Entre_Perpetuo

Since yesterday:

Tiny Moving Parts - This Couch Is Long And Full Of Friendship

Tiny Moving Parts - Pleasant 

Tiny Moving Parts - Celebrate

Tiny Moving Parts - Swell

Tiny Moving Parts - Breathe

Avenged Sevenfold- Avenged Sevenfold 

I get how easy it is to dismiss this band, but for me they are one of the great metal bands of all time.

Jack White - Fear Of The Dawn

Really cementing his position as the Willy Wonka of Rock.

Mastodon- Once More 'Round The Sun 

I think this is the band's best album released between CTS and HaG. Outstanding melodies and the songs don't sacrifice anything for them. 

Underrated.

• Like 2

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene (better than I anticipated, and I thought it would be good)

Maneskin - Teatro D’Ira Vol. 1 (haven’t spun it in a while, still love love love it)

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (which plays nicely into…)

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel (putting this back to back with MCR actually highlights the differences, this band is a bit brighter and more thespian)

Trivium - Shogun (just killer all the way through)

Dio - The Last In Line (and so is this)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene (better than I anticipated, and I thought it would be good)

Maneskin - Teatro D’Ira Vol. 1 (haven’t spun it in a while, still love love love it)

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (which plays nicely into…)

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel (putting this back to back with MCR actually highlights the differences, this band is a bit brighter and more thespian)

Trivium - Shogun (just killer all the way through)

Dio - The Last In Line (and so is this)

Glad you enjoy Trivium! Chances are you will enjoy them a lot. They are rich with melodies and bombast and powerful songwriting.

• Like 2

Maneskin - Teatro D’Ira

Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

Paramore - Riot!

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

Paramore - Paramore

Paramore - After Laughter

First time listen to their self titled, though I already knew a few songs. That one definitely needs more spins to digest, especially with the length, but I’m feeling I could do a ranking!

5. Paramore (like I said, more attention needed, but some things here don’t work that well)

4. All We Know Is Falling (killer start, but with experience would come mastery)

3. Riot! (can’t believe this only falls third, considering it might have my favorite Paramore song ever: Hallelujah)

2. Brand New Eyes (mastery, just pure mastery)

1. After Laughter (this will be hard to top, BNE almost does it too)

• Like 1

Today

Alice Cooper

Flush The Fashion (9/10)

Special Forces (4/10)

Zipper Catches Skin (6/10)

Dada (9/10)

Hey Stoopid (7/10)

That 80's period is just bonkers.  Specials Forces is poop.  but there's a few enjoyable things on Zipper.  i don't  Care what anyone says i love Flush the Fashion.  it's quirky and quick and i just adore it.

Dada is the lost gem of this bunch.  i can play that ne on a loop.

I hate the glam metal period but i like Hey Stoopid.  it's the least offensive and most fun of that bunch

Mick

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Today

Alice Cooper

Flush The Fashion (9/10)

Special Forces (4/10)

Dada (9/10)

Hey Stoopid (7/10)

That 80's period is just bonkers.  Specials Forces is poop.  but there's a few enjoyable things on Zipper.  i don't  Care what anyone says i love Flush the Fashion.  it's quirky and quick and i just adore it.

I hate the glam metal period but i like Hey Stoopid.  it's the least offensive and most fun of that bunch

Mick

How is his glam metal era offensive?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Today

Alice Cooper

Flush The Fashion (9/10)

Special Forces (4/10)

Dada (9/10)

Hey Stoopid (7/10)

Mick

I love those Black Out albums including SF. A real regret of mine back in 1981. I went to see Ozzy, Saga and Black Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour, in the same month and just didn't have the money to see the SF tour. All three other shows were excellent but would really have loved to see him as Apocalypse Alice. What added to my bad luck in seeing Alice was I went to his show in Toronto on the Flush the Fashion tour and he was a no show. A riot ensued, a year later I miss the SF show and then he doesn't tour again until 1986. Before Constrictor came out, it looked like he was done. I was in rock and roll heaven when he came back in '86 and I finally got to see him live. Went to every tour after that up to Along Came a Spider - haven't seen him live in a few years and have to admit most of his records since Dirty Diamonds are pretty boring imo.

Edited by taurus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

How is his glam metal era offensive?

There's still a lot of people who think it's wrong to like glam metal and hair metal, for whatever reason. It's not cool I suppose for certain people who think they're informed about music to admit that they like that type of music, it makes them feel guilty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

There's still a lot of people who think it's wrong to like glam metal and hair metal, for whatever reason. It's not cool I suppose for certain people who think they're informed about music to admit that they like that type of music, it makes them feel guilty.

I used to be one of them, but honestly I think bands like Dokken and Ratt were just heavier bands with similar appeal to the likes of Foreigner, Journey, Styx, Survivor. And many of these bands have a stunning blues style I can't get enough of. White Lion, Kingdom Come, Blue Murder etc

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I used to be one of them, but honestly I think bands like Dokken and Ratt were just heavier bands with similar appeal to the likes of Foreigner, Journey, Styx, Survivor. And many of these bands have a stunning blues style I can't get enough of. White Lion, Kingdom Come, Blue Murder etc

Have you listened to Cinderella? You would probably like them too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

I don't even consider that whole period for him as glam metal. He definitely went that way on Trash but I think the other three albums are more of a standard metal sound that was popular at the time.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked