Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Mastodon- Emperor Of Sand 

I'm bloody loving this album, I've played it every day for over a week now. Odd how it never hooked me in the past.

• Like 1

Mariah Carey- Daydream 

Mariah Carey- Emotions 

Mariah Carey- Butterfly 

Mariah Carey- Rainbow 

I love her, don't even care 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Same here. I'm also very partial to the self titled, which I know isn't for everyone.

Self titled is growing on me, though I can’t see it beating out anything but the debut in my rankings.

All of them are really great.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Self titled is growing on me, though I can’t see it beating out anything but the debut in my rankings.

All of them are really great.

I agree with your ranking. They have such a consistent discography.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, treeduck said:

queensryche-promised-land.jpg

boston-walk-on.jpg

steve-lukather-candyman-5.jpg

️ 3 x Superb albums which I all purchased on the day of their releases back in ‘94

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 10:22 PM, bluefox4000 said:

Journey-Trial By Fire(8/10)

People seem to really give this one i hard time and i could see reasons why.  it's overlong and a few too many slow perry solo album typ songs but what's good here is REALLY damn good.

Message of Love

One More

When you Love A Woman

If He Should Break Your Heart

Forever In Blue

Don't Be Down On Me

It's Just The Rain

Trial By Fire

all that is classic Journey for me.

It's a bit generic to say but in his prime Steve Perry was one of the best singers ever.  and i love his tone on this album not quite prime but a rich mature tone.

to bad everyone in this band hates each other cause they could have gone on after this one.  this lineup i believe had way more in the tank at the time but...."band politics" don't ya know?

Mick

Totally agree with all the above 👍

and your ranking too ! 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 3:59 PM, bluefox4000 said:

hydra- i love side A  side B's a bit patchy

Turn Back-Love it to death.  WAY more than IV.  which Makes IV disappointing.  i put Turn Back in my top 5.

Mick

Turn Back kick ass ! 💥👍😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

C’mon Mick surely this should be 10/10 ! 

😉😎

i can no longer Stomach don't Stop beleavin' I have in fact......stopped Beleavin', lol

Mick

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i can no longer Stomach don't Stop beleavin' I have in fact......stopped Beleavin', lol

Mick

What’s your Journey Top 3 with rankings please Mick ? 🙂

6 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

What’s your Journey Top 3 with rankings please Mick ? 🙂

oh ok.

1.  Evolution

2. Infinity

3. Raised On Radio

I just love the early Gregg Rollie era.  he blows Jonathan Cain out of his lil boots.

i loved his songwriting his Interplay With Perry, his voice.

and it was nice having a lead singer besides Steve for variety's sake.

and i'm a weirdo who ADORES raised.  sure in sound it's closer to Steve's Street talk but there are so many good tunes on there.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

oh ok.

1.  Evolution

2. Infinity

3. Raised On Radio

I just love the early Gregg Rollie era.  he blows Jonathan Cain out of his lil boots.

i loved his songwriting his Interplay With Perry, his voice.

and it was nice having a lead singer besides Steve for variety's sake.

and i'm a weirdo who ADORES raised.  sure in sound it's closer to Steve's Street talk but there are so many good tunes on there.

Mick

Yep those Rollie & Perry vocal melodies and trading of lines ( along with Neal & Ross pitching in too ( no pun intended ! ) with spot on backing vocals almost 

à la Queen  ( same producer Roy Thomas Baker ) on songs like Just the Same Way , Feeling that Way & Anytime , make Captured ( Live ) my joint Favourite album along with Escape.

I like both the Rollie & Cain Eras 👍😎

it’s the 1st 3 albums I still to this day struggle to fully get into. 
I know some early era Journey Fans say Perry ‘ ruined ‘ Journey .. I disagree he saved them & took them to the next level.

He made Neal into a better guitarist too , 🎸.. his solos still flashy with fast flurry of notes in places ,  but now far more Melodic and serving to the songs hence memorable and iconic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Yep those Rollie & Perry vocal melodies and trading of lines ( along with Neal & Ross pitching in too ( no pun intended ! ) with spot on backing vocals almost 

à la Queen  ( same producer Roy Thomas Baker ) on songs like Just the Same Way , Feeling that Way & Anytime , make Captured ( Live ) my joint Favourite album along with Escape.

I like both the Rollie & Cain Eras 👍😎

it’s the 1st 3 albums I still to this day struggle to fully get into. 
I know some early era Journey Fans say Perry ‘ ruined ‘ Journey .. I disagree he saved them & took them to the next level.

He made Neal into a better guitarist too , 🎸.. his solos still flashy with fast flurry of notes in places ,  but now far more Melodic and serving to the songs hence memorable and iconic. 

i don't like the first 3 either.  too much fusion instrumental stuff going on.

on the other side i don't like much post perry.  they got good replacements but it's just Schon/Cain grasping at former glory they'll never have again.  when they could have tried something new and fresh.

Gregg Rollie was the man though.

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked