown origin.jpg

What a great album!

Theatre of the Mind.jpg

Some of you may be familiar with Canadian band Mystery. 

They are known as an out and out prog band, but their first couple of albums were more rock oriented.

This album (despite having one of the all time crappiest cover artwork) is worth a listen.

It features a guy called Gary Savoie on vocals who quite simply has a tremendous voice. Sort of in the Steve Perry vocal range.

I suspect that as they moved more to a prog style, his vocals didn't fit with the plan. I have never heard of anything by him since he left the band. He seems to have just disappeared.

I would highly recommend this fine album.

• Like 2

Rhapsody Of Fire- From Chaos To Eternity 

The final album in their 10 volume epic (eight albums, one mini-album, and one EP), From Chaos To Eternity ends it all in style. Huge, grand, operatic and very dramatic, this one needs more spins.

First time listening to this one, it doesn't do anything new, but considering its the final part of a complete concept, it closes this era off in style.

I hear the next two albums are not conceptual, and they focus on shorter songs. Can't imagine them without the grand storytelling, so we will see if I take to them.

Not anytime soon. This has been excellent fun, but it's also been A LOT!

10 hours ago, zepphead said:

YYNOT's “Light and Shade” Now Shipping – No Treble

Fire Of Unknown origin.jpg

What a great album!

Theatre of the Mind.jpg

Some of you may be familiar with Canadian band Mystery. 

They are known as an out and out prog band, but their first couple of albums were more rock oriented.

This album (despite having one of the all time crappiest cover artwork) is worth a listen.

It features a guy called Gary Savoie on vocals who quite simply has a tremendous voice. Sort of in the Steve Perry vocal range.

I suspect that as they moved more to a prog style, his vocals didn't fit with the plan. I have never heard of anything by him since he left the band. He seems to have just disappeared.

I would highly recommend this fine album.

I've been haunted for decades by those Fire of Unknown Origin faces! :ohmy::blaze::smoke:

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked