Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Foreigner-4(10/10)

Mick

That's right.

when i was youger being an AOR snob i didn't like it much.

but this album.......for what ever reason......is aging spectacularly. now 37 year old me would call it one of the best AOR records.

it gets better and better.

Mick

• Like 1

Foreigner-4(10/10)

Mick

That's right.

when i was youger being an AOR snob i didn't like it much.

but this album.......for what ever reason......is aging spectacularly. now 37 year old me would call it one of the best AOR records.

it gets better and better.

Mick

It's just perfect to me. I don't know if it's my favorite AOR record, I don't know if it's "better" than a couple all time classics, but I wouldn't change a note.

• Like 1

Toto-IV (8/10)

Now here's an AOR album i don't quite get the mass love of i rotate between a 7 and an 8 i settled on an 8 cause i feel mellow tonight but honestly? one of my least fav AOR records ever, lol

the hits are good to very good....the album tracks are fine enough to just being.....there. and i NEVER liked africa one bit.

Mick

• Like 2

Toto-IV (8/10)

Now here's an AOR album i don't quite get the mass love of i rotate between a 7 and an 8 i settled on an 8 cause i feel mellow tonight but honestly? one of my least fav AOR records ever, lol

the hits are good to very good....the album tracks are fine enough to just being.....there. and i NEVER liked africa one bit.

Mick

I love it!

But I like The Seventh One more.

• Like 2

Loudness - Thunder In The East

The first Metal Church record

Point of Entry and Screaming for Vengeance

• Like 3

81eqqd8rhlL._SL1500_.jpg

Well? What do you think of it?

It's very good, lots of interesting ideas, little bit of classical in certain interlude tunes, as you'd expect. The singer is good, not as good as Russ but who is these days? Lots of killer guitar solos, overall I think it's better than the previous one slightly. a nice slab of prog metal.

• Like 1

81eqqd8rhlL._SL1500_.jpg

Well? What do you think of it?

It's very good, lots of interesting ideas, little bit of classical in certain interlude tunes, as you'd expect. The singer is good, not as good as Russ but who is these days? Lots of killer guitar solos, overall I think it's better than the previous one slightly. a nice slab of prog metal.

Parts of it remind me a wee bit of The Odyssey.
  • Like 1

Toto-IV (8/10)

Mick

For me this is a top five Toto album, but I get it! The album I go back and forth on the most from Toto is Hydra

Blind Guardian- Battalions Of Fear (7/10)

So far this is my least favourite BG album, but holy f**k it's still bursting with creativity and brilliance! I love it, in spite of the flat production, the lack of symphonic elements that caught my ear on layer albums. The Maiden worship is evident, but I also hear a lot of Mekong Delta (also German) and Metallica in their sound.

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side (10/10)

Where has this band been my whole life???

• Like 1

So far today I've only listened to the first disc of this, which honestly is perhaps the most personal and emotionally charged album in the Foos discography. The playing, especially on the opening 1-2-3 punch of In Your Honor, No Way Back, and Best Of You... is intense. It's real.

Ni01MzU0LmpwZWc.jpeg

04987c3d16a6a07423c99a65a1c8efdf--taylor-hawkins-dave-grohl.jpg

• Like 4

Phil Collins-But Seriously (9/10)

i made a playlist of the LP version on my computer. This version has 2 less songs and a different track order.

i think i prefer the LP version.

Great Album

Mick

• Like 4

REO Speedwagon- Hi Infidelity (first time listen...kinda)

Well, I really enjoyed this!

Iron Maiden- Number Of The Beast (11/10)

Remember when I said this was OVERRATED? Shoot me.

Iron Maiden- Piece Of Mind (10/10)

It's a step down from Number but absolute perfection. f**k it. Love it. Impregnate it. BEAUTIFUL!

• Like 5

It's a step down from Number but absolute perfection. f**k it. Love it. Impregnate it. BEAUTIFUL!

Segue has done the impossible. He figured out a way to get me to like a post with REO Speedwagon in it lol.

• Like 4

Segue has done the impossible. He figured out a way to get me to like a post with REO Speedwagon in it lol.

Let he who have understanding reckon the band of the Beast, for it is a human band, it’s name is REO Speedwagon, mwa hahahahahaha!!!

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

Maiden are stratospherically superior

Savatage- The Wake Of Magellan (9/10)

Savatage- Poets And Madmen (9/10)

I forgot how much I love Savatage. It's been five minutes since I last played them. SHOCK!

These are the two albums I've played the least, I love getting to them. PaM is especially brilliant

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

I forgot how much I love Savatage. It's been five minutes since I last played them. SHOCK!

These are the two albums I've played the least, I love getting to them. PaM is especially brilliant

Morphine Child is fantastic!

Morphine Child is fantastic!

It is! Savatage, I'm so grateful to this forum. I love them so much I can't really explain it. How are they so underappreciated?

• The topic was locked