Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

Thirty Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie

Now I’m on Power Windows again. Lyrically speaking, this album may be Neil’s finest work. Every bit of it is words to live by, a perfect fusion of his head and his heart.

• Like 6

Fugazi - Red Medicine

Ah, this one is adventurous. Lots of feedback and distortion, yet somehow less of a full frontal assault than In On The Kill Taker. Like a balancing act between that one and Repeater. I must listen more.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Leaves' Eyes- Symphonies Of The Night (9/10)

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

Now I’m on Power Windows again. Lyrically speaking, this album may be Neil’s finest work. Every bit of it is words to live by, a perfect fusion of his head and his heart.

I agree that Neil’s lyric-writing was just unbelievably good in the mid to late ‘80s. He was on quite a hot streak.

• Like 4

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

I agree that Neil’s lyric-writing was just unbelievably good in the mid to late ‘80s. He was on quite a hot streak.

I second this. Signals through to Counterparts is amazing lyrically.

• Like 5

The Black Crowes- Three Snakes and One Charm

Megadeth- Youthanasia

Pat Metheny Group- Still Life (Talking)

I had only ever listened to Metheny’s first album, Bright Size Life, and didn’t really latch onto the rest of his catalog. But then last year I watched my son perform Minuano in concert with his band, with him playing the flugelhorn for the main melody (which is done on the guitar/keys on the studio version here)…and he also solo’ed on the flugel for about a minute and a half, where Metheny’s guitar solo is…I was soooo impressed. And started listening to Metheny’s albums more and more, from that point. So Minuano and Still Life (Talking) is where it truly started, for me.

• Like 3

Leaves' Eyes- Sign Of The Dragonhead (8/10)

The world is chaos right now. For some reason, I find LE incredibly distracting and comforting.

• The topic was locked