Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

R-13701448-1559453244-3282.jpeg.jpg

I love this album so much! I really need to get more from this band. It's just so moving, so evocative, so melodically entrancing! I'm actually not technically done with it yet, I'm on the bonus track. Acoustic version of City Has No Empathy, which I believe is from their debut. This is the only version I've ever heard and I wonder if the full electric version compares honestly. It's so powerful and has such great chords... plus that last refrain. Yes.

• Like 1

Alice Cooper Love it To Death (9/10)

Mick

I don't know if you're aware of this but when Alice does Ballad Of Dwight Fry live, he performs it while wearing a straightjacket.

I've Seen performances. when i first heard the song i had no idea where it was going, lol but it's a major fav now.

and Black Juju.

2 major highlights on this record.

Mick

• Like 5

Alter Bridge - One Day Remains

First time listen. I had listened to something or another by this band before and I remember really liking it but I never revisited until today. This is fantastic! Really hard to believe three of these guys are in Creed.

• Like 1

First time listen. I had listened to something or another by this band before and I remember really liking it but I never revisited until today. This is fantastic! Really hard to believe three of these guys are in Creed.

There was never anything wrong with Creed musically. Scott Stap was the one thing about them that always seemed to get the most hate. Since this is Alter Bridge's first album you may as well keep listening chronological now. They solidify what their sound would be with the next one.

• Like 3

You sure? This album honestly sounds like Creed ������

... do I need to revisit Creed? Are they better than I remember?

Possibly. I think they were better than what some of the overplayed singles would tell you. A lot of One Day Remains was written before Myles joined the band. So it's definitely the most Creed sounding album since Myles influence wasn't fully felt until the next album.

I've been on a Magnum run these past few days:

Kingdom Of Madness

Magnum II

Chase The Dragon

Eleventh Hour

On A Storytellers Night

Vigilante

• Like 1

You sure? This album honestly sounds like Creed ������

... do I need to revisit Creed? Are they better than I remember?

They aren't bad, the difference between Creed and this album is Myles voice.

Once Myles started contributing to songwriting on the next album, AB truly grew out of the Creed comparisons.

I think Creed were held back by Stapp. They haven't aged well.

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (first time listen, it's solid)

Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light (not as great as the three that precede it, but decidedly more straightforward)

• Like 1

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation (first time listen, it's solid)

Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light (not as great as the three that precede it, but decidedly more straightforward)

I love Chase This Light. It's just a warm, simple album with songs that are easy to underestimate the first few spins.

Next alb Invented might actually be my favourite Jimmy Eat World album.

• Like 2

Spiritbox- Eternal Blue (9/10)

Okay I've been playing this all week like "this is so good I think though fans are overrating it".

And then BOOM I realise I'm obsessed.

Lacuna Coil and Bring Me The Horizon made sweet love and created a beautiful child. And that child's name is Spiritbox.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked