Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Back Sabbath-Technical Ecstasy(7/10)

Well.......not the worst buti can hear a band running out of Steam here.  i liked you Won't Change me (cool early power ballad) Gypsy has a great hook and some cool Iommi solo-ing. All moving Parts has a nice funk feel too it.  Dirty Woman.

then there's the not so good.  Backstreet Kids.  limp opener IMO.  It's Alright.  you know i heard Axl Rose do a shitty cover of this.  when it came on im like this was Sabbath???? the original's not much better.  very annoying hook.  Rock n Roll Doctor.....very cringe. She's gone.....Melodramatic ballad.......actually Meat Loaf would crush this song.  as it is.  Qzzy can't hack it here.

Very Mixed bag album.

Mick

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Black Sabbath-Vol 4  (8/10)

After really Getting to know the Ozzy era (i'm realy taking my time here)  i actualy say this is a slight step down after the triple dose of the outstanding first 3.

I mean you Do have classics here. Wheels of Confusion, Tomorrows Dream, Supernaught, Snowbind, Under the Sun

But than you have Changes (blech even for me, lol)  Cornnucopia (ok i guess) St. Vitus Dance (Kinda Throwaway and FX (album space wasted on High noodling)

so.....my 2 cents.  it's just a cut below albums they did and would do.  Ironically it sounds their heaviest though, lol

Mick

Yep totally agree

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Back Sabbath-Technical Ecstasy(7/10)

Well.......not the worst buti can hear a band running out of Steam here.  i liked you Won't Change me (cool early power ballad) Gypsy has a great hook and some cool Iommi solo-ing. All moving Parts has a nice funk feel too it.  Dirty Woman.

then there's the not so good.  Backstreet Kids.  limp opener IMO.  It's Alright.  you know i heard Axl Rose do a shitty cover of this.  when it came on im like this was Sabbath???? the original's not much better.  very annoying hook.  Rock n Roll Doctor.....very cringe. She's gone.....Melodramatic ballad.......actually Meat Loaf would crush this song.  as it is.  Qzzy can't hack it here.

Very Mixed bag album.

Mick

I'd place Never Say Die! above this.  I have a more favorable opinion of It's Alright as showing some range, and I think the "rockers" are actually pretty mediocre on this one.  The drugs and band tensions definitely are starting to show through at this point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Pat Benatar-Get Nervous (9/10)

A break from Sabbath a bit for hooky pop/rock

Mick

I'm bingeing BÖC again, which makes me think Black Sabbath will be easier to digest. I hear some crossover elements, loving that actually.

Anyway PAT BENATAR!

I couldn't believe how strong her discography was, having written her off as a cheesy singles artist for nearly all my life 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm bingeing BÖC again, which makes me think Black Sabbath will be easier to digest. I hear some crossover elements, loving that actually.

Anyway PAT BENATAR!

I couldn't believe how strong her discography was, having written her off as a cheesy singles artist for nearly all my life 

it took me a while to appreciate Pat.  came to her super late and in that time i heard tons of pop/rock.

so she just didn't strike me as anyone doing anything special BUT a lot of the pop/rock i heard was after her so in listening it wasn't terrbly unique.

I appreciate her more and more though.

Mick

• Like 1

Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance 

I absolutely love this album. My edition has the bonus track Prisoner Of Your Eyes, how was that a bonus track? I think it came from a different albums recording sessions (the bonus tracks across all their releases are really random lol), but I adore that song to death! One of my favourite JP songs.

As for SFV, it's a masterpiece. At the moment it's my favourite JP album, but like I said the other day, I have a new standout JP album every time I return to them.

• Like 4

Montrose- Montrose 

Is this their debut? I've been playing it on and off for weeks now. Amazing album!

• Like 2

Chris Rea- Auberge 

Nice music to chill too late at night.

Judas Priest- Killing Machine

Eugh why do I love this band so much? When I'm in the mood for Priest, they hit hard like no one else!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance 

I absolutely love this album. My edition has the bonus track Prisoner Of Your Eyes, how was that a bonus track? I think it came from a different albums recording sessions (the bonus tracks across all their releases are really random lol), but I adore that song to death! One of my favourite JP songs.

As for SFV, it's a masterpiece. At the moment it's my favourite JP album, but like I said the other day, I have a new standout JP album every time I return to them.

The issue with bonus tracks is that they are often not included because there's no place to put it on the album without ruining the flow and impact of the rest of the songs. I have never heard that song before but where could they have placed it on the album without possibly killing the vibe of the album?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

The issue with bonus tracks is that they are often not included because there's no place to put it on the album without ruining the flow and impact of the rest of the songs. I have never heard that song before but where could they have placed it on the album without possibly killing the vibe of the album?

I don't disagree. I like it when bonus material is included on a separate disc. Rarely do bonus tracks add anything too the album. I used to not mind, but these days I switch off when the last song is done.

I hate studio albums to have live tracks tacked on.

Now I love the song Prisoner Of Your Eyes, but it's a weird inclusion on this album. So glad to have this song, but it is a weird choice on this disc. I would have preferred a b-side/demo album. I have a box set of all the albums up to Touch Of Evil (live), I could see fans loving all the albums bonus material collected on one compilation

Blue Öyster Cult- Secret Treaties 

Perfect album, in my opinion. BÖC are so strange, such a hard band to pin down. I love them.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked