Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

yup these are the gravel years.all that touring i think. 

but it suits him weirdly.  and it's just gravel.  it's not i have nodes  heavy Horses era ian anderson, lol.

HE sounds like a different guy.

Mick

Yeah, it definitely suits him. I honestly can't imagine pre-Frontiers Steve Perry's voice singing these songs. It would sound wrong. 

Yeah, Heavy Horses is a total shock to the ears. I believe it was Cat Stevens who sang on that album, no? :tongue:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yeah, it definitely suits him. I honestly can't imagine pre-Frontiers Steve Perry's voice singing these songs. It would sound wrong. 

Yeah, Heavy Horses is a total shock to the ears. I believe it was Cat Stevens who sang on that album, no? :tongue:

best Cat album ever!!!!

i hear treeduck coming......RUN!!!!!:laugh2:

Mick

• Haha 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

best Cat album ever!!!!

i hear treeduck coming......RUN!!!!!:laugh2:

Mick

:pirate:

3 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

:pirate:

BTW EP.  the amazing thing is the Next album Raised on Radio......the gravel is gone and we're back to version 1 steve.

Amazing.....the Gravel years are just a blip, lol

Mick

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

BTW EP.  the amazing thing is the Next album Raised on Radio......the gravel is gone and we're back to version 1 steve.

Amazing.....the Gravel years are just a blip, lol

Mick

I have that one! I actually haven't played it in like months, and for some reason I can't remember it right now, but I think I remember you being right. It just kinda goes away. Crazy, man just casually records songs with his gravelly voice that I don't think ever would've worked with his normal voice, then goes back to normal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Mad as a whole multiverse full of planets entirely occupied by hatters!

cas-1058-genesis-label.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I have that one! I actually haven't played it in like months, and for some reason I can't remember it right now, but I think I remember you being right. It just kinda goes away. Crazy, man just casually records songs with his gravelly voice that I don't think ever would've worked with his normal voice, then goes back to normal.

i'm playing Raised now.  and there are MOMENTS where he brings out the gravel but it's a lot of clean voice perry too.

what a class Act of a vocalist.

best AOR singer  ever and no one can change my mind.

Mick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i'm playing Raised now.  and there are MOMENTS where he brings out the gravel but it's a lot of clean voice perry too.

what a class Act of a vocalist.

best AOR singer  ever and no one can change my mind.

Mick

hmmmmm.......

I'll grant you he's better than most, but I wonder if you're including Steve Walsh in your assessment.

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

hmmmmm.......

I'll grant you he's better than most, but I wonder if you're including Steve Walsh in your assessment.

i don't really consider Kansas full fledged AOR unless 80's kansas are included.  70's kansas was a weird Prog/AOR fusion.  and even than more prog than AOR.

But if we are including Walsh.  he's brilliant but i prefer Perry, LOL

Mick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i don't really consider Kansas full fledged AOR unless 80's kansas are included.  70's kansas was a weird Prog/AOR fusion.  and even than more prog than AOR.

But if we are including Walsh.  he's brilliant but i prefer Perry, LOL

Mick

Fair assessment!

Perry is a bit weird for me. Especially on a lot of Escape his voice actually kinda annoys me, just the timbre of it.  That's not to say I don't generally like his voice, but for me it gets a bit overwhelming after a while, which is probably why I prefer the records where he has Greg to bounce off of.  I could see myself rating Lou Gramm over him, who just has a perfect voice for rock and roll, exactly all the right ingredients. And I'm also very very fond of Brad Delp, who gets just as stratospheric as Perry yet somehow doesn't get on my nerves. And if we're counting Steve Walsh, I think he's my number 1 in the category. But Perry's great!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, treeduck said:

It's a heavy metal masterpiece!

Honestly? Yes! I actually love it more and more every time I return. Run Of The Mill really stood out this time.

Rush- Rush

Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla

Saxon- Saxon 

Iron Maiden- Iron Maiden

Blind Guardian- Battalions Of Fear 

Rhapsody- Legendary Tales 

Having a day of EPIC metal debuts.

Say what you will about any of these albums, each and everyone has an energy, a creative spark that really inspired me. I don't normally do theme days, but I couldn't help it today.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, treeduck said:

jethro-tull-roots-to-branches.jpg

rainbow-stranger-in-us-all-5.jpg

uriah-heep-sea-of-light.jpg

toto-tambu.jpg

That's my favourite album cover of Toto. I always wish I had that book!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

That's my favourite album cover of Toto. I always wish I had that book!

It could be out there somewhere! The girl looks a bit unapologetic! The guy is saying WTF where you been you slut???

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, treeduck said:

It could be out there somewhere! The girl looks a bit unapologetic! The guy is saying WTF where you been you slut???

Or maybe they are dancing and got so excited their clothes burst off.

Happens all the time to me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked