Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers.jpeg

I am not a massive Chili Peppers fan but this wasn't bad.

Is that the new album?

yes it is

• Like 3

Lol, I think I traded moods with Mick and maybe Segue today. Had been on a lot of dark moody stuff recently, but this morning:

Alan Parsons Project - Turn Of A Friendly Card

Yes - 90125

Van Halen - Fair Warning

2 of those are actually their respective bands' high water marks. Parsons was apparently an engineer on Let it Be, which is the last thing he did that I find even remotely interesting.

I dig Parsons but I don't absolutely love much from him. Games People Play is a definite exception. Classic classic song. Also he was an engineer on DSOTM soo......

I stand corrected on my timeline. :)

• Like 2

Is that the new album?

yes it is

I was attracted to it after hearing the opening track - Black Summer. I like this song a lot.
  • Like 1

Is that the new album?

yes it is

I'm not a huge fan either. My roommate was, but they were a little too quirky for me in the early to mid 90s. I think Californication is their best album.

This was ok ..... some bits I liked and some other bits not so much. I kind of view the band in general in this way!
  • Like 1

Is that the new album?

yes it is

I'm not a huge fan either. My roommate was, but they were a little too quirky for me in the early to mid 90s. I think Californication is their best album.

Californication has great songs but the brick walled to death production leaves me with no choice but to put Blood Sugar Sex Magic over it. You practically can’t enjoy Californication on headphones, it’s just too much.

• Like 3

Is that the new album?

yes it is

Californication has great songs but the brick walled to death production leaves me with no choice but to put Blood Sugar Sex Magic over it. You practically can’t enjoy Californication on headphones, it’s just too much.

I'm not an audiophile, so I personally don't pick up on this. But I've heard that complaint about the album before. Death Magnetic too.

• Like 2

Is that the new album?

yes it is

I'm not an audiophile, so I personally don't pick up on this. But I've heard that complaint about the album before. Death Magnetic too.

I've heard complaints about both of those. Both albums were produced by Rick Rubin.
  • Like 2

Is that the new album?

I'm sorry I've been a dick. Won't make any excuses but I'm battling minor mental health issues, and I'm always a t**t at these times

• Like 1

Is that the new album?

yes it is

IMO it’s not the kind of thing only audiophiles can pick up on. A lot of albums accused of being too loud really aren’t all that bad, and the average listener will never notice. But try listening to Californication loud on headphones sometime and I bet you’ll hear what I’m talking about. Crash cymbals just distort into a blur of white noise, even quiet guitars just pierce through the mix, every instrument seems to be fighting for room to breathe. It’s especially obvious if you compare it to something really well produced, like Moving Pictures.

• Like 2

Is that the new album?

yes it is

IMO it’s not the kind of thing only audiophiles can pick up on. A lot of albums accused of being too loud really aren’t all that bad, and the average listener will never notice. But try listening to Californication loud on headphones sometime and I bet you’ll hear what I’m talking about. Crash cymbals just distort into a blur of white noise, even quiet guitars just pierce through the mix, every instrument seems to be fighting for room to breathe. It’s especially obvious if you compare it to something really well produced, like Moving Pictures.

I'm not an audiophile but even I can hear how ridiculously loud and brick walled the production is on Death Magnetic. It's one of the reasons I probably like Hardwired better even though Death Magnetic might be the consistently better album. What were they thinking with that production? How could veterans of the music world possibly think that was ok to do?

• Like 3

Is that the new album?

yes it is

I'm not an audiophile but even I can hear how ridiculously loud and brick walled the production is on Death Magnetic. It's one of the reasons I probably like Hardwired better even though Death Magnetic might be the consistently better album. What were they thinking with that production? How could veterans of the music world possibly think that was ok to do?

I still haven't listened to DM actually.

• Like 1

Is that the new album?

I'm sorry I've been a dick. Won't make any excuses but I'm battling minor mental health issues, and I'm always a t**t at these times

You don't owe me an apology, but I appreciate it.

• Like 2

Foo Fighters- In Your Honor (Disc One) (8/10)

I feel this first half is pretty strong. Loads of attention is given to the big hit Best Of You, but for my money, the best song on this disc is the explosive and addictive DOA.

Excellent stuff.

Foo Fighters- One By One (6/10)

Killer moments, filler moments. Not a bad album, not a great album. Times Like These is in contention for being my favourite FF song.

Foo Fighters- Wasting Light (10/10)

Foo Fighters- Sonic Highways (10/10)

The band's best albums in my opinion, gosh I love them both and they get better and better with replays! I have particular fond memories of Wasting Light, as I saw them on tour for that album cycle and it might be the best gig I've ever been too.

Sonic Highways might be my favourite FF albums, period.

• Like 3

terrible artwork, great album

this band is sort of unknown in general, but the guitarists in this band are incredibly talented.

even though the rhythm guitar is nothing too defiant from the norm for power metal, there's still some unusually complex playing at times.

s-l400.jpg

this one again

i should add the lyrics are pretty great too

• The topic was locked