Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

32 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

That Lacuna Coil remake is f***ing terrible. What the hell are they doing? I turned it off before the second verse was finished. I thought they had left the being f***ing clueless about what to do after Shallow Life flopped. But here they are being morons again. Dear God, I would rather listen to Mariah Carey than hear that again. At least if it was another band doing a reimagined cover of the song it would be acceptable. Still not good but acceptable. To do this to your most classic and beloved album is the most clueless thing they've ever done.

The new Alter Bridge song is solid. At least they didn't try to reimagine Blackbird and embarrass themselves.

my problem is two fold.

1.  Re-makes fine i guess.  but it reeks of we're a spent force creativly.

2.  it just a plain downgrade.  I HATE all the effects putting on Scabbia's voice lately.  one album OK i just thought they were trying it.  Now it's a thing and i really hate it.  also the production sucks.  sterile.....clinical.  the drums sound like mashed potatoes.

i'm skipping this.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

my problem is two fold.

1.  Re-makes fine i guess.  but it reeks of we're a spent force creativly.

2.  it just a plain downgrade.  I HATE all the effects putting on Scabbia's voice lately.  one album OK i just thought they were trying it.  Now it's a thing and i really hate it.  also the production sucks.  sterile.....clinical.  the drums sound like mashed potatoes.

i'm skipping this.

Mick

The thing that bugged me so much on Black Anima and now this is that Cri still has a fantastic voice. You can really hear her pushing her boundaries on record, and you'd think the autotune was to hide lots of flaws (I mean, she's fifty now, it's okay to show age).

But...but...but...their live shows are fantastic and she hits every note (not every time, she's a hyperactive squirrel onstage), so it makes no sense.

And Tightrope never needed screams. Ever. 

• Like 1

On the commute to work &

back plus right now ..

Journey - Infinity 

Enchant - Blink of an Eye

Epica - The Divine Conspiracy 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

On the commute to work &

back plus right now ..

Journey - Infinity 

Enchant - Blink of an Eye

Epica - The Divine Conspiracy 

How did you find Enchant and Epica?

25 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

How did you find Enchant and Epica?

Pretty Cool 👍😎

Enchant is pretty similar to the AOR/Melodic bands I grew up with in the 80s so I instantly like it 🙂

( btw … see my post just now of My Fav Top 10 .. more like 30 LOL ! … AOR/Melodic Hard Rock Bands … in your Top Ten Metal Bands thread … if  you haven’t heard of all of ‘ em I seriously suggest you & Mick check out the likes of Aldo Nova & Dare for example 🙂

Epica … I love the ambition & scale of it all , the light & shade 👍😎..

I’m adjusting to the occasionally growly male vocals ..  🤔 but I can understand that it works within the context of the band’s artistery … and I’m getting more accustom to it with each listen.

I’m certainly going to keep digging deeper into their catalogue. 

21 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Pretty Cool 👍😎

Enchant is pretty similar to the AOR/Melodic bands I grew up with in the 80s so I instantly like it 🙂

( btw … see my post just now of My Fav Top 10 .. more like 30 LOL ! … AOR/Melodic Hard Rock Bands … in your Top Ten Metal Bands thread … if  you haven’t heard of all of ‘ em I seriously suggest you & Mick check out the likes of Aldo Nova & Dare for example 🙂

Epica … I love the ambition & scale of it all , the light & shade 👍😎..

I’m adjusting to the occasionally growly male vocals ..  🤔 but I can understand that it works within the context of the band’s artistery … and I’m getting more accustom to it with each listen.

I’m certainly going to keep digging deeper into their catalogue. 

i kew you'd love Enchant. VERY AOR based.  Their singer Ted Leonard is a hell of a vocalist.  Kind of a combo of the 2 Steves....Perry and Walsh IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

Yes - Relayer

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Rush - A Farewell To Kings

• Like 5

Crack The Sky - Safety In Numbers

…woah, this is fantastic! Highly recommend to fans of Rush, Queen, Styx, Supertramp, etc. Killer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Lacuna Coil-Comalies-(9/10)

Cleansing myself after the ass garbage of the remake.

Mick

I am shocked by fans saying it's an improvement. No wonder LC are going down this route, clearly this era has a big audience (makes sense as Delirium was a rebirth for them of sorts, bringing on a new wave of fans).

It's not for us, it's for them.

But still. I'd rather have new songs.

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Lacuna Coil-Comalies-(9/10)

Cleansing myself after the ass garbage of the remake.

Mick

You're too caught up on the bad remake. The important thing to remember is that Cristina is 50 and still hot.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

You're too caught up on the bad remake. The important thing to remember is that Cristina is 50 and still hot.

She issssss

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

i think she's an android.....Still hot but clearly an ageless android.

Mick

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i think she's an android.....Still hot but clearly an ageless android.

Mick

Something is definitely going on there. You would think all that Italian food would have killed her body by now.

• Haha 2

The Push Stars - Any Little Town

Melissa Ethridge - Yes I Am

(most of) Tori Amos - Boys For Pele

Chevelle - Wonder What’s Next

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Caligula’s Horse - Bloom

The Shins - Oh Inverted World

• Like 2

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

I'm still just getting into PT, but I know for sure I love this a lot more than In Absentia. That probably sounds crazy to many, but something about In Absentia just keeps me at an arms length away. I still think it's great, but the atmospherics don't engage me as much as threaten to put me to sleep. A very nice sleep mind you, but sleep all the same. Deadwing does not have that problem. 

And right now I'm spinning a brand new vinyl LP that just came in the mail. I had ordered Uomo Di Pezza by Le Orme, but for better or worse they had the wrong album in the box they sent me. Instead of this:

51wYECRwq+S.jpg

They sent me this:

65913_dio_the_last_in_line_remastered_vi

I'm sure J2112YYZ is thrilled. :ROCK:

• Like 4

Fleet Foxes- A Very Lonely Solstice 

Blind Guardian- A Night At The Opera 

Okay two totally different bands and albums, and I'm absolutely loving that this morning!

• The topic was locked