Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

22 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

At_the_Drive-In_-_Relationship_of_Comman

One of my favourite albums of the 2000s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

One of my favourite albums of the 2000s. 

i love omar/cedric, and i'm finally listening to more of at the drive in now. i learned "litter dept" on guitar immediately after hearing it just now, what a song. i hear a lot of ideas in it which would eventually be reinterpreted into "deloused" 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

i love omar/cedric, and i'm finally listening to more of at the drive in now. i learned "litter dept" on guitar immediately after hearing it just now, what a song. i hear a lot of ideas in it which would eventually be reinterpreted into "deloused" 

And I love that album too! I haven't listened to The Mars Volta in years

• Like 1

Sabaton- Coat Of Arms 

I know this band is a love/hate thing, but I am a fan 😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

And I love that album too! I haven't listened to The Mars Volta in years

yeah TMV are the best - they don't have a single bad album. my favorite has changed from deloused to "amputechture" recently 

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Sabaton- Coat Of Arms 

I know this band is a love/hate thing, but I am a fan 😂

They're the AC/DC of power metal. Every song sounds just about the same but damnit if that chorus of theirs isn't the catchiest thing ever.

23 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

They're the AC/DC of power metal. Every song sounds just about the same but damnit if that chorus of theirs isn't the catchiest thing ever.

Actually that's a fantastic comparison. I guess now I get why AC/DC fans enjoy everything, that's me with this band.

I've always enjoyed them, I don't play them all the time but when I do it's a blast. Same with Powerwolf.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam- Binaural 

I've always found this album hypnotic and chaotic. A rare case where muddy production really lends something to the atmosphere. 

• Like 2

King Crimson - Islands

My band played a gig today and we wound up playing twice to fill time, and I did a solo set in between that kinda fell apart in the second half, and this album was very therapeutic for me when I finally got home. Especially the title track. This one is widely considered among the weakest of KC’s 70s stuff, if not if their whole discography. But to me, this album has a soul and freedom and solidity that cannot be dismissed.  It’s perhaps the most authentic musical outpouring of emotions from the band, ranging from despair and loneliness to excitement and bliss, calmness, rage, passion, numbness. It’s all here and it’s all unfiltered. There’s beauty and ugliness, often within the same song. Aside from Red, this is the pinnacle of KC’s studio output to me.

Yesterday

Aice Cooper

Goes To Hell(9/10)
ace and Whiskey (9/10)

From the inside (10/10)

from the inside might be my fav.  figures cause it's a slick David Foster basically AOR production.

Also i'm calling my friend out now.  Segue why you farting around.  your missing fun stuff in Alice's 70's stuff.

sigh.......whatever enjoy your blind gaurdian and queensryche, lol

I tell this kid stuff and......

"i'm getting there!!!!

Kids right?

Mick

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Yesterday

Aice Cooper

Goes To Hell(9/10)
ace and Whiskey (9/10)

From the inside (10/10)

from the inside might be my fav.  figures cause it's a slick David Foster basically AOR production.

Also i'm calling my friend out now.  Segue why you farting around.  your missing fun stuff in Alice's 70's stuff.

sigh.......whatever enjoy your blind gaurdian and queensryche, lol

I tell this kid stuff and......

"i'm getting there!!!!

Kids right?

Mick

I always thought Lace and Whiskey sucked. The other two are great. Especially From The Inside. Did you know that Bernie Taupin co-wrote that album with Alice?

Segue will get to it. He just has "quality" stuff to spend his listening time on like Mariah Carey. You can't expect him to tear himself away from such riveting music to explore one of the best and most diverse catalogs of all time in Alice Cooper😆

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I always thought Lace and Whiskey sucked. The other two are great. Especially From The Inside. Did you know that Bernie Taupin co-wrote that album with Alice?

Segue will get to it. He just has "quality" stuff to spend his listening time on like Mariah Carey. You can't expect him to tear himself away from such riveting music to explore one of the best and most diverse catalogs of all time in Alice Cooper😆

i had heard that about Taupin.  probably the most personal album Alice did and i think it works beautifully.

BTW i sae pics of him from that blackout period......jeez we're lucky to still have him.

scary stuff.

Mick

11 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Mariah Carey is amazing lmao 

And I don't think I will like Alice Cooper on the level I do Queensryche or Blind Guardian any time soon 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

And I don't think I will like Alice Cooper on the level I do Queensryche or Blind Guardian any time soon 😂

store this in my memory banks for larter ridicule:icon_really_happy_guy:

Mick

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It's too bad people can't look past Mariah's voice and good looks and see that her songs are pretty terrible. She's talented but not talented enough to turn bad songs into good ones. Adele is the same way with her voice. Great singer but her songs suck.

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

store this in my memory banks for larter ridicule:icon_really_happy_guy:

Mick

It shouldn't be hard for him to like Cooper more than Queensryche since Ryche only had a good five album run at the start before they went to shit. Alice gets a little more hit and miss as time goes on but for the most part I feel he always tries to put out the best album he can with every new release.

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's too bad people can't look past Mariah's voice and good looks and see that her songs are pretty terrible. She's talented but not talented enough to turn bad songs into good ones. Adele is the same way with her voice. Great singer but her songs suck.

I think she is one of the greatest singer songwriter's of all time, and as always don't give a f**k what anyone thinks. Her Butterfly album is a masterpiece, simple as that.

The world is more than just rock and metal. And I have tried some Alice Cooper. Good and great stuff but nothing hooks me.

Note how I'm not insulting anyone's faves here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

How do Adele’s songs suck? I’m not huge on her newest album, which seems to take a turn for style over substance, but there are tons of really strong songs all over the first three. I mean, the hits from 21 alone are a masterclass in songwriting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

It shouldn't be hard for him to like Cooper more than Queensryche since Ryche only had a good five album run at the start before they went to shit. Alice gets a little more hit and miss as time goes on but for the most part I feel he always tries to put out the best album he can with every new release.

i love his 70's period.  keep i'm a newer fan.  so i may and agree with you on ones that aren't as good.  the 80's i'm sorry i find too be mostly......not good.

hey Stoopid is ok......last temptation kinda re-visits that 70's sound and i really enjoy it. 

not too familar with his more modern records i'll get there in time though.

but if i sound overly gushy i'm a new fan....you know me i'll balance out, lol

Mick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

How do Adele’s songs suck? I’m not huge on her newest album, which seems to take a turn for style over substance, but there are tons of really strong songs all over the first three. I mean, the hits from 21 alone are a masterclass in songwriting.

21 is a fukking great record.....and i'll say that too my grave i played it endlessly when it came out.

Mick

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don't know they just do. The stuff I have heard is boring and bland. There's nothing catchy. Isn't that what pop is supposed to be? Except for Set Fire To The Rain everything else I have heard is just blah.

Edited by J2112YYZ

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't know they just do. The stuff I have heard is boring and bland. There's nothing catchy. Isn't that what pop is supposed to be? Except for Set Fire To The Rain everything else I have heard is just blah.

Rumor Has It isn’t catchy? Easy On Me isn’t catchy? You sure about that?

• The topic was locked