Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

17 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

A lot of singers record line by line anymore, but that’s the benefit of digital tech. Back when you had to use tapes I can imagine that getting very expensive very fast.

Lukather and paitch both have bad memories of recording Isolation.  hence why they didn't pull out stuff for years live.  they finally did on the 40 trips tour like 4 or 5 tunes.  and like i said they were awesome.  so i can't stress enough that the material isn't my problem.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

eh  all in the ear of the beholder.  i don't like Tate Either so mixing in him isn't gonna make me like fergie any better......but apparently what da hell do i know......i'm alone here so.........:rofl1:

Mick

IT ALL GOOOOOOOOOD 

Mercury really does my head in

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

ELO-Eldorado (9/10)

Mick

Eldorado...

When will you come to your senses

You've been out riding fences

For so long now

You're a hard one

Yeah, but you've got your reasons

These things that are pleasing you

Can--DON'T BRING ME DOWN DOWN, DOWN D-DOWN DOWN

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

IT ALL GOOOOOOOOOD 

Mercury really does my head in

:scared:

Triumph - Just A Game

Steely Dan - Aja

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Countdown: Time In Outer Space

• Like 4

New Found Glory - Resurrection: Ascension 

New Found Glory - Makes Me Sick

New Found Glory - Forever + Ever x Infinity

In Her Own Words - Unfamiliar 

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

yea Segue's like i love Queen now but i still catch him bad mouthing them often, lol

ingrate, lol

Mick

I enjoy Queen, not in that halo of love with them yet (and Mercury still is far from my favourite vocalist)

• Like 1

Trivium- The Sin And The Sentence 

I'm starting to wonder if this is my favourite modern Trivium album.

• Like 2

Trivium- What The Dead Men Say

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

FM-Thirteen.jpeg?resize=213%2C213&ssl=1

I really like that album cover...I might check this out 😂

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I enjoy Queen, not in that halo of love with them yet (and Mercury still is far from my favourite vocalist)

Freddie is the only thing about Queen that I enjoy. It's always been a lifelong mystery to me as to why I don't like them at all. I like Bohemian Rhapsody and don't mind a few other songs but for the most part I always have a blah reaction to the majority of their stuff. It's strange when a band is so beloved and influential and you're just alone in the corner saying yeah, I don't really hear what's so special outside of the singer.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Freddie is the only thing about Queen that I enjoy. It's always been a lifelong mystery to me as to why I don't like them at all. I like Bohemian Rhapsody and don't mind a few other songs but for the most part I always have a blah reaction to the majority of their stuff. It's strange when a band is so beloved and influential and you're just alone in the corner saying yeah, I don't really hear what's so special outside of the singer.

Honestly for me it's only because of the excessive radioplay growing up. Turned me off him.

This forum has helped me really appreciate Queen in their finest moments, and that is what I'm clinging too. Like Black Sabbath, I'm not sure why I'm not huge on Queen.

You can make the same argument for my tastes and my "meh" mentality towards Shadows Fall.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Since you're a musician, perhaps you can breakdown for me what's so good about everyone else in the band. Because I have honestly never heard it myself. It's a mystery that has gone on for so long with me that I do hope I solve it one day. Because I don't even understand why my reaction to them is usually meh while everyone else's reaction is treating them with godlike reverence.

Blind Guardian- Battalions Of Fear 

I adore this debut album (credit to them, it's not self-titled).

This year, BG and In Flames have really brought me joy. 

Blind Guardian- Somewhere Far Beyond

• The topic was locked