Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Lacuna Coil- Comalies (10/10)

Leaves' Eyes- Sign Of The Dragonhead (8/10)

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil- In A Reverie (9/10)

The debut album from Lacuna Coil sounds like the lovechild of The Gathering's Mandylion and Paradise Lost's Draconian Times. I adore it, and whilst it's not perfect, I have spoken with many long term Lacuna Coil fans who still love this one the best. All killer, no filler, this debut still works brilliantly as a representation of what the band has to offer.

• Like 1

Metallica-Load (9/10)

Sue me i love this album. i think it may me one of my favs. i think it was them trying something different. i love that it's all over the place. and it sounds like a band really enjoying themselves.

I love their recent output. wired was awesome..........BUT um.......ithat and Death Magnetic (which I also love) sounds in a way like giving into whiny fans and make a factory stamped Metallica album.

The load albums are metallica branching out a bit......and i'm a HUGE fan.

Mick

• Like 1

In Flames- Come Clarity (9/10)

I still can't quite believe it's 2022 and I still love this band so much. But I do.

Metallica-Load (9/10)

Sue me i love this album. i think it may me one of my favs. i think it was them trying something different. i love that it's all over the place. and it sounds like a band really enjoying themselves.

I love their recent output. wired was awesome..........BUT um.......ithat and Death Magnetic (which I also love) sounds in a way like giving into whiny fans and make a factory stamped Metallica album.

Mick

Death Magnetic is great. Hardwired is my fourth favourite Metallica album (after RTL, MOP and Load/Reload)

• Like 1

Metallica-Load (9/10)

Mick

Death Magnetic is great. Hardwired is my fourth favourite Metallica album (after RTL, MOP and Load/Reload)

their recent output is fantastic. just saying there was a wee element of "ok ok we hear you......here's thrash now shut da fukk up PLEASSSSE?)

but no....i love all the albums after Black album sans st. Anger.......no matter how you sympathize with it.....it's a turd.

actually listening to all these....i finaly have to agree with certain folks........Black Album is.......not the greatest at all....still like but i see the points against it now.

Mick

Metallica-Load (9/10)

Mick

their recent output is fantastic. just saying there was a wee element of "ok ok we hear you......here's thrash now shut da fukk up PLEASSSSE?)

but no....i love all the albums after Black album sans st. Anger.......no matter how you sympathize with it.....it's a turd.

actually listening to all these....i finaly have to agree with certain folks........Black Album is.......not the greatest at all....still like but i see the points against it now.

Mick

Black Album was a creative step in the right direction. I may not think it the GOAT like many music fans, and that's okay. But I also don't think it's a bad album at all. It just does little for me, and I actually enjoy other bands "black album" moments more (Paradise Lost- One Second; Testament- The Ritual).

I love Load and Reload more. I find them more diverse and dynamic listens. They never would have had the confidence to do those albums bad they not tested the waters first.

I used to love Justice but for me the mix is awful to my ears these days.

I'm not huge on Metallica anyway. I think they are great in many ways, but I love Megadeth and Testament more.

• Like 1

In Flames- Reroute To Remain (9/10)

Pop and melodic death metal collide to create a sound that was divisive at first, before a legion of bands took the sound further into the mainstream over the next few years.

I can't help but think In Flames are both one of the greats and a headscratcher of a band. No other band has a discography like theres.

• Like 1

In Flames- Soundtrack To Your Escape (9/10)

Fans hated this album. I think it's aged magnificently.

• Like 1

In Flames- A Sense Of Purpose (9/10)
  • Like 1

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel

EP, I think you might like this album. It really reminds me of My Chemical Romance, especially The Black Parade.
  • Like 1

Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone

Origami Angel - Gen 3 EP

Origami Angel - Somewhere City

• Like 1

EP, I think you might like this album. It really reminds me of My Chemical Romance, especially The Black Parade.

I’ll check it out!

• Like 1

I’ll check it out!

Awesome! Definitely let me know what you think!
  • Like 1

In Flames- Sounds Of A Playground Fading (8/10)

In Flames- Siren Charms (7/10)

Two very divisive IF albums. I enjoy them both a lot.

a5854b93a23f48bac85c7388e29238d1.jpg

Just learned the other day that the spaceships on the cover of the debut are guitars upside down.

• Like 4

Past couple of days:

Everything But the Girl- Amplified Heart

Art Blakey- Free For All

John Coltrane- Ole Coltrane

Herbie Hancock- Inventions and Dimensions

Return to Forever- Light as a Feather

Guided By Voices- Crystal Nuns Cathedral

The Black Crowes- Live at Ferrocarril Oeste Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina- 25th January 1996

• Like 3

• The topic was locked