The Official "I gots to get paid", er, 2021 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

Auburn had that game won. Left too much time on the clock for Bama to come back. Auburn fans were crying for joy with 2 minutes left and crying for real after 4OT. Disappointing.

The announcers placed a lot of blame on the Auburn running back who didn't drop before he was taken out of bounds which stopped the clock. I can imagine when you're out there on the field trying your hardest it's not natural to stop running while thinking about the clock.

Auburn had that game won. Left too much time on the clock for Bama to come back. Auburn fans were crying for joy with 2 minutes left and crying for real after 4OT. Disappointing.

The announcers placed a lot of blame on the Auburn running back who didn't drop before he was taken out of bounds which stopped the clock. I can imagine when you're out there on the field trying your hardest it's not natural to stop running while thinking about the clock.

My dad was saying the same thing. Going out of bounds right there may have cost them the game. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to think of when you're in the player's shoes, but if you can take a step back and think about it, it's pretty essential to run the clock right there. It's those little mistakes that wind up costing the most in close games.

My dad was saying the same thing. Going out of bounds right there may have cost them the game. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to think of when you're in the player's shoes, but if you can take a step back and think about it, it's pretty essential to run the clock right there. It's those little mistakes that wind up costing the most in close games.

100% agree with your dad. He needed to just fall down when he saw the tackler closing. Played hero ball instead. Allowed Bama to save a time out which was crucial.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

Lincoln Riley going from OU to USC (seems like a step backward, but I'm sure it's about $$$$) and Bob Stoops will be the interim OU coach.

He had only been a head coach at one school. Maybe he wanted to expand his horizons.

Lincoln Riley going from OU to USC (seems like a step backward, but I'm sure it's about $$$$) and Bob Stoops will be the interim OU coach.

He had only been a head coach at one school. Maybe he wanted to expand his horizons.

Heard he wasn't excited about OSU going to the SEC so this was his chance to leave. Stupid USC, can't even beat BYU :rage:

Utah vs Oregon in Vegas for PAC 12 Championship :cheerleader: :yay: Go Utes!

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Heard he wasn't excited about OSU going to the SEC so this was his chance to leave. Stupid USC, can't even beat BYU :rage:

Normally I would root for the Northwest school but I'm so sick of Oregon and their pussiness (is that a word.............oh well, you get it) I'm rooting for the Utes.

• Like 1

Brian Kelly leaves ND for LSU

Other than the money, why on earth would a coach leave ND for LSU? Oh, wait, there is nothing other than the money.

Less no need to keep up appearances.

Not yet official....

But from what I’m hearing from my college friends all signs point to yes, which is so contrary to everything Notre Dame stands for I can’t rationalize it.

• Like 1

Not yet official....

But from what I’m hearing from my college friends all signs point to yes, which is so contrary to everything Notre Dame stands for I can’t rationalize it.

Don't kid yourself. Notre Dame stands for greed and making money. Even more so than most other bigtime schools.

Not yet official....

Don't kid yourself. Notre Dame stands for greed and making money. Even more so than most other bigtime schools.

You go to school there? Cuz I did. Yeah there’s a lot of money in the school but that ain’t what Notre Dame’s all about.

Not yet official....

You go to school there? Cuz I did. Yeah there’s a lot of money in the school but that ain’t what Notre Dame’s all about.

You keep telling yourself that. A 12+ billion dollar endowment and 54 million in profits annually from the just the football program and yet it's still one of the most expensive universities in America.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Normally I would root for the Northwest school but I'm so sick of Oregon and their pussiness (is that a word.............oh well, you get it) I'm rooting for the Utes.

Thanks for that. After the year the team has had with losing two teammates within 9 months, I am very proud of them and how they have tried to honor their fallen team members. It would be a great tribute to them to win the PAC 12 Championship. Third time has to be the charm.

Other than the money, why on earth would a coach leave ND for LSU? Oh, wait, there is nothing other than the money.

I dunno, maybe he'd like to prove to himself he can beat the Bamas and Goergias of the world when he has access to the same talent (since he'll now be at a top SEC program). It's been obvious that ND hasn't had the same level of talent as the top SEC schools and (it kills me to say this) Ohio St.

All that said, the money doesn't hurt either. :)

Edited by driventotheedge

I dunno, maybe he'd like to prove to himself he can beat the Bamas and Goergias of the world when he has access to the same talent (since he'll now be at a top SEC program). It's been obvious that ND hasn't had the same level of talent as the top SEC schools and (it kills me to say this) Ohio St.

Yeah, I get this, but he doesn't have to be in the same conference to recruit the same kids -- it's a nationwide talent pool for any of those schools. Does the LSU/SEC brand have greater drawing power than Notre Dame? I'd be surprised, frankly. It's the same Chip Kelly, so it's likely to be the same kind of recruits.

Yeah, I get this, but he doesn't have to be in the same conference to recruit the same kids -- it's a nationwide talent pool for any of those schools. Does the LSU/SEC brand have greater drawing power than Notre Dame? I'd be surprised, frankly. It's the same Chip Kelly, so it's likely to be the same kind of recruits.

Reasons like this from the student "handbook" may be enough to keep some recruits away, The University embraces the Catholic Church’s teaching that a genuine and complete expression of love through sex requires a commitment to a total living and sharing together of two persons in marriage. Consequently, students who engage in sexual union outside of marriage may be subject to referral to the University Conduct Process.

Vishnu help them if they're gay.

Reasons like this from the student "handbook" may be enough to keep some recruits away, The University embraces the Catholic Church’s teaching that a genuine and complete exp<b></b>ression of love through sex requires a commitment to a total living and sharing together of two persons in marriage. Consequently, students who engage in sexual union outside of marriage may be subject to referral to the University Conduct Process.

Man even in the sports forum you can't get away from your bitterness. This is so awesome! I knew it would be an easy bet to win.

Reasons like this from the student "handbook" may be enough to keep some recruits away, The University embraces the Catholic Church’s teaching that a genuine and complete expression of love through sex requires a commitment to a total living and sharing together of two persons in marriage. Consequently, students who engage in sexual union outside of marriage may be subject to referral to the University Conduct Process.

Man even in the sports forum you can't get away from your bitterness. This is so awesome! I knew it would be an easy bet to win.

I'm just posting a reason some players may not want to go there, but I'm sure their guidelines pale in comparison to BYU.

• Like 2

Reasons like this from the student "handbook" may be enough to keep some recruits away, The University embraces the Catholic Church’s teaching that a genuine and complete exp<b></b>ression of love through sex requires a commitment to a total living and sharing together of two persons in marriage. Consequently, students who engage in sexual union outside of marriage may be subject to referral to the University Conduct Process.

I'm just posting a reason some players may not want to go there, but I'm sure their guidelines pale in comparison to BYU.

Yep. They do. You do realize by now don't you that the woman who left you has probably forgotten what you look like and is moaning someone else's name? But Hey. Apparently you couldn't be happier.

Yep. They do. You do realize by now don't you that the woman who left you has probably forgotten what you look like and is moaning someone else's name? But Hey. Apparently you couldn't be happier.

Looks like I struck a nerve (or are you always such a classless jerk?).

I left her and she's never even dated anyone according to my son who still lives there.