Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Dream Theater- The Astonishing (8/10)

I can't believe in saying this, I am playing this right now, and I am absolutely enthralled by it! Is this a one off?

• Like 4

I can't believe in saying this, I am playing this right now, and I am absolutely enthralled by it! Is this a one off?

TRAITOR!!!!!

lol i lowkey knew this was coming though down the road......cause you're Segue.....everything once loved is hated and what was hated is loved.

One off or not i'm dying laughing.

Mick

• Like 3

TRAITOR!!!!!

lol i lowkey knew this was coming though down the road......cause you're Segue.....everything once loved is hated and what was hated is loved.

One off or not i'm dying laughing.

Mick

I played the first disc twice, I really liked it!

• Like 3

I hope not! Welcome to the small contingent of us who don’t hate The Astonishing!

• Like 1

Dream Theater-The Astonishing (4/10)

Can't share your turn around Segue. i can say i like certain musical passages but that's about it.

it's broadway/musical theater. having grown up immersed in that culture (it is a culture basically) it's a poor man's version of a poor man's version of it.

Jim Steinman would have KILLED this concept though. i wish TA was his project.

speaking of....now as i gave up on TA.

Meat Loaf-Dead Ringer (9/10)

Mick

• Like 2

Tonight I am enjoying Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti on double vinyl record. I could not decide what to listen to tonight, so I did a "random item" search on discogs and this record came up. I have not listened to it in years, and I have not listened to Zappa in years. So it was perfect! Great record!

https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Zappa-Sheik-Yerbouti/release/478333

R-478333-1483564905-6519.jpeg.jpg R-478333-1483564906-6296.jpeg.jpg

R-478333-1246266718.jpeg.jpg R-478333-1246266760.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

I hope not! Welcome to the small contingent of us who don’t hate The Astonishing!

I played it again, with the lyrics. It's cheesy, it's heartfelt, it's big, it's pompous, it's accidentally camp...I think it is a strange album that probably shouldn't exist but I no longer hate it.

It's probably a 6/10 but today I really had a great time, and rated it based on how I felt in that moment.

• Like 2

Played possibly my three favourite albums of the nineties:

Pearl Jam- Ten (10/10)

Third Eye Blind- Third Eye Blind (10/10)

Mariah Carey- Music Box (10/10)

Other contenders are Mariah Carey's Daydream and also Butterfly, plus Paradise Lost's Draconian Times.

• Like 2

Survivor-Vital Signs (10/10)

Simply the greatest AOR album ever IMO.

Mick

Fahrenheit

• Like 1

• The topic was locked