Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Oh and yesterday it was:

King Crimson - Beat (first time listen: It seems more introspective than Discipline, though nothing is as outright relaxed as Matte Kudasai. Is this really KC's worst? Cuz it's really good)

Renaissance - Ashes Are Burning (first time listen: This is the most AM radio sounding Renaissance album I've heard. I've seen this called their best... better than Scheherezade? Better than Turn Of The Cards?? I think not. Not bad though.)

Billy Joel - The Stranger (Not my first time listen, lol. But I don't revisit Joel all that often. He's great! I have to admit this might be his best album, though Everybody Has A Dream doesn't stick the landing for me. Too schmaltzy, it sounds like the kind of song Steely Dan would satirize. A shame, because everything else here is fantastic.)

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

Oh and yesterday it was:

King Crimson - Beat (first time listen: It seems more introspective than Discipline, though nothing is as outright relaxed as Matte Kudasai. Is this really KC's worst? Cuz it's really good)

Renaissance - Ashes Are Burning (first time listen: This is the most AM radio sounding Renaissance album I've heard. I've seen this called their best... better than Scheherezade? Better than Turn Of The Cards?? I think not. Not bad though.)

Billy Joel - The Stranger (Not my first time listen, lol. But I don't revisit Joel all that often. He's great! I have to admit this might be his best album, though Everybody Has A Dream doesn't stick the landing for me. Too schmaltzy, it sounds like the kind of song Steely Dan would satirize. A shame, because everything else here is fantastic.)

A good majority of fans think The Stranger is Billy's best album. So, you're not alone in thinking that it is.

• Like 1

Oh and yesterday it was:

A good majority of fans think The Stranger is Billy's best album. So, you're not alone in thinking that it is.

But I don't want it to be! lol Does that make any sense? I want it to be 52nd Street, but it can't quite keep up with The Stranger song for song.

Oh and yesterday it was:

But I don't want it to be! lol Does that make any sense? I want it to be 52nd Street, but it can't quite keep up with The Stranger song for song.

Lol, 52nd Street is my personal favorite Billy Joel album... easily.
  • Like 3

Sunday jukebox -

EC-Spanish_Model-Cover-Final_400_400_s_c1.jpeg

Second listen - very enjoyable.

220px-Odessey_and_Oracle.jpg

First time I've heard this - good album!

SteveHackett_SurrenderofSilence.jpg?1624950266

Hackett is in fine form here

220px-SmallFaces1967.jpg

The Small Faces first album on Immediate Records. Tremendous.

• Like 3

Oh and yesterday it was:

my top 3 are

1. Nylon Curtain

2. Glass Houses

3. 52nd Street

so 52'd street is in there.

Stranger is like 5th or sixth on my list. great but a bit played out for me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Oh and yesterday it was:

my top 3 are

1. Nylon Curtain

2. Glass Houses

3. 52nd Street

Mick

Glass Houses is the other one I really really love. I usually see people disregard it as his "token new wave album with lots of hits," so I'm happy to see someone else thinks it's one of his best.

I still need to hear Nylon Curtain.

• Like 2

Oh and yesterday it was:

my top 3 are

1. Nylon Curtain

2. Glass Houses

3. 52nd Street

Mick

Glass Houses is the other one I really really love. I usually see people disregard it as his "token new wave album with lots of hits," so I'm happy to see someone else thinks it's one of his best.

nylon Curtain is his more artsy album. very john Lennon like in spots. i think you'd enjoy it. it is more out there for Billy. but being Billy there's still hits on it, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Oh and yesterday it was:

my top 3 are

1. Nylon Curtain

2. Glass Houses

3. 52nd Street

Mick

nylon Curtain is his more artsy album. very john Lennon like in spots. i think you'd enjoy it. it is more out there for Billy. but being Billy there's still hits on it, lol

Mick

I'll pick it up next time I see it.

Oh I should also mention I should have Survivor's Vital Signs a week from now. I've heard the four singles and they were very good.

• Like 1

Billy Joel-Glass Houses (9/10)

one of the best side 1's of all time. side 2 is wonderful as well. but I REALLY have to highlight side 1.

All for Leyna is an absolute banger in particular.

Mick

Yes!!

• Like 1

Billy Joel-52nd Street (9/10)

Maybe it's TECHNICALLY from a song for song angle not better than the stranger. and it might be the hip fan thing to say oh this is better. but look

Big Shot

Honesty

My life

that's the first 3 songs!!!! but THEN we get some cool ass tunes like Stiletto, Zanzibar, LOVE until The Night,....very Righteous Brothers. the title song is a cool little number. and for anyone paying attention the bass is fire on this album!!

Stranger may be the icing but 52nd street is the cake? i'm hungry, lol

great album.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

• The topic was locked