Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Judas Priest- Painkiller 

Relentlessly heavy f***ing metal!!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

Judas Priest- Painkiller 

Relentlessly heavy f***ing metal!!!!

If someone had never heard any metal music before and asked me "what does metal sound like?" I would tell them to listen to this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Over the last few days:

Nirvana - Bleach

Nirvana - Nevermind

Nirvana - In Utero

Van Halen - s/t

Van Halen - II

I love all three Nirvana albums. I know they aren't huge on this forum, but I think they are special.

• Like 2

Black sabbath-Paranoid (9/10)

why a 9?  Not a huge Fan of Planet Caravan.  Everything else great.  ESPECIALLY Hand of Doom.  what a track!!!!

I could listen to geezer Butler on bass al day.

Mick

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Black sabbath-Paranoid (9/10)

why a 9?  Not a huge Fan of Planet Caravan.  Everything else great.  ESPECIALLY Hand of Doom.  what a track!!!!

I could listen to geezer Butler on bass al day.

Mick

This is one of those albums where giving it a 9 doesn't need an explanation. Most fans would not argue that rating. Planet Caravan is definitely a strange one. If there's a song to skip on the album it's certainly that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I always liked this album as a kid. Used to play it a lot with my dad on long car drives. Though he's still around, it still resonates quite strongly with me. 

It's way better than Love You Live and a bit better than Still Life, underrated I'd say.

Since my last post here:

While She Sleeps - SO WHAT?

While She Sleeps - Sleeps Society

Prince Daddy and the Hyena - Prince Daddy And The Hyena

Gideon - Costs

Gideon - Milestones

Gideon - Calloused 

Gideon - Cold

Gideon - Out Of Control

Wage War - Blueprints 

Wage War - Deadweight 

Wage War - Pressure 

Wage War - Manic

Edited by Super25Smasher

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

If someone had never heard any metal music before and asked me "what does metal sound like?" I would tell them to listen to this.

I think I've thought about this question a couple time before and I have the same answer. From a band that has been relevant in every decade of metal music thus far, the album they released that proved they could keep up with metal's evolution while retaining their own sound. Thrashy, technical, face melting, but you can still hear the old JP in there, just kicking things up a gear or two is all. Is it my favorite Priest record? No, but it probably would be if I had heard it first! lol

• Like 1

White Reaper - You Deserve Love (the aforementioned "happier music" lol)

Queen - The Game (... did I just... did I just enjoy Coming Soon more than I ever have before? ... am I starting to get it????)

Panic! At The Disco - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die (screw the haters, this "band"--man, more often than not--has never made a bad album, I love all 6)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

This is one of those albums where giving it a 9 doesn't need an explanation. Most fans would not argue that rating. Planet Caravan is definitely a strange one. If there's a song to skip on the album it's certainly that.

I like Planet Caravan, and at any rate it’s not like they don’t usually have one slower prettier song/instrumental on each album. Changes, Fluff, Orchid, etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I like Planet Caravan, and at any rate it’s not like they don’t usually have one slower prettier song/instrumental on each album. Changes, Fluff, Orchid, etc.

I do too.  In fact, one of the things I love about the Ozzy era is that they have songs like Solitude, It's Alright, Planet Caravan, etc.  PC in particular is of its time, it's basically a song to get stoned to.  People unfamiliar with their catalog might be surprised to learn that not every song is Symptom of the Universe.

• Like 2

Black Sabbath-Vol 4  (8/10)

After really Getting to know the Ozzy era (i'm realy taking my time here)  i actualy say this is a slight step down after the triple dose of the outstanding first 3.

I mean you Do have classics here. Wheels of Confusion, Tomorrows Dream, Supernaught, Snowbind, Under the Sun

But than you have Changes (blech even for me, lol)  Cornnucopia (ok i guess) St. Vitus Dance (Kinda Throwaway and FX (album space wasted on High noodling)

so.....my 2 cents.  it's just a cut below albums they did and would do.  Ironically it sounds their heaviest though, lol

Mick

• Like 4

Blue Öyster Cult- Agents Of Fortune 

Sometimes I forget how great this band are. Today, I finally purchased the box set I've been eyeing up for a couple of years now. 

• Like 2

Black Sabbath-Sabotage (9/10)

Honestly Sabbath Bloddy Sabbath and this may be my favs from this era (i've yet to hear the last 2 Ozzy ones.  i hear less than flattering things)

But this album is fantasic.  Hole in the Sky, Symptom of the Universe, the KILLER killer killer Meglomania (Very Alice Cooper like.)  The Writ.  all amazing music.

Funnily enough i hear what 70's Rush borrowed from.  this and SBS are very rush like.  Ozzy sounding very Geddy like in this period or i should say Vice Versa.

Mick

• Like 4

Electric Light Orchestra- A New World Record 

Excellent album, by a band I don't give enough credit.

• Like 2

Blue Öyster Cult- Fire Of Unknown Origin

Love this album.

• Like 1

Alkaline Trio- Crimson 

One of the best rock albums of the 2000s, I hadn't played this in years and wasn't sure it would still hold up.

It does, with flying colours!

• Like 1

• The topic was locked