Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Queensryche- Queensryche EP 

Four tracks and you know what? It's sublime! QR came out all guns blazing, ready to take on the world. Listening to this is as fulfilling as the best of Maiden/Priest. This is GODLY.

• Like 4

Queensryche- The Warning 

Well, well, well...wow.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Queensryche- The Warning 

Well, well, well...wow.

There's a pro shot live video of Take Hold Of The Flame from Japan recorded during that tour. You should check it out. Tate pulls everything off vocally without a problem.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

There's a pro shot live video of Take Hold Of The Flame from Japan recorded during that tour. You should check it out. Tate pulls everything off vocally without a problem.

Oh okay! They are fast becoming one of my favourite bands (excluding the filler albums). 

I have the early stuff a passing glance a couple of weeks ago, today I'm doing a thorough listen. Exceptional!

In an alternate universe, Queensryche are as huge as Maiden/Priest.

• Like 2

Geoff Tate is a GODLY vocalist. 

• Like 3

Queensryche- Rage For Order 

The growth of this band album to album in the early days, it's almost frightening.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh okay! They are fast becoming one of my favourite bands (excluding the filler albums). 

I have the early stuff a passing glance a couple of weeks ago, today I'm doing a thorough listen. Exceptional!

In an alternate universe, Queensryche are as huge as Maiden/Priest.

Their commercial peak with Empire was bigger than anything Maiden and Priest did. They were bigger than them at that time.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Their commercial peak with Empire was bigger than anything Maiden and Priest did. They were bigger than them at that time.

I saw the album sales for that time. Wow!

• Like 1

George Lynch has a very unique yet defined style, awesome work on this album. 

I really am not a fan of any of his glam metal stuff, so I'm glad he's not limited to it. His solo instrumental music is very enjoyable and also i obviously love KXM

ab67616d0000b273ff988c074cca2205bc564fa0

11 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I saw the album sales for that time. Wow!

Half of Empire (Best I Can, Jet City, Another Rainy Night, the title track, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening?) were all huge hits.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Half of Empire (Best I Can, Jet City, Another Rainy Night, the title track, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening?) were all huge hits.

Well, it is a masterpiece.

I think, personally, I'd rank it third. Behind O:M and RFO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Well, it is a masterpiece.

I think, personally, I'd rank it third. Behind O:M and RFO.

After having that big of an album most bands would try to repeat it with the follow up. But Promised Land is probably their darkest album and the theme deals with the downside of becoming so successful.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

After having that big of an album most bands would try to repeat it with the follow up. But Promised Land is probably their darkest album and the theme deals with the downside of becoming so successful.

I love that album as well. It's just a slight step below the first five releases for me (including the EP)

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, J2112YYZ said:

I've grown to like the new Ghost a lot. How about you?

Yes, very much so.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 10:05 PM, treeduck said:

Where did you get yours from?

I just ended up getting from AMazon - I had a few gift vouchers.

• Like 1

Segue (Michael), if you can, watch not only the live, concert video song of "Take Hold of the Flame" live from Tokyo, Japan.  In 1984, they released a live, concert video called "Live In Tokyo, Japan".  At the time, it was only released on v.h.s.  Not only Geoff Tate, but the rest of the band, and group Chris DeGarmo, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, and Scott Rockenfield, were outstanding.  On "Empire", the hits were "Empire", "Best I Can", "Silent Lucidity", "Jet City Woman", "Another Rainy Night (Without You)", and "Anybody Listening?". 

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Derek19 said:

Segue (Michael), if you can, watch not only the live, concert video song of "Take Hold of the Flame" live from Tokyo, Japan, in 1984, they released a live, concert video called "Live In Tokyo, Japan".  At the time, it was only released on v.h.s.  Not only Geoff Tate, but the rest of the band, and group Chris DeGarmo, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, and Scott Rockenfield, were outstanding.  On "Empire", the hits were "Empire", "Best I Can", "Silent Lucidity", "Jet City Woman", "Another Rainy Night (Without You)", and "Anybody Listening?". 

Oh okay! I will look for that ASAP! 

Is the Operation: Livecrime show good?

• Like 1

Meat Loaf- Bat Out Of Hell II 

Great album.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

Dokken-Breaking the Chains. (5/10)

this was boring.

Now

Alice Cooper-Billion Dollar Babies (9/10)

Mick

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2022 at 8:03 AM, Segue Myles said:

Oh okay! I will look for that ASAP! 

Is the Operation: Livecrime show good?

Segue (Michael), I think the "Operation: Livecrime" concert is awesome.  It was released on v.h.s., d.v.d., and c.d.  It's a part of Queensryche's "Empire Tour".  On that tour, they performed their "Operation: Mindcrime" from start, and beginning to finish, and end.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Just now, Derek19 said:

Segue (Michael), I think the "Operation: Livecrime" concert is awesome.  It's part of Queensryche's "Empire Tour".  On that tour, they performed their "Operation: Mindcrime" from start, and beginning to finish, and end.

Oh I just realised, my edition of the album has the concert on CD as a bonus. Yay!

• Like 1

Blind Guardian- Nightfall In Middle Earth 

Beautiful. Might be my second favourite concept album.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i welcome your hate it makes me stronger. BWHAHAHA.

but no those vocals are awful.

Mick

I've always adored his voice. I thought he sounded like a metal Lou Gramm. But hey ho.

• The topic was locked