Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Type O Negative Bloody Kisses (9/10)

where has this band been al my life.........like a weird blend of the Doors, Beatles, some metallica and weirdly 10cc (their "offensive" humour is similar to Godley and Creme era 10cc)

brilliant album.

Mick

• Like 4

Macseal - Macseal EP

Macseal - Yeah, No, I Know EP

Macseal - Map It Out EP

Macseal - Super Enthusiast

10cc-Sheet Music (10/10)

Type O negative put me here. sounds crazy but i swear certain offbeat moments in Type O are REALLY reminiscent of this era of 10cc.

i'm not crazy, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

where has this band been al my life.........like a weird blend of the Doors, Beatles, some metallica and weirdly 10cc (their "offensive" humour is similar to Godley and Creme era 10cc)

brilliant album.

Mick

If Dracula could sing, he would sound like Peter Steele. I got into Type O back in 1993 when I saw them and King's X open for Motley Crue. This was around the time Bloody Kisses was released. My friend and I left the show being more impressed with them than anything else. And yes, that lineup was one of the most f***ed up, mismatched, one of these things is not like the others concert I have ever been to.

I would certainly give October Rust a listen and World Coming Down as well. Warning about World Coming Down, it's the darkest, bleakest and most depressing album from them. You may have to be in the right mood to listen to it. Man, did that Peter Steele hate himself.

• Like 4

It's taken me forever to get around to Yngwie, which is weird because a lot - and i mean a lot - of the bands/guitarists i listen to cite him as an influence. i only have heard bad things about him from other people, but I never fully trusted it, usually the criticism is coming from people who don't enjoy shredding in general, so it's obviously just not for them.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Fire & Ice (first listen)

i prefer the instrumentals ;)

644054.jpg

Dark Moor - The Gates Oblivion

This is related: neoclassical at it's most refined state imo, both in songwriting and production. It's not too symphonic, not too raw, all the shredding is clean, etc.. the 90s and 00s seemed to be the peak for this genre in general.

81Pz-VOFA1L._SX355_.jpg

• Like 1

brilliant album.

Mick

If Dracula could sing, he would sound like Peter Steele. I got into Type O back in 1993 when I saw them and King's X open for Motley Crue. This was around the time Bloody Kisses was released. My friend and I left the show being more impressed with them than anything else. And yes, that lineup was one of the most f***ed up, mismatched, one of these things is not like the others concert I have ever been to.

I would certainly give October Rust a listen and World Coming Down as well. Warning about World Coming Down, it's the darkest, bleakest and most depressing album from them. You may have to be in the right mood to listen to it. Man, did that Peter Steele hate himself.

That's hilarious that King's X and Type O Negative toured together. Obviously mismatched, but that would have been a great tour for me to attend. Too bad I couldn't even walk during that time.

brilliant album.

Mick

World Coming Down is an absolute masterpiece and I honestly think it's both my favourite and the album I listen too the least, because it's just so depressing.

I love the humour and the sincerity of their early albums, but I love the second half of their discography just as much.

All killer, no filler.

• Like 1

brilliant album.

Mick

World Coming Down is an absolute masterpiece and I honestly think it's both my favourite and the album I listen too the least, because it's just so depressing.

I love the humour and the sincerity of their early albums, but I love the second half of their discography just as much.

All killer, no filler.

Just listened through Dead Again while working out

Gotta say, this is my favorite for a lot of reasons, but it's definitely remaining my #1 -- and sort of for the opposite reason you consider World Coming Down

Dead Again's upbeat and motivational while not overlooking the darker side of all the issues presented - heartbreak, drug abuse, falling out with family/friends, etc. really a one of a kind album. Tripping A Blind Man's one of my favorite songs for sure

This is how you spend life

Amused by another's strife

Makes me so sad

And confused

Someone's pain, your leisure

Can't explain sick pleasure

I'm so glad I'm not you

Patience is divine

But the virtue is not mine

Turn you cheek gets ripped off

That's why we're given four

Throwing wrenches gave a false sense of power

What started sweet will soon

Turn sour, oh so sour, yeah

You think it's your place to dispense justice

Well I've been sent to judge the judges

You're done well

So well

She Burned me Down:

Pissed and disappointed I prey to learn to forgive

If I can't find it in my heart then I have no reason to live

Here is an education - the lesson professed is quite cruel

There are some things worse the death and one of them is you

And those are just two examples of course. Their early stuff never really had this sort of maturity going for it until October Rust.. In an interview Peter said that since they started the band as older guys (they were all in their early 30s at its inception) their lyrics weren't typical of rock music, since they saw the world differently than younger guys. This became truer as time went on, and is why I really admire the pseudo-priesthood of the older near-death Peter Steele on Dead Again.

This was a perfect song to end their legacy with, imo:

• Like 1

Ornette Coleman - The Shape Of Jazz To Come

You know, I can totally hear a heavy rock version of Lonely Woman absolutely blowing up.

Released this day in 1976.

I cut classes that day so I could go out to buy the album and bring it back to my dorm room to play it.

• Like 3

You know, I can totally hear a heavy rock version of Lonely Woman absolutely blowing up.

You should give The Last In Line from Dio a listen.

Okay!

Okay!

Then Sacred Heart and Dream Evil.

• Like 3

Okay!

Then Sacred Heart and Dream Evil.

Oh oh oh, dreeeaaassssm eeevil! I believe you can get me, through the ni-iiiiiighhht!

:P

Got it.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked