Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Maneskin - Teatro d'Ira: Vol. I

Again. If you like loud but fun rock and roll drawing from the 70s and the 90s, check this out.

No, check out loud fun rock n roll from the seventies and nineties.

You're missing out!

Absolutely not. I've played all their music and honestly I'm pleased kids have a young rock band to look up too, same with the success of Greta Van Fleet.

But this band is really poor to my ears. They are just rehashing the sound and vibes of bands like The Strokes and all that came after them in the 2000s.

It's been almost 20 years since modern rock had it's last big boom. There really isn't any new ground for younger bands to cover. Where else can they take the genre at this point?

I'm not asking for originality. I'm asking to like it, lol

A fair request. I can definitely understand not liking it.

I'm not knocking them beyond them just not being my thing. Kids getting excited by new rock music in this day and age is great, and at least they are sleazy and cool and have personality.

• Like 2

The Alan Parsons Project- I, Robot (8/10)

Avenged Sevenfold- The Stage (9/10)

Keane- Strangeland (9/10)

• Like 1

Maneskin - Teatro d'Ira: Vol. I

Again. If you like loud but fun rock and roll drawing from the 70s and the 90s, check this out.

No, check out loud fun rock n roll from the seventies and nineties.

You're missing out!

Absolutely not. I've played all their music and honestly I'm pleased kids have a young rock band to look up too, same with the success of Greta Van Fleet.

But this band is really poor to my ears. They are just rehashing the sound and vibes of bands like The Strokes and all that came after them in the 2000s.

It's been almost 20 years since modern rock had it's last big boom. There really isn't any new ground for younger bands to cover. Where else can they take the genre at this point?

I'm not asking for originality. I'm asking to like it, lol

A fair request. I can definitely understand not liking it.

I'm not knocking them beyond them just not being my thing. Kids getting excited by new rock music in this day and age is great, and at least they are sleazy and cool and have personality.

Yes! That's part of what has me so excited is they're a new rock band with their own identity that's somehow gotten quite popular!

Within Temptation- Resist (10/10)

A top five album of the 2010's for me.

• Like 1

Styx- Cyclorama (8/10)

Gosh, I love Styx. And I find this particular album ridiculously underrated. Song for song, it never misses. My only gripe is that shiny, early 2000s production which I find sounds quite thin. A lot of albums of the day suffer from it. Still, I think this is low-key one of the best Styx albums, with a surprising amount of Beatles influence.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Styx- Crash Of The Crown (9/10)

Styx have released two masterpieces in the last few years. I think The Mission is maybe a touch better, or at least sounds more cohesive, but this is a classic Styx album in the making. Maybe the best back to back albums Styx have ever done.

• Like 2

Avenged Sevenfold- Hail To The King (9/10)
  • Like 1

King Crimson - Islands

Iron Maiden - Senjutsu

Mastodon - Hushed And Grim

Maiden isn’t top 10 of ‘21 material. It’s good, even great in places, but not the top of the top.

Mastodon is definitely top 10, maybe even top 5.

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil- Comalies (10/10)

A desert island disc for me. Intoxicating and life affirming it is.

• Like 1

Foo Fighters- One By One (6/10)

Not a flawless album, but it's fun while it plays and has two of my favourite Foo Fighters songs: All My Life and Times Like These.

Lesser Foo's, in my opinion, but I play this one a lot.

• Like 3

Flowing Tears- Razorbliss (9/10)

An underrated Gothic metal band, it's hard to know why they didn't make more impact when they had such a strong discography.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked