Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

They're heavy metal to the core!

I FINALLY bought that Columbia albums box set I've been eyeing for years. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance 

I absolutely love this album, and c.d.  My edition has the bonus song Prisoner of Your Eyes.  How was that a bonus song ?  I think it came from a different album's recording sessions.  The bonus songs across all their releases are really random, lol, but I adore that song to death!  One of my favourite Judas Priest songs.  As for Screaming For Vengeance, it's a masterpiece.  At the moment, it's my favourite Judas Priest album, and c.d., but like I said the other day, I have a new standout Judas Priest album, and c.d. every time I return to them.

This isn't a c.d., and album I've listened to, but something I thought of saying.  Segue (Michael), the Judas Priest song "Prisoner of Your Eyes" is, and was recorded during the 1985 Turbo sessions.  I still haven't had a favorite, or favourite Judas Priest c.d., and album.  It's been the same as trying to name a favorite, or favourite Iron Maiden one :smile:.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derek19 said:

This isn't a c.d., and album I've listened to, but something I thought of saying.  Segue (Michael), the Judas Priest song "Prisoner of Your Eyes" is, and was recorded during the 1985 Turbo sessions.

Yes I know that, which is why I pointed out it was odd it's on this disc. A lot of the rereleased albums have random bonus tracks from other album cycles. It's really bizarre 😂

Prisoner is the only song I love from the Turbo/Ram It Down sessions

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

The issue with bonus tracks is that they are often not included because there's no place to put it on the album without ruining the flow and impact of the rest of the songs. I have never heard that song before but where could they have placed it on the album without possibly killing the vibe of the album?

to be honest i'm with you.  i don't play bonus tracks if added onto an album.  i stop where it originally ended if you wanted me to hear that track then it should have been been on the album, lol when ripping albums to my computer for instance i leave off bonus tracks.

maybe i'm old school but not a fan of tacking on leftovers....even if some are good.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

to be honest i'm with you.  i don't play bonus tracks if added onto an album.  i stop where it originally ended if you wanted me to hear that track then it should have been been on the album, lol when ripping albums to my computer for instance i leave off bonus tracks.

maybe i'm old school but not a fan of tacking on leftovers....even if some are good.

Mick

I think it depends on the context.  For example, it's obvious to me why Me and My Wine was left off High N Dry, and why You Looking at Me Looking at You was left off Blizzard of Ozz.  OTOH, the deluxe editions of Exile on Main Street, and Some Girls and, frankly the original Tattoo You, have "leftovers," that would have been on 99.9% of all other bands' greatest hits.  Pre-CDs, space limitations played a huge role in track listing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I think it depends on the context.  For example, it's obvious to me why Me and My Wine was left off High N Dry, and why You Looking at Me Looking at You was left off Blizzard of Ozz.  OTOH, the deluxe editions of Exile on Main Street, and Some Girls and, frankly the original Tattoo You, have "leftovers," that would have been on 99.9% of all other bands' greatest hits.  Pre-CDs, space limitations played a huge role in track listing.

actually i don't mind if bonus songs are on their own CD as a collection.  i just hate them tacked on to albums.

odds are they won't get heard by me that way.

Mick

• Like 2

• The topic was locked