Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Queensryche- Condition Human 

Queensryche- The Verdict 

Noticed a lot of fans really praised these two post-Tate albums, and honestly? They are brilliant! 

I sampled all their post-Promised Land albums. Some records just weren't inspiring at all, couldn't finish them, but these last two? Excellent!

• Like 1

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

I am honestly obsessed with this album. The songs, the solos, the vocals, but also the concept, storytelling, characters, the mood of it all. It's by far the most engaging concept album I have ever heard, and their is a depth to all aspects of this record that make me convinced that this is a major work of musical genius.

O:M has left me floored, it has come out of nowhere this week and completely captured my attention, as well as my imagination.

When people ask me in the future what my idea of a metal masterpiece should sound like, I will hand them this.

This is fast becoming one of my all time favourite albums, I'm just stunned by every aspect of it! 

• Like 4

Queensryche- Promised Land 

This album is exceptional. I think it has a really similar vibe to Awake era-DT. More experimental, more playful.

Queensryche might be the best prog metal band of all time, when it comes to their classic period.

• Like 2

J, and Segue (Michael), the lead singer of Queensryche's name is, and has been "Todd La Torre".  I think Queensryche's c.ds, and albums "Hear In the Now Frontier" to "Dedicated to Chaos" are pretty, and or very good, too.  They haven't been their "EP" to "Promised Land", though.  I've liked, and been a Queensryche fan, and when "Geoff Tate", was the lead singer, I liked him, too.  I have their "EP" to "Dedicated to Chaos" on c.d. 

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

REM - Green

Better than I remember, still not really their best. Have to admit though, the pop songs are actually really good. 

• Like 4

Segue I know you love TFTO but what's your take on side 3 specifically? I just listened to it over lunch and I find it a little frustrating on its own. On one hand, there's a lot of cool stuff going on during the jam. On the other, the jam seems to take over the whole song and doesn't leave much room for a melody till the slow pretty section at the end. On the other other hand, said slow pretty section might be the most beautiful passage on the whole album.

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Segue I know you love TFTO but what's your take on side 3 specifically? I just listened to it over lunch and I find it a little frustrating on its own. On one hand, there's a lot of cool stuff going on during the jam. On the other, the jam seems to take over the whole song and doesn't leave much room for a melody till the slow pretty section at the end. On the other other hand, said slow pretty section might be the most beautiful passage on the whole album.

You talking about Tales From Topographic Oceans?

Side three is my least favourite of the four. But it's for so much goodness on it!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

You talking about Tales From Topographic Oceans?

Side three is my least favourite of the four. But it's for so much goodness on it!!!

Yes! lol I need to revisit the other four but I think I share your opinion. Great album, wonder place to get lost... side 3 is a little less wonderful

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yes! lol I need to revisit the other four but I think I share your opinion. Great album, wonder place to get lost... side 3 is a little less wonderful

I know it's cliche, but Revealing is my favourite of that album, and it's by far my favourite Yes song.

Beautiful album!

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/msO8DS2965w

Grey- Contrast 

This 2016 hidden gem is a lost classic. One of my personal favourite metal albums of the last decade. Try the song I linked!

Edited by Segue Myles

Taylor Swift- Lover 

I forgot how much I enjoy this album. Very underrated outside her fanbase, but the lead singles were ... Choices

• Like 1

Dire Straits-Brothers in Arms (710)

I've always struggled with this album.  no surprise it was the hit, lol

this album feels more like the beginning map of a Knopler solo album.....and while not awful.  he'd already begun to scale back his scorching soloing in favor of texture playing.   the celtic sounds are popping up here.  he was already getting bored of DS and it's suer obvious.  as a knopler solo album.  it's a good debut. 

As a DS album it's super disappointing.

Mick

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

JethroTullAqualungalbumcover.jpg

i think i'm going to enjoy their works from beyond this album the most. can't really explain why. 

i plan on going through Rainbow's discog next.

Tull's work in the 70's is near flawless IMO

Mick

• Like 2

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (enjoying this more and more with repeated listens)

Yes - Fragile (needed something a little more spontaneous though)

Pendragon - The World (and…. right back to the longer drawn out kind of prog, lol)

• Like 4

• The topic was locked