Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Alter Bridge (6/10)

pluses

i enjoy

Show me A Leader

The other Side (it's now used as a wrestler's theme i have to like it, lol)

Poison in Your Veins

Losing Patience

the title song

That's it.  the rest  is a big mush in my brain even 4 mins after finishing the album.

Mick

• Like 1

Iced Earth- Incorruptible 

Shame this is the last we will likely ever hear from the band. Say what you like about the band's downfall, it certainly had nothing to do with their music.

Edited by Segue Myles

14 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Alter Bridge-Walk the Sky (8/10)

Mick

What is your verdict on Marching In Time? I actually can't believe how little I've played it. Played it this week and it's brilliant!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

What is your verdict on Marching In Time? I actually can't believe how little I've played it. Played it this week and it's brilliant!

Marching in time is fantastic.  it's like a sister album to A Dying Machine.

I love everything that band does though, lol

Mick

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Marching in time is fantastic.  it's like a sister album to A Dying Machine.

I love everything that band does though, lol

Mick

Sounds like me when someone asks "do you like Rupauls Dra..."

Me: YESYESYESYESYESYES

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

In Flames- Incorruptible 

Shame this is the last we will likely ever hear from the band. Say what you like about the band's downfall, it certainly had nothing to do with their music.

Is In Flames a perennial warm up band in Europe like they are over here? For example they are currently on tour with Megadeth, Lamb Of God and Trivium over here and they are billed last as they are more often than not. They seem to get on good tours but are always billed at or towards the bottom. I'm not a fan but I have read about the shift in the bands sound over the years. If this change didn't lead to them being anymore successful then why don't they go back to the older sound fans seem to like so much and possibly raise their status again? Because I do remember a time when the metal world seemed to really like them a lot.

Just wondering.

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Is In Flames a perennial warm up band in Europe like they are over here? For example they are currently on tour with Megadeth, Lamb Of God and Trivium over here and they are billed last as they are more often than not. They seem to get on good tours but are always billed at or towards the bottom. I'm not a fan but I have read about the shift in the bands sound over the years. If this change didn't lead to them being anymore successful then why don't they go back to the older sound fans seem to like so much and possibly raise their status again? Because I do remember a time when the metal world seemed to really like them a lot.

Just wondering.

Lmao, I meant Iced Earth!

As for In Flames, a premier band over here. They also inspired the metalcore boom in the US in the 2000s. Lamb Of God, Trivium, KsE, all these bands I remember cited In Flames as a huge inspiration, that's how I got into them.

Wouldn't surprise me if in the US they are a big support band.

They also have one of the wildest and most jarring discographies ever.

• Like 1

Led Zeppelin- III 

Green Day- Warning

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Ever hear a hard rock album that was so good that you had to keep backing away from it??

Honestly? Deep Purple, the band. Every time I get back to them I'm like "oh boy, this is gonna be expensive". I keep getting into bands with a wealth of great material!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Lmao, I meant Iced Earth!

As for In Flames, a premier band over here. They also inspired the metalcore boom in the US in the 2000s. Lamb Of God, Trivium, KsE, all these bands I remember cited In Flames as a huge inspiration, that's how I got into them.

Wouldn't surprise me if in the US they are a big support band.

They also have one of the wildest and most jarring discographies ever.

Yeah, I figured you meant Iced Earth after I typed everything out. It's always interesting to hear about the differences with the European and American audience when it comes to a lot of these metal bands. I know they were a big influence on metal core. I just never really had anything spike my interest in listening to them. I heard the album with Cloud Connected on it back when it was new and it didn't leave an impression at all and I never went any further.

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Yeah, I figured you meant Iced Earth after I typed everything out. It's always interesting to hear about the differences with the European and American audience when it comes to a lot of these metal bands. I know they were a big influence on metal core. I just never really had anything spike my interest in listening to them. I heard the album with Cloud Connected on it back when it was new and it didn't leave an impression at all and I never went any further.

Cloud Connected is from their highly experimental era.

To you, I would highly recommend:

The Jester Race 

Whoracle 

Colony 

Clayman

I've been a fan since 2006, and I'm not lying when I say the albums from 2000 onwards saw a change in direction, over and over again, that was jarring.

Cloud Connected is a song I love, but that's not the sound that inspired Lamb Of God 😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Honestly? Deep Purple, the band. Every time I get back to them I'm like "oh boy, this is gonna be expensive". I keep getting into bands with a wealth of great material!

Yeah I've been there a lot. I keep threatening myself that I'm going to try Nazareth, they've got about 22 albums but I keep backing away from the investment! :laugh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Yeah I've been there a lot. I keep threatening myself that I'm going to try Nazareth, they've got about 22 albums but I keep backing away from the investment! :laugh:

Deep Purple 

Nazareth 

Budgie 

Saxon 

Magnum 

Black Sabbath 

Gosh I want to dive in deep because I love so much I've heard but FUUUUUUUUCK that is a lot of music, and I am a collector 😂

• Like 1

Blue Öyster Cult- Mirrors 

Alter Bridge- Walk The Sky

• Like 2

Night Ranger- Dawn Patrol 

One of my top ten debut albums ever!

• Like 4

Tom Petty- Full Moon Fever 

I would call this album a classic if all it has in its favour was Free Fallin', and the rest was utter shite.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Alter Bridge-Walk The sky9/10)

does this deserve a 9 maybe not but in my world.....yes!!!!!

Mick

I enjoyed it so much today! Like we discussed, I think my mum's passing late 2019 has tarnished my love for the releases that year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick N. Backer said:

The Police - Outlandos d'Amour

The Police - Regatta de Blanc

The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta

Amazing band I literally found my albums yesterday!

• Like 4

I remember seeing David on this tour in NYC.   People booed him because they were expecting Ziggy on stage. 

Silly casual fans.

52036841240_e9c1c98de7_z.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 8

• The topic was locked