Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

10 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

How is his glam metal era offensive?

ok maybe offensive is strong BUT......i do have an inexplicable some would say unfair aversion to that style of "metal"  (these days i hestitate to even call it metal......it's closer to pop rock)

yea...Dokken Ratt, The Crue, Poison......ugh.  it turns my stomach.  like Segue keeps saying like try this band......i'm like you don't understand it makes me physically kinda ill, lol

i like bon jovi but that early period is my least fav period as well

Mick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you listened to Cinderella? You would probably like them too.

Yes! Very good band. I also like Extreme, Warrant and Poison.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

ok maybe offensive is strong BUT......i do have an inexplicable some would say unfair aversion to that style of "metal"  (these days i hestitate to even call it metal......it's closer to pop rock)

yea...Dokken Ratt, The Crue, Poison......ugh.  it turns my stomach.  like Segue keeps saying like try this band......i'm like you don't understand it makes me physically kinda ill, lol

Mick

Ha! That's the only era of Bon Jovi I like. I do think Cooper did that style better then a lot of others. Motley Crue was a gateway band for me when it came to the metal sound. Once I discovered how many bands did it better I stopped listening to them and never looked back. I guess Bon Jovi was like that for me too. Poison is just a good time party band. If I was out somewhere and one of their songs started playing I wouldn't object at all.

• Like 3

This Wild Life - Pop Shove It (EP)

This Wild Life - Heart Flip EP

This Wild Life - Clouded

This Wild Life - Low Tides

This Wild Life - Petaluma

This Wild Life - Ever Blossom

Alice Cooper-Dada (10/10)

This is like an 80's welcome To my Nightmare.   eerie creepy a bit heartbreaking.

i recommended this to Segue.  this album SCREAMS Segue.

Mick

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

This is the point where I have to bring in the puppy of peace into the thread:

R.cafbbf7b0c81a81c7e4765bb7d02d6b4?rik=F

• Like 5

Kendrick Lamar - D*mn

Pearl Jam - Vs.

Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres

Coldplay - X&Y

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

Pantera started out as a Glam Metal band.  I guess Phil turned the tables once he joined the band.

• Like 1

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Unlimited Love (first time listen)

This... this might be both their funkiest and their best sounding album since Blood Sugar Sex Magic.  Not their best overall since then... but it's a pleasure to listen to and Flea is just killing it top to bottom. Like many RHCP albums it does fizzle out a bit towards the end, but with 17 tracks being pretty on par for the Chilis, there's a reason for that.

• Like 4

Great White- Hooked 

I've always been a fan of this band, I forgot about them but this morning I really fancied a spin of this one. Great bluesy hard rock, killer vocals, tonnes of hooks. They definitely have a Led Zep flavour going on, and I'm cool with that.

Sad they are so forgotten these days.

• Like 2

Dark Tranquillity- Skydancer 

As a huge In Flames fan, you'd think I'd be a lot more familiar with DT than I actually am. I discovered today a curious thing: the two bands swapped frontmen after each band's debut. This is a brilliant debut album, I have to say I think I'm going to enjoy Dark Tranquility as much as In Flames based on Skydancer, which I think is stronger than In Flames debut, The Lunar Strain.

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Great White- Hooked 

I've always been a fan of this band, I forgot about them but this morning I really fancied a spin of this one. Great bluesy hard rock, killer vocals, tonnes of hooks. They definitely have a Led Zep flavour going on, and I'm cool with that.

Sad they are so forgotten these days.

They're not that forgotten.  Unfortunately, they will always be remembered for that tragic nightclub fire 20 years ago that killed one of their band members and a hundred fans. Radio used to play Rock Me and Once Bitten Twice Shy a good amount. I wouldn't doubt that classic rock stations still do since they favor familiarity over variety.

• Like 3

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

They're not that forgotten.  Unfortunately, they will always be remembered for that tragic nightclub fire 20 years ago that killed one of their band members and a hundred fans. Radio used to play Rock Me and Once Bitten Twice Shy a good amount. I wouldn't doubt that classic rock stations still do since they favor familiarity over variety.

In the UK, this band was nothing. I do forget sometimes how different the music scenes have been on both sides of the pond

Dark Tranquillity- Of Chaos And Eternal Night EP 

This is the band's second release, and it's heads and shoulders above the debut album in every way (and I really enjoyed Skydancer).

Yeah, I think this band is a keeper.

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

That tragedy was a case study in two of my architecture classes in college. I think I was the only one who had heard of it before it was introduced. Some amount of blame does lie with the band’s rig, but when you look at the plan of the nightclub, it’s a trap.  Exits weren’t clearly defined, and most people tried to escape the way they came in, a door which they couldn’t get open with everyone flooding into the same tiny hallway.  Most of the band escaped out the door right next to the stage, which most of the audience knew nothing about. And there were also people who thought there must be an exit through the kitchen in the back. There wasn’t. On top of that, I think it was the ceiling panels that initially caught on fire? Whatever it was it was a non-fire-rated material that should not have been present and instead was there waiting to light.

• Like 1

Deftones- Adrenaline 

Oh, okay, I didn't expect this album to slap so hard that I would offer a paddle and beg for more with a smile on my tear streaked face.

Wow.

Wowowowowowowow.

I've clearly not given this band the respect they deserve 

Dark Tranquillity- The Gallery 

Okay so Dark Tranquillity and In Flames were equals in the nineties. These two bands were insanely good in the nineties. Interested to see if I embrace DT post-2000, the way I do In Flames.

Melodic death metal is a sublime genre. Growing up loving metalcore, getting back to the roots of that style by delving into these nineties albums is great fun.

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That tragedy was a case study in two of my architecture classes in college. I think I was the only one who had heard of it before it was introduced. Some amount of blame does lie with the band’s rig, but when you look at the plan of the nightclub, it’s a trap.  Exits weren’t clearly defined, and most people tried to escape the way they came in, a door which they couldn’t get open with everyone flooding into the same tiny hallway.  Most of the band escaped out the door right next to the stage, which most of the audience knew nothing about. And there were also people who thought there must be an exit through the kitchen in the back. There wasn’t. On top of that, I think it was the ceiling panels that initially caught on fire? Whatever it was it was a non-fire-rated material that should not have been present and instead was there waiting to light.

Or, you know, don't be f***ing idiots and set off pyrotechnics in a small club to begin with.

• Like 2

Dark Tranquillity- Projector 

I accidentally skipped the album The Mind's I, but I will play that next. However, I'm not unhappy I played this, it's ASTONISHING. Great album, my favourite so far from this band.

• The topic was locked