The Official "I gots to get paid", er, 2021 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

Utah Utes beat USC 42-26! First time Utah has beaten the Trojans at the Coliseum since 1916 and since Utah joined the PAC 12. So proud of these young men, having lost a teammate two weeks ago in an act of violence yet they pulled together and played their hearts out. :heart: :clap: :cheerleader: :yes:
  • Like 4

Suck it, Saban, you failed pro coach and traitorous asshole!

"What what what?" Fukk you, Nick!

How big of an asshole do you have to be to get me to root for Jumbo Fisher?

Find a mirror.

Clever :wacko:

Find a mirror.

Well you did set yourself up............

Find a mirror.

Well you did set yourself up............

By assuming we're all adults here? Yeah, that was a mistake, I guess.

Find a mirror.

This seems like a comment that comes from an SOCN conversation. Which is where such a comment should be confined to.

• Like 1

Anybody catch the end of Old Miss v Tennessee? Did that guy for Tennessee make the 1st down or was the virtual marker (the yellow line) set wrong? Officials called the guy short, turning the ball over to Mississippi and enraging Volunteers fans, who started pelting the field with plastic bottles and other things. Old Miss coach Lane Kiffin got tagged in the head with a golf ball thrown by some miscreant. 0:54 left in the game, which was delayed for 20 minutes. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Anybody catch the end of Old Miss v Tennessee? Did that guy for Tennessee make the 1st down or was the virtual marker (the yellow line) set wrong? Officials called the guy short, turning the ball over to Mississippi and enraging Volunteers fans, who started pelting the field with plastic bottles and other things. Old Miss coach Lane Kiffin got tagged in the head with a golf ball thrown by some miscreant. 0:54 left in the game, which was delayed for 20 minutes.

Didn't see the game but if Lane Kiffin got smacked, it wasn't a total loss.

Also, separated at birth?

lane-kiffin-daniel-tosh.jpg

Edited by Fordgalaxy

Anybody catch the end of Old Miss v Tennessee? Did that guy for Tennessee make the 1st down or was the virtual marker (the yellow line) set wrong? Officials called the guy short, turning the ball over to Mississippi and enraging Volunteers fans, who started pelting the field with plastic bottles and other things. Old Miss coach Lane Kiffin got tagged in the head with a golf ball thrown by some miscreant. 0:54 left in the game, which was delayed for 20 minutes.

That was crazy. I can't believe that the home team isn't simply given a forfeit when their crowd goes nuts like that.
  • Like 3

That was crazy. I can't believe that the home team isn't simply given a forfeit when their crowd goes nuts like that.

Not this time, Tennessee was the home team!

Utes knock Arizona State out of the undefeated column. We scored 28 points in the second half to win 35-21. We are the only undefeated team in conference play in the PAC 12. :dweez: :clap: :cheerleader:
  • Like 2

An excellent suggestion and one I hope Greg Sankey considers so this never happens again.

And for the record, there are few fanbases that are more entitled than Tennessee's. They haven't done jack in the last decade but they act like they should win the SEC East every year.

Utes knock Arizona State out of the undefeated column. We scored 28 points in the second half to win 35-21. We are the only undefeated team in conference play in the PAC 12. :dweez: :clap: :cheerleader:

Did you say "Utes"?

That never gets old, lol. Congrats, and go Utah!

• Like 1

Eastern Washington University moved to 7-0 yesterday after defeating Idaho 71-21. :dweez:

Holy moly. Those Eagles are flying.

Eagles rule the [big] sky!

My nieces graduated from there in '11. Plus it's very close to Spokane where I grew up so as a result I have a rooting interest. Man they looked good. Hoping for their 2nd National Championship.

Eastern Washington University moved to 7-0 yesterday after defeating Idaho 71-21. :dweez:

Holy moly. Those Eagles are flying.

Eagles rule the [big] sky!

My nieces graduated from there in '11. Plus it's very close to Spokane where I grew up so as a result I have a rooting interest. Man they looked good. Hoping for their 2nd National Championship.

:cheerleader:

Yes the my Cousin Vinnie joke is funny. We have the real Utes come to a game every year since 2014 and perform at half time. The University has enlarged the scholarship fund for tribal members since then. I am proud that we are honoring them and that they want to be associated with the U. Here's the first half time show from 2014 (they have also started coming to a basketball game and gymnastics meet each year too.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NEXFCgHviU

Edited by Rhyta

So will Washington State hire Utah's coach or Eastern Washington's? :outtahere:

EWU's. I don't see Whittingham leaving Utah. It's a better gig in the same conference (and this from a Coug fan)

• Like 1

Michigan reclaims the lead 33-30.

It's quite the exciting game, though if some of the same people that were in the MLB thread were here they'd be bemoaning the invention of the forward pass and the advent of platoon football.