Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Taylor Swift- Red (Taylor's Version) (9/10)

More nuanced, better produced, more organically arranged, the rerecording smartly tones down the teenybopper stylings of the still exceptional original, and Taylor's vocals add a sense of maturity to the proceedings that puts me in mind of an intimate acoustic show where an artist shares memories of their past.

I still love the petty, overtly of its day pop production of the original, but I love this new version.

Styx- Crash Of The Crown (9/10)

Wow I forgot all about this album, the last couple of months have been rich with fantastic releases for me. This is still an astonishing album. Love it!

I'm planning on listening to rerecording of Red soon. I've always had a soft spot for the original album.

it is real real good. BUT........i'm so attached to the original that i'm just playing that instead, lol

Mick

Original is superior, I think it's a perfect pop album. But I feel like the new version feels like hearing them for the first time, and I'm stunned that these songs remain so stellar.

• Like 1

More nuanced, better produced, more organically arranged, the rerecording smartly tones down the teenybopper stylings of the still exceptional original, and Taylor's vocals add a sense of maturity to the proceedings that puts me in mind of an intimate acoustic show where an artist shares memories of their past.

I still love the petty, overtly of its day pop production of the original, but I love this new version.

Wow I forgot all about this album, the last couple of months have been rich with fantastic releases for me. This is still an astonishing album. Love it!

I'm planning on listening to rerecording of Red soon. I've always had a soft spot for the original album.

it is real real good. BUT........i'm so attached to the original that i'm just playing that instead, lol

Mick

Original is superior, I think it's a perfect pop album. But I feel like the new version feels like hearing them for the first time, and I'm stunned that these songs remain so stellar.

I would definitely agree that it's a perfect pop album. It's a good balance of her different sides.

Mick

I would definitely agree that it's a perfect pop album. It's a good balance of her different sides.

Definitely. The new version though has a more mature sound. I find myself listening to these songs in my early thirties and still finding them as wonderful as always, but I recognize the lyrics to be even more mature than I ever realised.

• Like 1

Mick

Definitely. The new version though has a more mature sound. I find myself listening to these songs in my early thirties and still finding them as wonderful as always, but I recognize the lyrics to be even more mature than I ever realized.

I'm excited! I'll list some of my thoughts once I've listened to it.

I'm seeing Bob Dylan tonight in NYC at The Beacon... so

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways.

I'm listening to John Fugelsang's talk show on Sirius XM Progress right now and he's talked about how he went to the show. He's been to his concerts a number of times. I heard he made a Rambo joke.

The Doors - Strange Days

The Doors - The Doors

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

Chris Cornell - Songbook

My Morning Jacket - self titled

The Cure - The Head On The Door

Beck - Hyperspace

Steely Dan - Gaucho

R.E.M. - Monster

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

Taylor Swift-Red....original (10/10)

Mick

I love the new version like I often do live albums of full album live shows.

But make no mistake, the original is still my favourite. This youthful energy, with all its naivety and pettiness and optimism and questioning will always win over maturity and pathos.

The new version is wonderful but the original is just, as far as pop goes, transcendent. I remember her fanbase widening to include almost everyone at one point with this.

Robbed at the Grammies. It's the most exciting of all her albums I think.

• Like 2

triumph-allied-forces.jpg

black-sabbath-mob-rules-9.jpg

ozzy-osbourne-diary-of-a-madman.jpg

van-halen-fair-warning.jpg

rush-moving-pictures.jpg

You could argue those are each of their high water marks.

1981 was a very good year for rock. To the above, add ACDC For Those About To Rock, April Wine Nature of the Beast, Iron Maiden Killers, Sammy Hagar Standing Hampton, Billy Squier Don't Say No, Loverboy Get Lucky and you've pretty much got the year's soundtrack where I went to school.
  • Like 4

triumph-allied-forces.jpg

black-sabbath-mob-rules-9.jpg

ozzy-osbourne-diary-of-a-madman.jpg

van-halen-fair-warning.jpg

rush-moving-pictures.jpg

You could argue those are each of their high water marks.

1981 was a very good year for rock. To the above, add ACDC For Those About To Rock, April Wine Nature of the Beast, Iron Maiden Killers, Sammy Hagar Standing Hampton, Billy Squier Don't Say No, Loverboy Get Lucky and you've pretty much got the year's soundtrack where I went to school.

Add Ghost in the Machine.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked