Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

19 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

LRB-First Under the Wire (10/10)

LRB is inching ever closer to usurping Toto.

I really slept on these fellows.

Mick

I wish you were in a hard rock band...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

LRB-Sleeper Catcher (10/10)

their fourth WAY eclipses Toto IV to me.

Mick

STOP SLAGGING OFF THAT POP MASTERPIECE

• Haha 2

Toto-IV )7/10)

Segue get's triggered by this but i truly don't get the mass appeal here.......at all at all.

I don't even hate this album.  i like it.  But like is as far as i go.  the album starts off with three great songs. Rosanna, Make Believe and I Won't Hold You Back......love em all. no problems.

then next is when things take a dive hard for me.  I could Be Good for You.  has promise love the verses and the build up.  the Hook is just bad and let's the song down.......I could be good for YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!  shut up, lol

It's a feeling is very sleepy that's the best word i can use.

Afraid of love.  classic little pop rocker really like it.  Lovers in the Night.  same problem as Good For You.  Really great build up.  lackluster simple repeating hook. All hooks are that but some are annoying, lol.  We're Lovers in the Night..........lovers in the night...........lovers in the night........lovers in the night.  and on ands on and on.

Then i'm gonna skip the final 3 because.....i dislike all three.  even Africa Never liked that tune.

As i say this is one of my least fav AOR records.  actually it's more akin to a motown RNB record but i'm using AOR as a blanket term.  And it's for sure not Toto's best batch of songs.  For whatever problems i have with Fergie.   Isolation is a millions times better song wise IMO not to mention ALL 3 Joseph Records obliterate IV easy.

i didn't have to explain this but i have an itch to write my detailed thoughts on IV, lol

Don't hate it for sure don't love it though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Toto-IV )7/10)

Segue get's triggered by this but i truly don't get the mass appeal here.......at all at all.

I don't even hate this album.  i like it.  But like is as far as i go.  the album starts off with three great songs. Rosanna, Make Believe and I Won't Hold You Back......love em all. no problems.

then next is when things take a dive hard for me.  I could Be Good for You.  has promise love the verses and the build up.  the Hook is just bad and let's the song down.......I could be good for YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!  shut up, lol

It's a feeling is very sleepy that's the best word i can use.

Afraid of love.  classic little pop rocker really like it.  Lovers in the Night.  same problem as Good For You.  Really great build up.  lackluster simple repeating hook. All hooks are that but some are annoying, lol.  We're Lovers in the Night..........lovers in the night...........lovers in the night........lovers in the night.  and on ands on and on.

Then i'm gonna skip the final 3 because.....i dislike all three.  even Africa Never liked that tune.

As i say this is one of my least fav AOR records.  actually it's more akin to a motown RNB record but i'm using AOR as a blanket term.  And it's for sure not Toto's best batch of songs.  For whatever problems i have with Fergie.   Isolation is a millions times better song wise IMO not to mention ALL 3 Joseph Records obliterate IV easy.

i didn't have to explain this but i have an itch to write my detailed thoughts on IV, lol

Don't hate it for sure don't love it though.

Mick

I have no words 

But the cool thing these days alerts me to the fact that I should call you 

A

Racist

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I have no words 

But the cool thing these days alerts me to the fact that I should call you 

A

Racist

Let me ask you this question about APES:

Which apes are better, the ones in 2001 or the ones in Planet of the Apes??

• Like 1

Since Friday:

Secrets - The Collapse

Dragged Under - Upright Animals

Motionless In White - Scoring The End Of The World

Wings - Wild Life

Paul McCartney & Wings - Red Rose Speedway (Double album version)

Wings - Back to the Egg

Paul McCartney - Kisses on the Bottom: Complete Kisses

I love the story about George Martin agreeing to work with Paul on Tug of War.  "Stop with the 'band' silliness."  :smile:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, treeduck said:

Let me ask you this question about APES:

Which apes are better, the ones in 2001 or the ones in Planet of the Apes??

Neither, the correct answer is: The recent trilogy 😂

• Like 1

Dark Tranquillity- Projector 

Mastodon- Emperor Of Sand 

Two great albums. EOS has taken a long time to reel me in, but it's the perfect album for hot summer days, and I am all of a sudden finding it to be a mesmerising, beautiful work. 

• The topic was locked