In Flames- Colony (9/10)

In Flames- Reroute To Remain (9/10)

In Flames- Battles (7/10)

Taylor Swift- 1989 (9/10)

Mastodon- Remission (10/10)

• Like 2

The Doors- The Soft Parade (9/10)

Great spin sir!

I feel close the a major Doors marathon. I absolutely adore them, one of those bands I love more than most that I forget until the second I hit "play".

• Like 1

In Flames- Reroute To Remain (9/10)

In Flames- Siren Charms (6/10)

Toto- The Seventh One (9/10)

Iron Maiden- Senjutsu (9/10)

• Like 2

Dream_Theater_Images_And_Words_cd.jpg

R-2509213-1287997921.jpeg.jpg

R-1055904-1188591693.jpeg.jpg

You know....it's really starting to occur to me that DT might really truly be the next band to be added to favorite artists of all time. Currently there are 5 in the list: Queen, Rush, Muse, Genesis, and David Bowie. Other strong contenders for many years have included Yes, The Beatles, Van Halen, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Megadeth, Judas Priest, The Rolling Stones, The Who, PFM, King Crimson, Styx, and certainly quite a few others, which is why I've never been able to decide outside of that top 5. But after finally seeing them live the other night, a couple yards away from John Petrucci, and after playing these three today... who else compares? Really? Who else has that level of technical musicianship (well no one already) paired so consistently with such innately powerful and moving songs? And James LaBrie may be the best, most emotive storyteller in the world of high concept prog singers. I love Peter Gabriel, but even he's not quite able to pull off the emotional gut punches LaBrie has done many times.

Is Dream Theater my 6th favorite artist of all time??

• Like 2

• The topic was locked