Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Alan Parsons Project- Turn Of A Friendly Card 

I really, truly think this is one of the most creative and unique pop/prog albums ever released. It's something different every time I hear it, I swear I never feel I listen to this album the same way twice.

Lacuna Coil- Black Anima 

I truly love this album. I actually think this is the band's finest collection of songs to date. What brings it down is the muddy production, which is a bit of a shock after the crystal clear clarity of Delirium. Still, great songs are great songs, and this album is bursting with them. I've noticed fans really love the bonus tracks as well, and I can only think they were left off because the album itself flows perfectly. The bonus tracks are truly that, a bonus, and in the best way. I'm glad they came on a separate disc, as it makes for a great EP. 

But that audio mix...is not the best. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Alan Parsons Project- Turn Of A Friendly Card 

I really, truly think this is one of the most creative and unique pop/prog albums ever released. It's something different every time I hear it, I swear I never feel I listen to this album the same way twice.

Lacuna Coil- Black Anima 

I truly love this album. I actually think this is the band's finest collection of songs to date. What brings it down is the muddy production, which is a bit of a shock after the crystal clear clarity of Delirium. Still, great songs are great songs, and this album is bursting with them. I've noticed fans really love the bonus tracks as well, and I can only think they were left off because the album itself flows perfectly. The bonus tracks are truly that, a bonus, and in the best way. I'm glad they came on a separate disc, as it makes for a great EP. 

But that audio mix...is not the best. 

What percentage of fans think the last three Lacuna Coil albums are their best? I get the feeling I'm in the minority on that one. I do love those first three albums still but on the last three I think they've perfected their song writing craft and have fully become the band they were always meant to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

What percentage of fans think the last three Lacuna Coil albums are their best? I get the feeling I'm in the minority on that one. I do love those first three albums still but on the last three I think they've perfected their song writing craft and have fully become the band they were always meant to be.

Well Delirium is increasingly growing on long term fans, and it's been hailed by many as their best album.

As someone who loves Lacuna Coil so much, I don't mean to insult them, but I didn't think the last two/three albums were within their abilities to write and record.

They lost old fans with Karmacode, but I've found it super exciting to see that every album after that brought in new fans.

Delirium is in my opinion their greatest album.

There, I said it. 

• Like 1

Weezer - Weezer (Green Album)

Wow! This works way better when you’re on vacation. :cool:

• Like 3

Had a long night last night, awake.

So I binged my favourite band for many hours:

Lacuna Coil- Lacuna Coil EP 

Lacuna Coil- In A Reverie 

Lacuna Coil- HalfLife EP 

Lacuna Coil- Unleashed Memories 

I'm always taken aback by how beautiful these albums are. They owe a great debt to The Gathering, but I feel Lacuna Coil always had their own identity. The Paradise Lost influence isn't hard to hear either.

Lacuna Coil- Comalies 

This is the album where I feel Lacuna Coil first truly came into their own stylistically. I have listened to hundreds of albums in this genre, this may still be the best gothic metal release of the 2000s.

Lacuna Coil- Karmacode 

Still my favourite album, I don't necessarily believe it's their best. They tried to take their European sensibilities and entwine them with American hard rock and metal. For me, it's a truly unique sounding album that succeeds on every front. But it was divisive, even if in Europe and the US it was very successful.

Lacuna Coil- Shallow Life 

Lacuna Coil- Dark Adrenaline 

Well, ouch. Shallow Life isn't aging well. Everything about Dark Adrenaline, though, delivers. They are two very similar albums, but Shallow Life is the mistep, sounding more like Kelly Clarkson than Lacuna Coil, but Dark Adrenaline is a brilliant, anthemic pop metal album with a touch of that old gothic darkness.

Lacuna Coil- Broken Crown Halo 

Masterpiece. A near flawless album that actually sounds to my ears like a combination of everything they have ever done before this, on one album, with a forward moving momentum. One Cold Day might be my favourite Lacuna Coil song of all time.

Lacuna Coil- Delirium 

Lacuna Coil- Black Anima 

Building on the brilliance of BCH beautifully, Delirium is ambitious, audacious, and their most creative and experimental album yet. I think at this point, it is their masterpiece. Black Anima may actually be the better album song song for song, but the production let's it down.

All in all, this was a long night, and I loved every second of it!

My all time favourite band, I've absolutely reminded myself of just how special they are to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steevo said:

Do you agree solo is just as good as HR?  Some do.

I prefer the Hanoi Rocks stuff but his solo efforts are consistently high. It just misses the magic connection of the original band for me but it's still great stuff all the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Last Night

Little River Band

Self Titled (8/10)

After Hours (9/10)

Sleeper Catcher (9/10)

Alan Parsons Project-Ammonia Avenue (7/10)

Toto-Fahrenheit (9/10)

Mick

Have we never discussed Little River Band? I love Time Exposure and The Net

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Have we never discussed Little River Band? I love Time Exposure and The Net

little river band is an AOR band that often goes unnoticed by me (and Segue) but i love them as much as Toto.  i think they're on that level for me.

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked