Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Foo Fighters- In Your Honor (Disc One) (8/10)

I feel this first half is pretty strong. Loads of attention is given to the big hit Best Of You, but for my money, the best song on this disc is the explosive and addictive DOA.

Excellent stuff.

Foo Fighters- One By One (6/10)

Killer moments, filler moments. Not a bad album, not a great album. Times Like These is in contention for being my favourite FF song.

Foo Fighters- Wasting Light (10/10)

Foo Fighters- Sonic Highways (10/10)

The band's best albums in my opinion, gosh I love them both and they get better and better with replays! I have particular fond memories of Wasting Light, as I saw them on tour for that album cycle and it might be the best gig I've ever been too.

Sonic Highways might be my favourite FF albums, period.

Except for the fact that I prefer WL to SH, I think I agree with all of this!

RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel

Panic! At The Disco - Pray For The Wicked

Paramore - After Laughter

CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead

• Like 1

CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead

Nice picks! Are you enjoying Save Face?
  • Like 1

Jack White - Fear Of The Dawn

I did not think he could top Boarding House Reach... but he may have done it right here. It's like he took all of his wild and roaming experiments from that record, leashed them all together, and started walking them every morning as a group until they learned to become a family. This album is so much more streamlined than anything else in his solo catalogue. Not to say it doesn't give its ideas enough space, or that all the songs sound the same (quite the contrary actually), but for once you can hear the shared DNA between everything as clear as day. Speaking of clarity, compared to my brand new copy of Moving Pictures from the 40th anniversary box, Jack's new album has far less surface noise and is basically as pristine as audio gets on vinyl. Hats off to Third Man Records; they know how to do it right. And before you go thinking this album is all experiments and no rock and roll, let me clarify that this thing is heavy and groovy and there's excellent riffage all over. Jack raps, sings, and yells his way through a variety of bangers, rarely letting off the gas pedal until the albums closing track, which is closer to mid-tempo than a ballad but functions more as the latter. And for a final remark after the first listen, let me just say the liner notes and overall packaging are marvelous. Just awesome awesome artwork all over. Jack White usually excels at the visual aesthetics of his music even when the music itself is not his best, and this album is no exception. Highly recommend.

CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead

Second listen there, yes! They really nail the sound from that era but are way more concise than most of the bands they're inspired by. I played this over my lunch break!

• Like 1

CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead

Second listen there, yes! They really nail the sound from that era but are way more concise than most of the bands they're inspired by. I played this over my lunch break!

Awesome! I'm so glad you enjoy them! They're really good live if you ever get the chance to see them. They wear matching jumpsuits
  • Like 1

rush-new-jersey-19761-1-300x296.jpg?x50976

Capitol Theatre Passaic 1976. This is an audio rip from the DVD which was part of the 2112 40th anniversary box.

• Like 2

Due to Mick, I finally decided to finally listen to this one after only hearing good of it for years:

Alice in Chains - Dirt

Obviously I'm already familiar with some of the songs. Good stuff, and now i understand why people tend to be harsh on other grunge/alt metal bands, AIC set the bar high early on

• Like 1

• The topic was locked