Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

4 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Lemonade Mouth Soundtrack

You know what, these are good songs. Corny and obviously Disney produced, sure. But if I can like Olivia Rodrigo I can like this. Besides, it rocks a bit harder anyway.

uh.......the movie to this was a guilty pleasure for me, lol

this post blew me back to a good time.....wow.

Mick

• Like 2

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

uh.......the movie to this was a guilty pleasure for me, lol

this post blew me back to a good time.....wow.

Mick

I'm not familiar! Never heard of it

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

disney plus.  i've a feeling you'd love it.

Mick

My little sisters used to watch Disney Channel like 24/7. I was more of a cartoon network kid, so I was always annoyed by the kinda predictable tame comedy of the disney shows and their obsession with crushes and morals and stuff I thought was lame compared to Ed, Edd, N Eddy.  Anyway looking back I actually enjoyed a lot of those shows and a lot of the made for TV movies they did, and none of those movies more so than Lemonade Mouth.  Figures it was based off of a novel because it just has a little more character than a lot of their other movies.  Sure it's still got your predictable high school romance stuff in the background, but that's really not central to the plot. The idea is that this rag tag group of outcast kids can stand up for all the other outcast kids in a primarily big time athletics centric public school just by playing music. Still corny, but more meaningful I think.  And, like I said earlier, the songs are actually good. Even their nemesis band, comprised of a bunch of self-centered jocks, are silly fun. "Hey! What! Don't you wish you were us!?" Pfft. Hilarious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

My little sisters used to watch Disney Channel like 24/7. I was more of a cartoon network kid, so I was always annoyed by the kinda predictable tame comedy of the disney shows and their obsession with crushes and morals and stuff I thought was lame compared to Ed, Edd, N Eddy.  Anyway looking back I actually enjoyed a lot of those shows and a lot of the made for TV movies they did, and none of those movies more so than Lemonade Mouth.  Figures it was based off of a novel because it just has a little more character than a lot of their other movies.  Sure it's still got your predictable high school romance stuff in the background, but that's really not central to the plot. The idea is that this rag tag group of outcast kids can stand up for all the other outcast kids in a primarily big time athletics centric public school just by playing music. Still corny, but more meaningful I think.  And, like I said earlier, the songs are actually good. Even their nemesis band, comprised of a bunch of self-centered jocks, are silly fun. "Hey! What! Don't you wish you were us!?" Pfft. Hilarious.

i DVR'D this back in 2011 cause the trailer caught my eye and shamlessly had it on a loop daily......at 26 years old, lol

i may stream it later.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i DVR'D this back in 2011 cause the trailer caught my eye and shamlessly had it on a loop daily......at 26 years old, lol

i may stream it later.

I love it, lol.

I also remember one nigh in college when I was just chilling in my room, I heard Determinate playing out my window (seemed to be coming from some roman the floor above me). I thought it was just the song at first, but a bit later I heard another Lemonade Mouth song, and I could overhear a bit of chatter from the girls and guys in the room that gave me the indication they were actually just watching the movie, totally unironically.  I think it was at that moment I realized that the movie hadn't just vanished into dust, and people actually continued enjoying it as they got older.

• Like 2

Bruce Hornsby-The Way It Is(10/10)

This is closer to Mr. Mister than Toto.  Mr.Mister put me in the mood for this.  

Hornsby.  very Underrated IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Bruce Hornsby-The Way It Is(10/10)

This is closer to Mr. Mister than Toto.  Mr.Mister put me in the mood for this.  

Hornsby.  very Underrated IMO.

Mick

What about the Range?

• Haha 3

Fall Out Boy - Follie A Deux (you can hear the band tearing itself apart here, just an explosion of ideas and lots of very end of the road kind of lyrics)

Green Day - Revolution Radio (not sure when I last listened to this but unfortunately I get the lyrics a lot better than I used to)

Linkin Park - Meteora (Still miss Chester)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Fall Out Boy - Follie A Deux (you can hear the band tearing itself apart here, just an explosion of ideas and lots of very end of the road kind of lyrics)

Green Day - Revolution Radio (not sure when I last listened to this but unfortunately I get the lyrics a lot better than I used to)

Linkin Park - Meteora (Still miss Chester)

I've been listening to Green Day all day today on random, and I have to say I was startled how well the RR songs stand up. I need to revisit it.

I love Linkin Park, I miss them a lot more than I give over.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I've been listening to Green Day all day today on random, and I have to say I was startled how well the RR songs stand up. I need to revisit it.

I love Linkin Park, I miss them a lot more than I give over.

Honestly me too. There were songs that I used to think were just meh that I was gladly jamming out to. And the highlights were still great.

• Like 1

Paramore - Brand New Eyes (killer)

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (hmm, not as much fun as when I first heard it)

MisterWives - Out Own House (love love love)

• Like 1

Memphis May Fire - This Light I Hold

Memphis May Fire - Broken

Aly and AJ - Into The Rush

2 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Memphis May Fire - This Light I Hold

Memphis May Fire - Broken

Aly and AJ - Into The Rush

I feel kinda bad you’re almost always liking my posts and I have never even heard of half the stuff you listen to, but I feel like I’d probably like a lot of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I feel kinda bad you’re almost always liking my posts and I have never even heard of half the stuff you listen to, but I feel like I’d probably like a lot of it.

You probably would! I listen to a lot of pop punk, post-hardcore, and metalcore. I also really like pop.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked