Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

44 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

I'm the same way with Lightning Bolt.  That was the first time I was truly let down by a Pearl Jam album.

That one came out when I was in high school, and I listened to a it a good few times because it was part of the "listen to this album for free the week before it comes out" promotion iTunes ran for about a year before actual streaming services really went mainstream.  I like it, and I've been thinking of getting it for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Queensryche- Promised Land 

Magnificent album!

This is unfortunately where the great run ends for them. Their debut EP through Promised Land is a mighty fine run though. Definitely check out the EP, Warning and Rage For Order.

• Like 3

ELP - Brain Salad Surgery

Jethro Tull - A Passion Play

Yeah, my brain is in a very "we may have gone too far but screw it let's toss in the kitchen sink as well" prog place tonight, lol.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

This is unfortunately where the great run ends for them. Their debut EP through Promised Land is a mighty fine run though. Definitely check out the EP, Warning and Rage For Order.

I played Warning. The vocals on that album may take me a bit to get used too, but I enjoyed it!

Glad I took a chance of the album sale yesterday. Not sure what possessed me to choose two Queensryche albums over everything else in the sale, but I'm sure glad I did!

11 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I just ordered Promised Land. I sampled some other albums, you're definitely not exaggerating. Think I am happy to explore Promised Land and all that came before and leave it at that.

However I came across some reviews of their last album, saying it's great. Will try that later.

28 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I just ordered Promised Land. I sampled some other albums, you're definitely not exaggerating. Think I am happy to explore Promised Land and all that came before and leave it at that.

However I came across some reviews of their last album, saying it's great. Will try that later.

Well, Geoff Tate left the band a long time ago. They've had a different singer for about a decade now. He's pretty good and does the older material justice live. But I doubt the new album is great because that is something the band cannot achieve without Chris DeGarmo. Him leaving the band after Hear In The Now Frontier is what caused the decline in quality. He was the heart and soul of the band. Imagine Steve Harris leaving Maiden or James Hetfield leaving Metallica and the bands continued without them. That's kind of what happened when DeGarmo left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Well, Geoff Tate left the band a long time ago. They've had a different singer for about a decade now. He's pretty good and does the older material justice live. But I doubt the new album is great because that is something the band cannot achieve without Chris DeGarmo. Him leaving the band after Hear In The Now Frontier is what caused the decline in quality. He was the heart and soul of the band. Imagine Steve Harris leaving Maiden or James Hetfield leaving Metallica and the bands continued without them. That's kind of what happened when DeGarmo left.

Just played it, it was good. Liked the new album, but I'm thinking it blew fans away because the music in the interim wasn't good at all. Definitely not a patch on the classic albums I'm currently falling in love with.

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

Queensryche- Empire 

Queensryche- Promised Land 

Savatage- Streets 

Dream Theater- Awake 

Gosh, this is a good day!

• Like 4

all yesterday.

Queensryche

Operation Mindcrime

Empire

Promised land

then Deep Purple

In Rock

I tried Queensryche cause of Segue.  i wasn't gonna mention Mindcrime on here cause i'd get stunned responses.  Then i remembered i'm me and i don't care, lol

I hate this album........really REALLY REALLY hate it to the pint where i have a violent reaction.  have since the 90's.  Geoff Tate's Voice gets on my tits.

"Yea but Mick the concept oh the concept!!!!!!"

and i say i hear that all the time and it doesn't impress me either.    honesty concept albums in general don't impress cause i'm not paying attention, lol

i  know this is a long rant for an album i hated and always hated but hey they made e feel something.

the other two were better and tate's not singing like he's at  a prostate exam as much but i don't feel the need to dive deeper.  

.....................Deep purple was good!!!!!!

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Trivium- In The Court Of The Dragon

I haven't played this one much. Great album, I'm finally ready to give it the attention it deserves.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Deep Purple-in Rock (10/10)

I will admit the first wave of 70's  hard rock/classic rock/Metal bands (who, Stones, Zeppelin)   ain't

my fav.  but deep purple and Uriah Heep hit different. they are exceptions 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 5

Foo Fighters- Wasting Light 

Okay ... Maybe this IS their best album after all

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Deep Purple-Fireball (9/10)

man i ignored this band too long as well.  Fantastic fun....inventive (at the time) music.

Mick

So pleased!

• Like 2

Mastodon- Cold Dark Place EP 

I love this more than Emperor Of Sand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Deep Purple-Machine Head (10/10)

Mick

Masterpiece

3 minutes ago, treeduck said:

blue-murder.jpg