• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Blink-182 - Enema Of The State

Blink-182 - Blink-182

Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

Paramore - Paramore

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene

Green Day - American Idiot

Have heard that The Warning's new album will be out on the 24th?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have heard that The Warning's new album will be out on the 24th?

I think I saw something about that in The Warning thread, but I didn’t look into it extensively. Are there going to be physical copies?

12 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think I saw something about that in The Warning thread, but I didn’t look into it extensively. Are there going to be physical copies?

Not that I can tell so far. They have a link on their social medias and website to "pre save" the album on Spotify and Amazon music I think. I looks like this is the digital way of pre ordering an album. When I clicked on it all it does is take me to Spotify and you click to save it which is pretty much just used as a reminder that the album is out. I'm not sure what the marketing strategy is with these girls when it comes to their albums. I'm confused by it and have some serious concerns about how this will help the band expand their audience if you don't have physical copies available for purchase or pre order. I will wait and see how this strategy and their upcoming tour with Halestorm and Pretty Reckless goes for them before I can say whether I think it's good or not. But I do have issues with it. Perhaps I'm just getting too old and simply don't get what they're doing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Not that I can tell so far. They have a link on their social medias and website to "pre save" the album on Spotify and Amazon music I think. I looks like this is the digital way of pre ordering an album. When I clicked on it all it does is take me to Spotify and you click to save it which is pretty much just used as a reminder that the album is out. I'm not sure what the marketing strategy is with these girls when it comes to their albums. I'm confused by it and have some serious concerns about how this will help the band expand their audience if you don't have physical copies available for purchase or pre order. I will wait and see how this strategy and their upcoming tour with Halestorm and Pretty Reckless goes for them before I can say whether I think it's good or not. But I do have issues with it. Perhaps I'm just getting too old and simply don't get what they're doing.

I get what they're doing, though I'm disappointed by it.  Exceedingly few people my age purchase any music anymore, and I probably know more people than is average who do because it's an interest of mine. Vinyl may have made a resurgence, but it's pennies next to the numbers streaming does year after year. CD are well on their way to slipping under vinyl sales if they haven't already.  Spotify is the normal, not just for casual listening, but for all listening, including your favorites.  It figures that artists as young as the members of The Warning would kinda not see the point of physical media when you can have everything at your fingertips on Spotify for free.  Not to mention getting physical media printed costs money, money they may rather spend booking studio time or paying the costs of touring.  I'll put it a little more kindly than you did though. It's not that you're too old; it's just that they're too young.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I get what they're doing, though I'm disappointed by it.  Exceedingly few people my age purchase any music anymore, and I probably know more people than is average who do because it's an interest of mine. Vinyl may have made a resurgence, but it's pennies next to the numbers streaming does year after year. CD are well on their way to slipping under vinyl sales if they haven't already.  Spotify is the normal, not just for casual listening, but for all listening, including your favorites.  It figures that artists as young as the members of The Warning would kinda not see the point of physical media when you can have everything at your fingertips on Spotify for free.  Not to mention getting physical media printed costs money, money they may rather spend booking studio time or paying the costs of touring.  I'll put it a little more kindly than you did though. It's not that you're too old; it's just that they're too young.

I get all that. Still, they shouldn't deny people who want to buy physical copies the opportunity to do so. How does that help a band if nothing is available in their merch store for months? How many potential fans went to their site, saw they had nothing there and decided to move on and support another band who's merch was easily available? Perhaps this is just too much old school thinking on my part. I'm willing to wait and see how this method works out for them for this new album cycle. It's just a minor concern of mine currently. If it all works out for them then great.

• Like 2

Since Sunday:

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain

No Pressure - No Pressure (Full-Length)

No Pressure - No Pressure (EP)

New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones

Be Well - Hello Sun EP

Be Well - The Weight and The Cost

Super American - Disposable EP

Super American - Tequila Sunrise

Super American - Sup

A few thoughts:

Four Year Strong is one of my top ten favorite bands, and Brain Pain was my favorite album of 2020. Their style is known as easycore, and it combines pop punk and hardcore elements. I just saw them live with New Found Glory.

No Pressure is the side project of the vocalist for The Story So Far (side note, The Story So Far got their name from a New Found Glory song). They just released their debut full-length on Wednesday. It's very reminiscent of early 2000s punk. Why they chose to self-title both the EP and the album is beyond me. 

New Found Glory was a big pop punk band back in the early 2000s. Sticks and Stones has always been my favorite album of theirs, and I just saw them perform it live in full.

Be Well was the other opener at that show. Its members previously played in various hardcore bands. Their style is reminiscent of melodic hardcore. It reminds me of bands like Pennywise, NOFX, and Bad Religion. I'd also reccomend Koyo, who sounds somewhat similar, and is also composed of hardcore veterans 

Lastly, Super American is a relatively new band from Buffalo, New York. Thier newest release, Sup, was one of my favorite albums of last year. I'm seeing them with Taking Back Sunday in Buffalo next month. Their sound is pretty diverse. A good amount of is pop punk, but they also have some slower and/or softer songs. They have two vocalists, who trade off lines effectively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super25Smasher said:

Since Sunday:

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain

No Pressure - No Pressure (Full-Length)

No Pressure - No Pressure (EP)

New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones

Be Well - Hello Sun EP

Be Well - The Weight and The Cost

Super American - Disposable EP

Super American - Tequila Sunrise

Super American - Sup

A few thoughts:

Four Year Strong is one of my top ten favorite bands, and Brain Pain was my favorite album of 2020. Their style is known as easycore, and it combines pop punk and hardcore elements. I just saw them live with New Found Glory.

No Pressure is the side project of the vocalist for The Story So Far (side note, The Story So Far got their name from a New Found Glory song). They just released their debut full-length on Wednesday. It's very reminiscent of early 2000s punk. Why they chose to self-title both the EP and the album is beyond me. 

New Found Glory was a big pop punk band back in the early 2000s. Sticks and Stones has always been my favorite album of theirs, and I just saw them perform it live in full.

Be Well was the other opener at that show. Its members previously played in various hardcore bands. Their style is reminiscent of melodic hardcore. It reminds me of bands like Pennywise, NOFX, and Bad Religion. I'd also reccomend Koyo, who sounds somewhat similar, and is also composed of hardcore veterans 

Lastly, Super American is a relatively new band from Buffalo, New York. Thier newest release, Sup, was one of my favorite albums of last year. I'm seeing them with Taking Back Sunday in Buffalo next month. Their sound is pretty diverse. A good amount of is pop punk, but they also have some slower and/or softer songs. They have two vocalists, who trade off lines effectively.

I'm going to give some of these a listen over this bank holiday weekend. I know nothing about these bands.

I just got the 2 disc Dirty Honey debut album with the first EP included & it kills. I'm seeing them next month as they are supporting Rival Sons on their UK tour. Should be a good gig.

• Like 1

Zero Boys - Vicious Circle

I'd put this toe to toe with their more successful peers anyway.

18 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

I'm going to give some of these a listen over this bank holiday weekend. I know nothing about these bands.

I just got the 2 disc Dirty Honey debut album with the first EP included & it kills. I'm seeing them next month as they are supporting Rival Sons on their UK tour. Should be a good gig.

I love Dirty Honey! I saw them open for The Black Crowes last year. They were really good. Definitely let me know what you think after you listen!

System Of A Down - Mezmerize 

Honestly…. This may be one of those cases where I can see why it’s not their best album, but it still might be my favorite. Only time will tell.

HEYMANLOOKATMEROCKINOUT! Iiiii’mm ooonnn tthhhee RAdiooooooooo

• Like 3

Iced Earth- Burnt Offerings 

Love them. Always.

• Like 1

Paradise Lost- Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us 

I used to say that PL was my absolute favourite metal band, and listening to this, I can remember why. Gosh, it's been awhile, but there music...it takes me on a journey.

• Like 1

After Forever- Prison Of Desire 

Those who think AF were Nightwish clones, this debut will set things straight.

Beautiful album. Floor Jansen is clearly still finding her voice, but my goodness, what a voice it is!

• The topic was locked