Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

On 6/14/2022 at 9:08 PM, bluefox4000 said:

LRB-First Under the Wire (10/10)

LRB is inching ever closer to usurping Toto.

I really slept on these fellows.

Mick

I'm really not understanding this, I tried a couple more albums, and I don't hear a Toto connection at all. They are great though, I just don't really see them taking Toto's place because they stand on their own terms lol

28 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm really not understanding this, I tried a couple more albums, and I don't hear a Toto connection at all. They are great though, I just don't really see them taking Toto's place because they stand on their own terms lol

When Did i say they were LIKE Toto.  I said they were A1 and A2 for me in AOR bands.  and i consider LRB AOR from like the third album on.  they really are not alike.  and Yes i do like LRB more.

i find them way more consistant  than Toto.  Toto may have higher highs but i just am finding LRB more enjoyable album for album.

this  triggers you WAY more than it should bud:biggrin:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

44 minutes ago, treeduck said:

emerson-lake-palmer-in-the-hot-seat.jpg

asia-aria.jpg

yes-talk-5.jpg

pink-floyd-the-division-bell.jpg

I grew up on Ely, so that PF cover is always special to me. I used to walk that field skipping school, walking home to the village outside it.

Beautiful city, but it's more like a quaint, wealthy town

• Like 2

State Champs - Kings Of The New Age

Super American - Sup

In Her Own Words - Distance Or Decay

:rush: - Moving Pictures

Moose Blood - I'll Keep You In Mind From Time To Time

The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World

• Like 3

Trivium- In The Court Of The Dragon 

When this came out last year, I thought "yeah, another solid Trivium album. No complaints", and then I moved on and forgot about it.

Now? I think it's another absolutely breathtaking album! That's three classics in a row. I don't know why the metal world doesn't fully embrace these guys, they are worthy of discussion amongst all the greats.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, bluefox4000 said:

Toto-IV )7/10)

Segue get's triggered by this but i truly don't get the mass appeal here.......at all at all.

I don't even hate this album.  i like it.  But like is as far as i go.  the album starts off with three great songs. Rosanna, Make Believe and I Won't Hold You Back......love em all. no problems.

then next is when things take a dive hard for me.  I could Be Good for You.  has promise love the verses and the build up.  the Hook is just bad and let's the song down.......I could be good for YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!  shut up, lol

It's a feeling is very sleepy that's the best word i can use.

Afraid of love.  classic little pop rocker really like it.  Lovers in the Night.  same problem as Good For You.  Really great build up.  lackluster simple repeating hook. All hooks are that but some are annoying, lol.  We're Lovers in the Night..........lovers in the night...........lovers in the night........lovers in the night.  and on ands on and on.

Then i'm gonna skip the final 3 because.....i dislike all three.  even Africa Never liked that tune.

As i say this is one of my least fav AOR records.  actually it's more akin to a motown RNB record but i'm using AOR as a blanket term.  And it's for sure not Toto's best batch of songs.  For whatever problems i have with Fergie.   Isolation is a millions times better song wise IMO not to mention ALL 3 Joseph Records obliterate IV easy.

i didn't have to explain this but i have an itch to write my detailed thoughts on IV, lol

Don't hate it for sure don't love it though.

Mick

1000% ( Not a typo LOL ! ) agree with you Mick

• Like 1

Songs From The Hard Shoulder - The Tangent - Vinyle album - Achat & prix |  fnac

Decent Prog as always from The Tangent

Hounds of Love - Wikipedia

Great to see a new generation listening to the wonderful Kate Bush.

• The topic was locked