Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

1 minute ago, treeduck said:

Coincidentally the singer/bass player in Mr Mister Richard Page was offered the job replacing both Bobby Kimball and David Hungate in 1984 but he turned it down because he preferred staying in and making Mr Mister a success. He did backing vocals on Isolation though, on How Does it Feel. He also did backing vocals on 4 songs on Kingdom of Desire and 4 songs on Mindfields. He also did backing vocals on Steve Lukather's Candyman album and his Transition album. 

I think it was a smart choice. This album was a hit at the right time. Its a brilliant album. Always loved the singles, so tried the album and it was all grand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I think it was a smart choice. This album was a hit at the right time. Its a brilliant album. Always loved the singles, so tried the album and it was all grand.

Yeah and the TOTO gig might not have worked out anyway. 

Do you know the album between The Seventh One and Kingdom of Desire? It's a best of album but it has four new 1990 tracks on it and a new singer called Jean-Michael Byron. The new songs are called Love Has the Power, Out of Love, Can You Hear What I'm Saying and Animal. I still have the album on vinyl, it's called Past to Present 1977-1990.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Rush Moving Pictures, 40th Anniversary Edition, CD 2.

I haven't listened to Rush in probably 2 years.  The live set is so much more vibrant than ESL.  

Here's some songs for you:

• Like 1

Weezer - Weezer (The White Album)

Queen - A Day At The Races

I think I've never listened to either of these and enjoyed them less than the last time I did. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zepphead said:

Sonic Temple - Wikipedia

Love (The Cult album) - Wikipedia

Electric (The Cult album) - Wikipedia

Great band.  

Good video of them at The House of Strombo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

Yeah and the TOTO gig might not have worked out anyway. 

Do you know the album between The Seventh One and Kingdom of Desire? It's a best of album but it has four new 1990 tracks on it and a new singer called Jean-Michael Byron. The new songs are called Love Has the Power, Out of Love, Can You Hear What I'm Saying and Animal. I still have the album on vinyl, it's called Past to Present 1977-1990.

Yes I have that one! I actually like all four songs. I've got the DVD from that era...Byron was awkward onstage, but other than that I love that show!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Yes I have that one! I actually like all four songs. I've got the DVD from that era...Byron was awkward onstage, but other than that I love that show!

They were happy with him as lead singer but apparently he was a bit of a dick, let everything go to his head and did some stupid shit so they had to fire him.

1 hour ago, Turbine Freight said:

DGD Mothership.jpeg

Copeland, Cray and Collins - Showdown! album cover.jpeg

Mothership is one of my favorite albums ever

• Like 1

Since Wednesday:

Volumes - Happier?

Memphis May Fire - Memphis May Fire EP

Memphis May Fire - Sleepwalking

Memphis May Fire - Between the Lies EP

Memphis May Fire - The Hollow

Memphis May Fire - Challenger

Memphis May Fire - Unconditional

Stand Atlantic - F.E.A.R.

Silverstein - Misery Made Me

Simple Plan - Harder Than It Looks

Halestorm - Back From The Dead

Three Days Grace - Explosions

13 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

It's a strong album. Should've got more traction than it did imo.

I had no idea you were into them! They're one of my favorite bands! I'm actually seeing them again on Tuesday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I had no idea you were into them! They're one of my favorite bands! I'm actually seeing them again on Tuesday

I'm toying with the idea of seeing them this Sept as they are playing pretty close to where I should be working. Enjoy the gig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

I'm toying with the idea of seeing them this Sept as they are playing pretty close to where I should be working. Enjoy the gig.

Thank you! I'm sure I will! I'd highly recommend seeing them! I saw them for the first time last year, and they're incredible live!

• Like 1

The Black Keys - Brothers

MAN. What happened after this one? El Camino has nothing on this except some pretty great singles. I love Turn Blue but it's certainly not for the easily-bored-by-prog-tendencies of heart. And their comeback album was just like, El Camino but a little better sounding, without the singles. I didn't listen to their blues covers album. I guess they're doing a real new album this year, haven't really heard anything from it yet. Maybe it'll be great?  Brothers was just astounding though. Every song is gold. A relic from a bygone age where all the newer alt/indie bands were just starting to have real chart success out of the blue and they all just rolled with it. Like, Tighten Up doesn't even have a chorus, and it has an ending breakdown like The Spirit Of Radio. How did it become a massive hit? I dunno, but it might be my favorite Black Keys song.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Black Keys - Brothers

MAN. What happened after this one? El Camino has nothing on this except some pretty great singles. I love Turn Blue but it's certainly not for the easily-bored-by-prog-tendencies of heart. And their comeback album was just like, El Camino but a little better sounding, without the singles. I didn't listen to their blues covers album. I guess they're doing a real new album this year, haven't really heard anything from it yet. Maybe it'll be great?  Brothers was just astounding though. Every song is gold. A relic from a bygone age where all the newer alt/indie bands were just starting to have real chart success out of the blue and they all just rolled with it. Like, Tighten Up doesn't even have a chorus, and it has an ending breakdown like The Spirit Of Radio. How did it become a massive hit? I dunno, but it might be my favorite Black Keys song.

Too Afraid to Love You is my fave of theirs.

Taylor Swift- Red (original)

Taylor Swift- Red: Taylor's Version (bonus content only)

I love the original album exactly as it is (though I enjoy some of the newer versions). However, I adore the bonus material on the newest version.

• Like 1

Rush- Rush 

Love, love this debut. 

• Like 4

yesterday

Mr. Mister

I wear the Face(9/10)

Welcome to the Real World (7/10)

Go On (8/10)

Pages

Pages (10/10)

Future Street (9/10)

Richard Page is extremely talented.  thanks to Segue i revisited his stuff.  Wouldn't call his stuff in Mr. Mister true AOR. it's jazzy a little more complex.  Closer to the kind of music Bruce Hornsby and the Range were making than Toto.

honestly i prefer his prior band Pages to Mr. Mister. That's closer to AOR.  it's early Toto meets Steely Dan and Michael Mcdonald.

very Talented guy though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Lemonade Mouth Soundtrack

You know what, these are good songs. Corny and obviously Disney produced, sure. But if I can like Olivia Rodrigo I can like this. Besides, it rocks a bit harder anyway.

• Like 2

Ibaraki- Rashomon 

TRIVIUM FANS this is the debut album from Trivium front man Matt Heafy's new project. It's excellent! Sounds like Trivium with a more muscular, black metal style, some excellent collaborations and much heavier songwriting.

• The topic was locked