Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

In Flames- Siren Charms 

This album gets a lot of hate, but it's to my ears an excellent hard rock/melodic metal album that doesn't do a lot differently to many more praised In Flames albums. I think it's superior to the two latest albums that each received more acclaim.

Avenged Sevenfold- City Of Evil 

I genuinely think this album is an absolute masterpiece.

39 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Avenged Sevenfold- City Of Evil 

I genuinely think this album is an absolute masterpiece.

Was never able to get into these guys. Every time I hear something from them I think yeah, that was fine but I don't need to hear it again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

Was never able to get into these guys. Every time I hear something from them I think yeah, that was fine but I don't need to hear it again.

Oh we both have bands like that! For me, I can take or leave TRF faves like Porcupine Tree, Ghost and Van Halen.

But I do definitely enjoy what I hear of them!

For me, A7X made an impact because I was 14 when City Of Evil came out, and considering I was a pop music fan who hated nu-metal, the wave of classic metal inspired bands like A7X, Trivium, the symphonic and gothic scene etc was a game changer for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh we both have bands like that! For me, I can take or leave TRF faves like Porcupine Tree, Ghost and Van Halen.

But I do definitely enjoy what I hear of them!

For me, A7X made an impact because I was 14 when City Of Evil came out, and considering I was a pop music fan who hated nu-metal, the wave of classic metal inspired bands like A7X, Trivium, the symphonic and gothic scene etc was a game changer for me.

I'm loving the new Ghost!

I have seen A7X live a couple times too. Once with Slipknot and another time with Disturbed. Everyone in the crowd was going crazy for them and I'm just sitting there going yeah, that was fine. It's always weird at concerts when people are going crazy for someone and you're just sitting there thinking whatever man, when's this shit over😆

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm loving the new Ghost!

I have seen A7X live a couple times too. Once with Slipknot and another time with Disturbed. Everyone in the crowd was going crazy for them and I'm just sitting there going yeah, that was fine. It's always weird at concerts when people are going crazy for someone and you're just sitting there thinking whatever man, when's this shit over😆

The new Ghost is so good! I like them, I don't love them. I always find I get into the new albums very quickly then get bored.

I didn't peg you as a Disturbed fan! 

In Flames- The Jester Race 

In Flames- Black-Ash Inheritance EP 

As much as I love and enjoy post-2000 In Flames, when I return to this, their second album and first true classic, I forget how much was lost when In Flames completely transformed their sound.

Intense, beautiful, heavy, this is melodic death metal with a Maiden feel and flourishes of enchanting folk influences. In Flames may be one of the bands of my life, but I can't deny that their nineties output is on a whole different level to all that came after.

53 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

The new Ghost is so good! I like them, I don't love them. I always find I get into the new albums very quickly then get bored.

I didn't peg you as a Disturbed fan! 

For all the shit Disturbed does get from people they do have a unique sound, a lot of really catchy songs and David Draiman is fantastic one of a kind singer. That last album was crap though. Because of the new audience their cover of Sound Of Silence got, they went all soft mommy rock and it didn't work for them at all. Like not even a little bit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

For all the shit Disturbed does get from people they do have a unique sound, a lot of really catchy songs and David Draiman is fantastic one of a kind singer. That last album was crap though. Because of the new audience their cover of Sound Of Silence got, they went all soft mommy rock and it didn't work for them at all. Like not even a little bit.

I like them too, they were never a favourite but I enjoyed them growing up. Some very good and even great albums as well.

Leaves' Eyes- Sign Of The Dragonhead 

I didn't think I'd ever warm to the new lineup, but I did. This is nothing new for the genre but it is, in its own way, great fun and a brilliant album.

In Flames- I, The Mask 

This is a bit of a grower. Their latest album is fine, it's just remarkably ordinary. But the hooks are reeling me in.

24 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Green Day-Father of all.......(9/10

Don't care this is fukkin' great.

Mick

I will be adding it to my collection soon.

• Like 2

In Flames- Sounds Of A Playground Fading 

Is it possible I love In Flames as much as Iron Maiden? Well yes, yes it is 

Green Day-Revolution Radio (6/10)

this isn't bad......i'm in no way saying that.  but it's a back slide album.

they'd done this album twice and much better mind you.  this is a band not really having ideas and making an albuum they could pop out in their sleep.  and i think they did do that here, lol

Mick

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Green Day-Revolution Radio (6/10)

this isn't bad......i'm in no way saying that.  but it's a back slide album.

they'd done this album twice and much better mind you.  this is a band not really having ideas and making an albuum they could pop out in their sleep.  and i think they did do that here, lol

Mick

That’s kinda where I fell on it some years after it first came out and the hype wore off, but revisiting the other day I thought it had aged really well. Sure it’s not on AI’s level, but it’s very solid in its own right I think.

• Like 2

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS BAND

• Like 5

• The topic was locked