Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Savatage- The Wake Of Magellan (9/10)

Savatage- Poets And Madmen (9/10)

I forgot how much I love Savatage. It's been five minutes since I last played them. SHOCK!

These are the two albums I've played the least, I love getting to them. PaM is especially brilliant

Morphine Child is fantastic!

It is! Savatage, I'm so grateful to this forum. I love them so much I can't really explain it. How are they so underappreciated?

Jon Olivia doesn't exactly have the most appealing voice. They are kind of hard to label as well. Are they metal? Prog? Rock opera? Symphonic metal? It's tough for some bands to find a bigger audience when neither the fans or the music promoters can describe what exactly they are. Also, Edge Of Thorns did get some radio play when the album came out but they never really had any singles that could help them attract more fans.

I forgot how much I love Savatage. It's been five minutes since I last played them. SHOCK!

These are the two albums I've played the least, I love getting to them. PaM is especially brilliant

It is! Savatage, I'm so grateful to this forum. I love them so much I can't really explain it. How are they so underappreciated?

Jon Olivia doesn't exactly have the most appealing voice. They are kind of hard to label as well. Are they metal? Prog? Rock opera? Symphonic metal? It's tough for some bands to find a bigger audience when neither the fans or the music promoters can describe what exactly they are. Also, Edge Of Thorns did get some radio play when the album came out but they never really had any singles that could help them attract more fans.

The Jon albums are great but your right his voice is not easy to swallow at all........i kept thinking meat loaf in his prime could front Savatage and absolutely nail those songs much better than it's own writer can, lol

Mick

The Jon albums are great but your right his voice is not easy to swallow at all........i kept thinking meat loaf in his prime could front Savatage and absolutely nail those songs much better than it's own writer can, lol

Mick

Strange I have no issue with his vocals but I can hear what you're both saying. And Meat Loaf could have done wonders with so much of their material.

Fine points made. All in all, I am just grateful I got to discover them, and I'm pretty sure it's down to this forum.

Blind Guardian- At The Edge Of Time (9/10)
  • Like 1

Released this day in 1973. Brilliant music.

I remember when HOTH was released. Senior in high school and my buddy had a very hi-tech cassette deck in his Volkswagen Bug ( YELLOW ! ). We drove around town for hours blasting the album over and over. The Song Remains the Same and No Quarter really stood out for me on the first listen.

I saw Led Zep for the first time that summer at MSG. It was truly an out-of-body experience.

51224929664_3bd8d3f19d_c.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 6

Blind Guardian- Nightfall In Middle Earth (10/10)
  • Like 1

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side (10/10)

Blind Guardian seem set to join Iron Maiden, Savatage, Judas Priest and In Flames as my favourite band of my year so far!

• Like 2

Since Thursday:

Like Moths To Flames - Dark Divine

Like Moths To Flames - The Dying Things We Live For

Like Moths To Flames - An Eye For An Eye

Like Moths To Flames - When We Don't Exist

Like Moths To Flames - Sweet Talker EP

Polaris - The Gulit & The Grief EP

Polaris - Dichotomy EP

Too Close To Touch - Nerve Endings

Too Close To Touch - Haven't Been Myself

I picked up The Beatles in Mono Box set. I've been listening to it over the last few days. The box doesn't include Abbey Road and Let it Be, because there are no original mono masters apparently. I'm not an audiophile so I'm not sure I really know what I'm supposed to be listening for in terms of difference. But any excuse to listen to The Beatles discography is welcome.
  • Like 3

Blind Guardian- Battalions Of Fear (7/10)

Blind Guardian- Follow The Blind (7/10)

Blind Guardian- Tales From The Twilight World (7/10)

Blind Guardian- Somewhere Far Beyond (8/10)

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side (10/10)

Blind Guardian- Nightfall In Middle Earth (10/10)

I absolutely loved exploring all these in one sitting today. I actually have a super soft spot for the first three albums, I enjoy them all far more than the ratings suggest. But they improve so much, it's unreal, and it's therefore impossible to rate them as high.

Styx- Crash Of The Crown (9/10)

This album from last year is an absolute delight and I love it more with every spin.

In Flames- Come Clarity (10/10)

In Flames mean the world to me, and it started here.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked