Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

Try this for size:

My two favorite stories about that album are a) Gillis had a couple of days to learn everything but Iron Man/Children of the Grave and Paranoid (Ozzy's standard set closers) and b) Ozzy's BS claim that he released it not to stick it up Sabbath's backside but because he didn't want to put out an album called Speak of the Devil so soon after Randy died.  Top 5 live album of all time for me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

My two favorite stories about that album are a) Gillis had a couple of days to learn everything but Iron Man/Children of the Grave and Paranoid (Ozzy's standard set closers) and b) Ozzy's BS claim that he released it not to stick it up Sabbath's backside but because he didn't want to put out an album called Speak of the Devil so soon after Randy died.  Top 5 live album of all time for me.

When it was first released I was initially disappointed with it being all Sabbath songs and no Ozzy tunes. As soon as I heard it though it didn't matter because it just kicks ass from start to finish! Gillis is a beast and plays the songs his way and they make for cool alternative versions of the tunes. Ozzy's voice was great then too and Aldridge is another beast on the kit!

• Like 2

Muse - Absolution

ugh, I swear this gets better every time I come back to it

• Like 2

11 hours ago, treeduck said:

It's death metal at it's finest!

It's actually female fronted symphonic metal

• Haha 2

Ozzy Osbourne- Diary Of A Madman 

Ozzy Osbourne- Bark At The Moon 

Okay, Treeduck, I listened to your advice. And you know what? I underestimated how fun he can be!

Rhapsody Of Fire- Legendary Tales 

*Sigh* I guess I love power metal now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, treeduck said:

Surely Jeddie Lee isn't a ladyman! :zalice:

He won Rupual's Drag Race season 666

• Like 2

11 hours ago, treeduck said:

testament-the-ritual.jpg

megadeth-countdown-to-extinction-5.jpg

black-sabbath-dehumanizer-6.jpg

I love that Testament album. So much better than the Metallica album it's clearly inspired by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I love that Testament album. So much better than the Metallica album it's clearly inspired by.

I prefer Testament altogether to Metallica, but then I prefer most bands to Metallica.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Ozzy Osbourne- Diary Of A Madman 

Ozzy Osbourne- Bark At The Moon 

Okay, Treeduck, I listened to your advice. And you know what? I underestimated how fun he can be!

Rhapsody Of Fire- Legendary Tales 

*Sigh* I guess I love power metal now.

Try this one, on these Speak of the Devil songs, it's Night Ranger's Brad Gillis on guitar:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

It's actually female fronted symphonic metal

Rush first broke ground with that sound two albums before this with the guest vocals they had on Time Stand Still.

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked